Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Those Europeans have it so easy

• 02-05-2008 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭

Look at this for a lineup! And the price!!!!! €15

Unbelievable compared to what we have to pay here

http://www.sundayadventureclub.de/

Richie Hawtin
    Josh Wink
    Luciano
    Matthew Dear's Big Hands (Live)
    Karotte
    Tobi Neumann
    Zip
    Magda
    Marc Houle (Live)
    Paco Osuna
    Troy Pierce
    Matt John
    Guido Schnieder
    Steve Bug
    Heartthrob (live)
    Konrad Black
    Loco Dice&Marco Carola (back to back)
    Rebekah Aff
    Cassy

all for 15 euro. Fukk me!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Unbelieveable.... That's would be a fantastic lineup if we got that over the whole year! Loads of my fave's are on there

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

whats the capicity of the place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lenny wrote: »
    whats the capicity of the place?

No idea Lenny.

Am seriously consdiering it though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

How in the world can they organise this and have such cheap tickets?

Maybe we should all get together just replicate the same thing over here, €50 tickets and make a fortune! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Indeed that represents serious value for money

PROMOTERS HERE TAKE NOTE

To see Richie Hawtin or Josh Wink alone here would probably set you back the guts of €30..Rip off Ireland in full effect.

In fact this should be emailed around to every club and promoter in Ireland with a number of questions attached most notably why people have to shell out stupid money to go see DJ's when you can have all that for like €15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Wow. Had been thinking of taking a trip to Berlin this summer anyway. Thats unbelievable. Might just hit it.

Zascar wrote: »
    How in the world can they organise this and have such cheap tickets?

Maybe we should all get together just replicate the same thing over here, €50 tickets and make a fortune! ;)

I'm only guessing here, but seeing as a good few of these are based in Berlin, I imagine its something they are putting on themselves and have gathered a lot of mates to come along for the sesh.

I'd reckon (again only guess work) That those playing are playing for no fee or a v low fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

My god thats an unbelievable lineup!!!

When is it Kev?

Fieldog wrote: »
    My god thats an unbelievable lineup!!!

When is it Kev?

June 15th I believe.

Details on the site linked in my first post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

Problem is that in Ireland there is a promoter monopoly for big names and they set the price they want!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Problem is that in Ireland there is a promoter monopoly for big names and they set the price they want!
    And you have to remember that Germans just wouldn't pay over the odds for concert tickets. It's like the time a few years back when Neil Young was touring Europe doing small intimate gigs. He played here in Vicar St. and tickets were over €100, it sold out in 5 mins. In Germany he tried to charge the same and ze Germans boycotted the gig and afaik he had to cancel.

I know that in Ireland there's certain extra overheads involved in putting on events compared to say mainland Europe but if promoters keep on putting on events at ridiculous prices and those events keep selling out at in record breaking time why wouldn't they continue to do so.

I really think Ireland is seen as a bit of a cash cow for touring artists in the last few years. The amount of big name artists that have played in Ireland in recent years in phenomenal, and doubt it's solely down to the love of their fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Insurance. Security. Venue capacity. First two are quite expensive here and the second is usually very low, particularly in Dublin (most of Irelands very big single-room venues are down the sticks, theres rural clubs with more capacity than Tripod)

Some promoters are now starting to provide gigs at sane prices down south - Letrik at €20 is an example. Up north everythings cheaper, but their staffing costs are a lot lower too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Something else alright. I was even looking at creamfields europe in czech republic.
    The festival happens on a (disused) airstrip of Breclav Airport with progressive pillars Sasha and John Digweed, Dutch trance star Ferry Corsten, electrohouse live duo Booka Shade and Scottish technoist Funk D'Void headlining seven stages. There'll be one main dance arena, one stage for bands and five smaller tents for hip hop, techno, progressive, house, breaks and more.

This time, rather than transporting over washed up jocks from Cream's halcyon days, the festival is pushing the locals with a thirty-strong cast of DJs and bands from the nearby cities also filling out the line-up. Want to keep your Creamfields international perfect attendance in tact? Then this one's for you.

Camping is available for visitors coming from abroad right near the festival venue. On the day before the festival – on 11th July – the warm up party will take place in the part of the festival venue.

The tickets cost 35 Eur in advance sale and 40 Eur at the event.

Have been talking to the Czech guy from work and he assures me that all the DJs on the line up from CZ are top notch and the party will more than likely continue allday sunday. How much is a ticket for a weekend event here. €200+

OMG:eek::eek::eek: this is the best line up ive seen in years i seriously have to try make it to this, this is serious value for money from some of the all time legends of House music.:cool:

l_2c03c3cdd2736e8c68e27bc18ee20d7c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Slunk wrote: »
    Have been talking to the Czech guy from work and he assures me that all the DJs on the line up from CZ are top notch and the party will more than likely continue allday sunday. How much is a ticket for a weekend event here. €200+

Its mad. Alot of E Europeans Ive met like dance (went to Faithless in Marlay Parkin 2006, last big one Ive been to, Id reckon at least a fifth of people we ran into were E European. Ditto any time Ive been in Spirit) yet the prices, even by their wage standards at home, are rock bottom and dont sell out immediately :confused:

Id love to go, ticket for 40 and now Ryanair fly to Prague for pennys.

Convincing anyone else to go is another matter :(

Just booked a one way flight (get ferry back) to Liverpool with Ryanair for a fiver for this Back To The Pool, im soooo excited about this, will be an absolutely amazing gig, iver not seen a better line-up in years, all time House legends playing, gonna book ticket soon,anyone else going to this?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

jonny68 wrote: »
    OMG:eek::eek::eek: this is the best line up ive seen in years i seriously have to try make it to this, this is serious value for money from some of the all time legends of House music.:cool:

l_2c03c3cdd2736e8c68e27bc18ee20d7c.jpg

Deffo Johnny, have never seen a summer of love line up like that.....

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Ahh Joe Smooth! That looks a good gig alright!!!

I want to go the Promised Land... Yahoo!!! :):):)

Cheers for posting this, made my day....

Such a happy tune, couldn't not put a smile on your face :D

• Advertisement

So true, so true, I'm not going to miss this..

Looking for tickets there, there probably on the door as I can't see anything on 3beats website...

I'm going booking flights, there will be some proper grooving going on there...

Again ta for posting this...

:):):):)

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Ahh Joe Smooth! That looks a good gig alright!!!

you should go man flights are 5 euro (all in) with Ryanair one way and the ferry back is £24 one way, you'd spend more on a nite out in town.;)

I think I will actually, just need to sort babysitter first but I reckon this can't be missed, especially seeing as it's so close and easy to get there.

Alright Johnny, yeah, I have the Ryanair flight up, which is great, land there and go straight out and as it's not finishing up till 6, better again...

What ferry did you go for,, I had P&O and they won't take foot passengers..

The ferry is a good idea, and as I gave years working on them I would like to go back in a mess which is usually the way I used to work on em, "argh, it's a night for the 4 bells.":D:D

Felixdhc wrote: »
    I think I will actually, just need to sort babysitter first but I reckon this can't be missed, especially seeing as it's so close and easy to get there.

let me know man we could arrange a meet up, im getting the 10.30pm flight over on the Saturday and the 12pm ferry back the next day,hopefully getting a ticket soon.

NoDrama wrote: »
    Alright Johnny, yeah, I have the Ryanair flight up, which is great, land there and go straight out and as it's not finishing up till 6, better again...

What ferry did you go for,, I had P&O and they won't take foot passengers..

The ferry is a good idea, and as I gave years working on them I would like to go back in a mess which is usually the way I used to work on em, "argh, it's a night for the 4 bells.":D:D

cheaper to get the train/ferry back, http://www.irishferries.com/

we could all arrange a meet up as well :)

jonny68 wrote: »
    cheaper to get the train/ferry back, http://www.irishferries.com/

we could all arrange a meet up as well :)

Yeah, be on for that, should be great, really looking forward to this...:)

And thats the crowd I use to work for, better still, still have the key to me aul cabin...

Just booked my flights for creamfields in czech republic on the 12th of July, then on into Germany for the Love Parade on the 17th. Happy days. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 SebastienX

Ireland is by far the worst place for dance music. Either its the expensive price of getting in, or just the standard of the venue.
    I went to Lektroluv in spy i dno end of last year, and the venue clearly was rubbish, i could hardly breath in it and i saw him in Spirit there like last bank holiday weekend and that was a little better but drinks were like 11 euro whilst also getting in wasnt too cheap either.
    Compare that to netherlands. I spent 3 months there this year and went to a festival called Trance Energy, and it was 38 euro for pretty much the whos who of trance. Also went to see many other djs in normal clubs and entrance was like 10 euro, drink was real cheap.... altho the dutch arent big drinkers, and the venues are perfect in terms of equipment and size.

Also i went to Marcel woods in Tivoli and forget how much ticket was but it was circa 30. And in fairness lineup was decent for the night. but when the club closes at like 3 on the dot, i really dont see that as justification for going to any of these gigs.

While i was in holland i went to a dr Lektroluv gig in Groningen which is a studenty location. entrance was 5 euro or something, and i planned to get train to amsterdam with my friend after it. first train was 5am, and i thought it would be over by 5 but he was still playing past 5 so basically my point is, id reckon save money and go to europe for like a few nights and go out every night. beats ireland by far.
    This summer im going to 5 days off, sensation white, les ardentes, dance valley and sensation black and finally love parade ger in like 2 weeks in europe and it aint even that expensive and these are some of europes biggest events.

• Advertisement

SebastienX wrote: »
    Ireland is by far the worst place for dance music. Either its the expensive price of getting in, or just the standard of the venue.
    I went to Lektroluv in spy i dno end of last year, and the venue clearly was rubbish, i could hardly breath in it and i saw him in Spirit there like last bank holiday weekend and that was a little better but drinks were like 11 euro whilst also getting in wasnt too cheap either.
    Compare that to netherlands. I spent 3 months there this year and went to a festival called Trance Energy, and it was 38 euro for pretty much the whos who of trance. Also went to see many other djs in normal clubs and entrance was like 10 euro, drink was real cheap.... altho the dutch arent big drinkers, and the venues are perfect in terms of equipment and size.

Also i went to Marcel woods in Tivoli and forget how much ticket was but it was circa 30. And in fairness lineup was decent for the night. but when the club closes at like 3 on the dot, i really dont see that as justification for going to any of these gigs.

While i was in holland i went to a dr Lektroluv gig in Groningen which is a studenty location. entrance was 5 euro or something, and i planned to get train to amsterdam with my friend after it. first train was 5am, and i thought it would be over by 5 but he was still playing past 5 so basically my point is, id reckon save money and go to europe for like a few nights and go out every night. beats ireland by far.
    This summer im going to 5 days off, sensation white, les ardentes, dance valley and sensation black and finally love parade ger in like 2 weeks in europe and it aint even that expensive and these are some of europes biggest events.

Got to agree with you there. Was in Berlin there about two months ago and it was 10 euro in the club to lekroluv and it was still going at near 7am and nowhere near the price for a drink. With cheap flights these days if you didnt go out here for a week or two you would get a great weekend in europe.

Roll on July, Creamfields Europe and Love Parade and whatever else I can squeeze in. :D

Drink is definitely one of the major factors that make ireland a rip off.
    I was at lektroluv at bank holiday in spirit/academy and i was a couple of friends and my brothers girlfriend just happened to be there with her friends also. She offered to buy us all a drink, and i already knew drinks were expensive so i took her up on offer. But a jaegerbomb was like 11.50 or something mad like that and she ended up spending like 60 euro on a round of drinks. She obviously thought it would be like half that but didnt want to be like mean by coming back without them. I ended up giving her the money back for all the dirnks because i felt a little guilty, but a drink over ten euro is an absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Completely agree with going abroad for better nights. As we have seen in previous posts here, simply hoping across the pond to the UK is already a fairly cheap option.

http://www.southwestfour.com/lineup.aspx SW4 is a fairly new event which has been on the last couple of years and is becoming more and more popular and is only in London.

It's easy to get cheap flights and drink in general is fairly cheap in the UK anyway. It's 38 sterling into the gig but it has a nice line up. The only thing is that I believe this finishes up early enough but the after parties are animal.

The good thing about the timing of this is that the Notting Hill festival starts the following day and the parties go on until around Tuesday.

The main thing that bugs me about clubbing in Ireland is the closing times well the price of gigs bugs me too but I really can't see anything being done about that in the near future.

Another good festival is the INOX festival which is in France.
    http://www.inox-festival.com/
    Check out the line up for yourselves
    http://www.inox-festival.com/INOX%202008-Lineup-testprint.pdf
    4 days of top name DJs for a grand aul total of 80 yoyo's.

Other people have mentioned, Czech Rep, Germany, Holland and the UK which are all cheaper than over here, better line ups (where we may only get to see one of these DJs/Acts in the one night for the same price as seeing 5-10 in the same night abroad) and then there's the closing times which are usually better than here because this country is very bad on that front too. The message is clear really, we're getting done over, ripped at nearly every gig by the cost of tickets and the price you pay inside for anything you want to drink.

Just another point actually and probably opening up a can of worms here but bouncers abroad are much better than over here. They actually seem to care for your well being. Check if your alright, don't go around like they're god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Some of those gigs coming up in Europe look great. If only I could get my mates to go to them.. alas most of them are married with kids now and it is hard enough to get them down to the pub let alone another country :(

Little tip on another festival i never missed when i was living in Belgium

Dour Festival : 50Kms from Charleroi.

http://www.dourfestival.be/en

Chak the line up, very eclectic, 4 days and.....

During the festival

4 DAY PASS
    festival 17 - 20 July
    + parking or shuttle** 85 EUR * AVAILABLE coming soon on sale only
    if the festival is not sold-out
    THURSDAY JULY 17 2008
    + parking or shuttle** 45 EUR * AVAILABLE coming soon on sale only
    FRIDAY JULY 18 2008
    SATURDAY JULY 19T 2008
    SUNDAY JULY 20 2008

PS: Dour Festival will host a M_NUS on tour event this year

Completely agree with going abroad for better nights. As we have seen in previous posts here, simply hoping across the pond to the UK is already a fairly cheap option.

http://www.southwestfour.com/lineup.aspx SW4 is a fairly new event which has been on the last couple of years and is becoming more and more popular and is only in London.

It's easy to get cheap flights and drink in general is fairly cheap in the UK anyway. It's 38 sterling into the gig but it has a nice line up. The only thing is that I believe this finishes up early enough but the after parties are animal.

The good thing about the timing of this is that the Notting Hill festival starts the following day and the parties go on until around Tuesday.

The main thing that bugs me about clubbing in Ireland is the closing times well the price of gigs bugs me too but I really can't see anything being done about that in the near future.

Another good festival is the INOX festival which is in France.
    http://www.inox-festival.com/
    Check out the line up for yourselves
    http://www.inox-festival.com/INOX%202008-Lineup-testprint.pdf
    4 days of top name DJs for a grand aul total of 80 yoyo's.

Other people have mentioned, Czech Rep, Germany, Holland and the UK which are all cheaper than over here, better line ups (where we may only get to see one of these DJs/Acts in the one night for the same price as seeing 5-10 in the same night abroad) and then there's the closing times which are usually better than here because this country is very bad on that front too. The message is clear really, we're getting done over, ripped at nearly every gig by the cost of tickets and the price you pay inside for anything you want to drink.

Just another point actually and probably opening up a can of worms here but bouncers abroad are much better than over here. They actually seem to care for your well being. Check if your alright, don't go around like they're god.

That Southwest4 one looks pretty good and ive never heard of. i have one criticism of events with a massive lineup like that and that is the length of sets. I suppose for that price its decent enough but Ive been going to a quite a few festivals over last few years and even trance energy which is like 12 ish hours long, the sets are too short for Dj to really dish out a good set. But i suppose if you only have one night its best to see them all.

Its funny you mention closing time being too early. a few years ago Irish government were going to make clubs close at 1:30, well close bars i mean, and it was petitioned against big time, although i think that there is going to be another attempt at trying to do it again this year.
    Im not actually too sure why they are too concerned about closing time though. I would understand if the city centre was populated by people living in apartments but, the extreme majority do not live in town so its not as if noise bothers anyone. I presume they figure this country has a binge drinking problem or something. But if people werent forced to knock them back before like 11, so they can avoid buying drink in a club and be fairly jolly going in then i doubt there would be as big a problem. The reason drink is so expensive in ireland is due to the lack of hours clubs are allowed sell drink for. So i dont think we can blame clubs really about price of entry or drinks. They just gotta try make profit in the tiny time they are legally given.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭reregholdsworth

Gives u an idea of the line up

webfly180406.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭alphanine

I love Techno 2007. 38 euro if I can rememer correctly. An incredible party, we are starved here of proper techno/dance events

Check "10 Days Off" in Ghent, Belgium, from the 18th to the 28th of July

Gigs are taking place in the "Vooruit" Theatre ( Which was the original venue of I Love Techno) right in the Centre and loads of entertainment in the city every night. I would advise that to anyone. Especially with a line up like this

http://www.10daysoff.be .... ridiculous prices as well !

Dag 1 - vrijdag 18 juli 2008
    Depth Charge - James Holden - Misstress Barbara
    Padded Cell - Ricardo Tobar - The Emperor Machine

Dag 2 - zaterdag 19 juli 2008
    Ben Westbeech - Christian Prommer's Drumlesson - Kerri Chandler
    Murvin Jay - Osunlade - Red D & Lady Linn - Zombie Zombie

Dag 3 - zondag 20 juli 2008
    Dan Tait - John Digweed - Kraak & Smaak
    Pole Folder - Sven Van Hees - TLP - X-ian

Dag 4 - maandag 21 juli 2008
    Busy P - Feadz - Mehdi
    Noë - Rex The Dog - The Subs

Dag 5 - dindsdag 22 juli 2008
    Anja Schneider - Barem - Exercise One
    Heartthrob - Magda - Pan-Pot - Richie Hawtin

Rustdag - woensdag 23 juli 2008

Dag 6 - donderdag 24 juli 2008
    Andy C - Benga - BunZer0
    Caspa & Rusko - Murdock - Shy FX

Dag 7 - vrijdag 25 juli 2008
    Corrid'or - Dominik Eulberg - Gui Boratto
    Jennifer Cardini - Pig & Dan - The Field - Tiefschwarz

Dag 8 - zaterdag 26 juli 2008
    A.Human - Cook-E & Matic - Dada Life
    Principles Of Geometry - Shameboy - Tocadisco

Dag 9 - zondag 27 juli 2008
    Radioactive Man - Soul Designer - The Black Dog

Dag 10 - maandag 28 juli 2008
    Cosy Mozzy vs. Jean Montevideo - Dr Lektroluv - Jonasty - Maxim Lany
    Pilooski - **** Robot - Simian Mobile Disco - The Glimmers - The Juan Maclean

NoDrama wrote: »
    Yeah, be on for that, should be great, really looking forward to this...:)

And thats the crowd I use to work for, better still, still have the key to me aul cabin...

you still going to this man?Send me a PM if you are and we'll arrange a meetup if you like :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement