Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vo2 Max Test

Options
  • 02-05-2008 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

Has anyone ever taken the Vo2 max test?,what was it like etc,thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Having my first later this month. I've had blood lactate tests done prior to this and I'm interested to see what my Vo2 comes out at.

I've found a more scientific approach to training very helpful. If you were thinking of getting tested I can recommend Peak Condition, www.peakhealth.ie. I've no experience of anyone else in the field but I'm very happy with the advice and guidance I've received from them.

It's no magic formula though, you've still gotta get out and put the hard miles in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

jeffontour wrote: »
    Having my first later this month. I've had blood lactate tests done prior to this and I'm interested to see what my Vo2 comes out at.

I've found a more scientific approach to training very helpful. If you were thinking of getting tested I can recommend Peak Condition, www.peakhealth.ie. I've no experience of anyone else in the field but I'm very happy with the advice and guidance I've received from them.

It's no magic formula though, you've still gotta get out and put the hard miles in!

Can I ask the sort of price for the Peak Condition -it's the sort of thing I'd be interested in giving a go, to get some better training in, but have no idea how expensive it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

I paid 150 yoyos for testing and 50 more for 3 months training plans.

I started last year though so not sure if it's changed. Best to get in touch with them.

Before doing it you'd need to really have a firm goal in mind for 6 months down the line. Allow for initial testing, 3 months work based on that and then another 3 months work after your re-test. Kinda pointless spending the cash if you haven't a goal which you're commited to achieving.

Advertisement