Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Took only 4 days to arrive from Canada

• 02-05-2008 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

I ordered my copy for the PS3 from VideoGamesPlus.ca late on Monday afternoon. Got an email on Tuesday to say that it had shipped. It arrived in the post this morning. Even ordering from CDWow or Play does not arrive that quick.

The total cost of this was €45.

Just hope it works now :o:D

McGintyMcGoo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for it to come from ****ing sendit.com :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Same here....preordered weeks ago. Shipped on Monday via regular post, arrived this morning, just in time for the long weekend.

Regular post was actually quicker than a DHL delivery from them a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,214 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Vg+ are an amazing service to deal with. I ordered fifa 08 on a Tuesday afternoon and it arrived on a Friday morning! Couldnt believe it, wouldnt use any other online store for games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Have to agree with the previous poster, not just because of the speedy deliveries.

I ordered a Dualshock 3, Virtua Tennis 3, Rainbox Six Las Vegas, Ridge Racer and GTA IV...all except GTA IV were sent DHL with GTA IV arriving today and all for only €180

Saved nearly 50% on brick and mortar prices, and the DS3 isn't out here either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

VG+ are amazing like that. Ordered the SE off play last september. Got and email monday saying it was dispatched, still waiting. :mad: and its only coming from jersey. Mate ordered his off amazon sunday afternoon and got it yesterday.

shakes fist and walks off in anger.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

You got me tempted.So.....a us ps3 version will DEFINATELY work on my irish ps3, Like no differences at all between it and the pal version????If so, i'll order today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You know what? f**k sendit, I'm going to take a spin down to Smyths in Waterford and I'll pick it up there this evening. They claim to have the 360 version in stock. I'll sell my sendit copy on whenever the hell it arrives.

edit: glad i rang them, their website lies about it being in stock :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Oh good God please let there be a GTA IV at home waiting for me. I am sick of people going on about how great it is.

Zonda999 wrote: »
    You got me tempted.So.....a us ps3 version will DEFINATELY work on my irish ps3, Like no differences at all between it and the pal version????If so, i'll order today

I have gotten 5 games from them and they all work perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Yeah same story here. Pre ordered GTA4 in Feb with VG+. Sent monday Evening and arrived today. Have ordered controllers and games from VG+ and thery usually arrive within the two weeks. Games so far have come in under 5 days from dispatch date..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Nothing but love for the boys over at VG+. Just afetr Christmas (the 26th Dec. I think) I ordered NBA 07 and Drakes, for €40 incl. delivery, and it was delivered by the 31st!

Phone call from home says it is there. Hurrah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I ordered a dualshock3 controller off them on Monday and it arrived this morning. But I ordered brawl off them and it never arrived, had to wait 6 weeks for a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,540 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

ye crowd of poxy ****ers...

i ordered of vg+ on monday, email confirming its been shipped on tuesday, when i saw this thread at work today i was ****in over the moon .just home from work now and it hasnt arrived yet i am so jealous of the lot of ye.was looking forward to spending the long weekend playing it.hopefully tuesday.
    VG+ are an excellent company to deal there are the only one i use anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Real Slim Shady

Nothing but love for the boys over at VG+. Just afetr Christmas (the 26th Dec. I think) I ordered NBA 07 and Drakes, for €40 incl. delivery, and it was delivered by the 31st!

Did you have to pay anything extra after it was delivered i.e. taxes, custom charges. I ordered stuff from America before Christmas and i had to pay custom taxes or something like that. I'd order from VG+ if i knew there wouldn't be any taxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Mine was shipped Tuesday at 12.30am, still hasn't arrived. I firmly blame an post not vg+.

Just bought it there, 45e, just about the cheapest you're goin to get unless youre lucky enough to find a tesco with it in stock.Ordering just before a bank holiday weekend, when can i be expectin it???

Just one thing i noticed, in the confirmation email they sent me, there was was no mention of the "Co. Cork" i added in my shipping address.When i checked my order history on the actual vg+ site there was a "Co.Cork" in the shipping address.Is everythin ok there???

I would say next Tuesday/Wednesday

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I ordered my copy for the PS3 from VideoGamesPlus.ca late on Monday afternoon. Got an email on Tuesday to say that it had shipped. It arrived in the post this morning. Even ordering from CDWow or Play does not arrive that quick.

The total cost of this was €45.

Just hope it works now :o:D

McGintyMcGoo
    Same here, great service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 johnnywishbone

Going to get it on xbox 360 from VG+ would there be any compatibility issues with the disc or would it be Kool & the Gang?!

p.s. Havn't heard of VG+ before, cheers for the tip :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Going to get it on xbox 360 from VG+ would there be any compatibility issues with the disc or would it be Kool & the Gang?!

p.s. Havn't heard of VG+ before, cheers for the tip :)

The 360 version is region locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 johnnywishbone

Cheers for the reply! Can't open the link at work (Access Denied - Content) Will it work over here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

No not on a european 360.

Just bought it there, 45e, just about the cheapest you're goin to get unless youre lucky enough to find a tesco with it in stock.Ordering just before a bank holiday weekend, when can i be expectin it???

Just one thing i noticed, in the confirmation email they sent me, there was was no mention of the "Co. Cork" i added in my shipping address.When i checked my order history on the actual vg+ site there was a "Co.Cork" in the shipping address.Is everythin ok there???

It still has'nt been dispatched.Should i be worried??.One of the reasons i got it from VG+ was because of their swift delivery.Maybe it was'nt "In Stock" at all......Anybody whose dealt with VG+ before, is this normal??When i go to my account on the VG+ site, it still says "Panding" :(:(

It still has'nt been dispatched.Should i be worried??.One of the reasons i got it from VG+ was because of their swift delivery.Maybe it was'nt "In Stock" at all......Anybody whose dealt with VG+ before, is this normal??When i go to my account on the VG+ site, it still says "Panding" :(:(

I ordered from them saturday and i checked while ago and mine said ''pending'' as well. To be honest i'm getting slightly worried now too. There is a time difference of about five hours though so maybe it will be sent later today, fingers crossed anyway.

I ordered from them saturday and i checked while ago and mine said ''pending'' as well. To be honest i'm getting slightly worried now too. There is a time difference of about five hours though so maybe it will be sent later today, fingers crossed anyway.

I got an e mail a few minutes ago to say my order is being processed, so hopefully it will be shipped today.

No email for me yet but i just checked my "order history" on my profile on the VG+ site, its changed to "processing" from "pending".Well, its a start.Hopefully, it'll be delivered before next weekend

No email for me yet but i just checked my "order history" on my profile on the VG+ site, its changed to "processing" from "pending".Well, its a start.Hopefully, it'll be delivered before next weekend

I got another e mail around 9.30 tonight to say my order has been shipped. So hopefully it will arrive by the end of the week.

I've been playing San Andreas the last few days, i forgot how good that game was, really looking forward to GTA IV though.

San andreas was class in fairness.Only time'll tell if i'll have as much fun with 4.Before you play gta 4 have a look at this nice tribute to the ps2's(or possibly xbox-1's) best game IMO

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=guDYTNxzd8k

Mines been shipped too btw:D:D

Bring it on!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

GTA4 XBOX360 is not region free

Advertisement