Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinclair A-Bike

Options
  • 02-05-2008 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get one in Dublin, or could reccommend stores especially good with folding bikes?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Woah those bikes look weird.

If you're willing to splash the cash, the Cycleways do Brompton and Mezzo, both really good brands.

There's a shop at the end of Wexford St that does a few cheap ones, but I'd steer clear of the cheap folders (I speak from experience here).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

The Sinclair A-Bike is a bit of an extreme folder. It's significantly smaller, lighter (and cheaper) than something like a Brompton.

It folds/unfolds extremely quickly and is really designed as a quicker alternative to walking, for people who might have a 2-3km connection to make between work and train, etc.

I can see it being well suited to that purpose. Any longer, no, although there are crazies out there who have done long cycles on them (the sort of people who would do them on a unicycle I suspect.)

A Brompton would be much nearer to a traditional bike.

Yeah I'm reading more about those a-bikes. Quite tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

yeah my connection is 2km on one side and 1km on the other side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

There was a program on Channel 4 with Ruth Badger from the apprentice helping them to sell them.
    They looked awkward but any of the testers that tried them, loved them.

• Advertisement

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    yeah my connection is 2km on one side and 1km on the other side.

Mine is about the same. They are coming out with a new better model so maybe it might be wise to wait?

Advertisement