Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding Candidates through a recruitment agency

Options
  • 02-05-2008 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

I was onto a large Recruitment agency in Dublin for a Business Development/Sales candidate. Basic salary between 30-40k depending on experience + Performance related Bonus.

The agency is looking for 6k finders fee for the candidate. They sent 2 CV's including this chap in question!

Is this the normal charge from recruitment agencies. Have they honestly done
    60 hours @ 100 Euros per hour
    or even
    30 hours @ 200 Euros per hour
    to justify 6000 Euros?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭flash harry

Cousin Borat

Im a recruiter (as you'll see if you check any of my posts!!!). 15-20% would not be outrageous but it should be based on the salary NOT a set fee - well traditionally at least.

IF a recruiter is worth this is argued ad nauseum in the Work & Jobs part of boards - my advise would be to make sure your really comfortable with the guaruntee arrangement - if the candidate leaves on day 91 and you get zero back (pretty standard) OR if they leave on day 31 and your 3K out of pocket with no employee how happy with the service will you be? Ask the recruiter would they view this as value, its pretty hard to justify and you can negotiate a better deal. That said that you have to become responsible for the employees retention at some point....

If they sent you a CV that you like, its not by chance, they probably know this person will be hard to match and will try get biggest fee possible based on it - keep in mind have you indicated that you agreed to their terms?? If you haven't talk to other recruiters in the sector, person could easily be registered elsewhere, lower fee etc...

PM me if need any further info....

Advertisement