Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA IV Freezing ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

It's frozen a couple time during multiplayer when switching between lobbies and stuff and I know Ciaran500 has been having some stalls too. I've never stalled in single player but then again my time is probably split about 70/30 MP/SP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Its froze on me 3 times.once in single player and twice in MP lobbies.

Iv played about 10 hrs. Its a pain in a hole when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Haven't had a stall yet (60GB PS3) but I haven't been able to try out the MP yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i have had it freeze up twice on a 60gig PS3 in single player , with the first freeze lasting around 3 seconds and the second freeze lasting around 15 seconds , the game returned to normal play after both and both where in the same game session.

i have had no problems with it on my 40gig PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭CO19

Anyone know why I can't access the key pad on Nikko's mobile,when I press up and up again it does nothing all it does is bring up the first half of the phone i can't bring up the second half,any ideas ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Mine froze today and wouldn't load back into normal gameplay from a cut scene. Lucky i had just saved it.

CO19 wrote: »
    Anyone know why I can't access the key pad on Nikko's mobile,when I press up and up again it does nothing all it does is bring up the first half of the phone i can't bring up the second half,any ideas ?

Press up again, using the standard control scheme. Works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Froze on me just there on multiplayer, hopefully it won't happen this time...

EDIT: Yeah, happened again after a little while

EDIT2: It stopped freezing which was cool. P.S. Mine's a 60GB one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Mate of mine is getting it big time on a 60GB PS3...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

My DVD drive has been fubared for a long time in my Xbox and the heavy load of GTA isn't doing it much favours and I'm frequently experiencing game freezes whenever the disc skips for a second.

I've rejigged my room slightly so now the Xbox is laying horizontally which seems to have fixed it for now!

I haven't had any problems with multiplayer though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

where is the option to install on a 360???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

There isn't one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

mines unplayable!
    it freeze's everytime i go to do something.............like walk :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭spooner_src

Hey, I am about 30% into the single player and on load of the mission ' Have a Hear' its stuck...it just says on a black screen....'Loading - Have a Heart'

What the hell is this crap!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭spooner_src

am thinking the save is corrupted...damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

chrismon wrote: »
    mines unplayable!
    it freeze's everytime i go to do something.............like walk :eek:

and this is the game that people are saying is the best game of all time??
    what a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ongarite

A quick-fix has been found for PS3 freezing on loading screen, intro.
    Sign out of PSN or disconnect network cable/ turn off wireless and the single-player section will run fine.

This makes the 360 Bully R* feckup look tiny. For the biggest game of this generation to be this buggy is unacceptable. Shame on R*

Edit:
    Guess here, this issue must be related to the R* social-club and they way it reports back stats and logging of music your listening too. It seems to be locking up PS3 version if you have internet/PSN active.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Mine crashed twice since ive had it. Once offline and last nite while online for the first time. Was busy killing Gilberto_Galway and the stupid thing froze :mad:

Ill get him yet tho :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Mine froze while watching tv today. Not pleased as I didn't save.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

Iv had this problem a couple of times. Have the 60gig model. But this morning wouldn't load after a freeze so deleted another save I had and then it loaded. But ain't happy with it going to get onto tech support about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

i cant beleive this , it wont move from the start new game screen, i was online last night and this morning it just wont work so i deleted everything and started again its a brandnew system so im not losing much ,it just wont budge ,im going to restore system to see if that works if it dosent im trowing it back at them ,majorly pissed.

Please read my above post for the PS3 freezing fix.

SIGN OUT OF PSN WHEN PLAYING SINGLE PLAYER GTA4 TO STOP GAME FREEZING

ongarite wrote: »
    Please read my above post for the PS3 freezing fix.

SIGN OUT OF PSN WHEN PLAYING SINGLE PLAYER GTA4 TO STOP GAME FREEZING
    already half way tru restore, it was doing my head in, it was restore or trow ps3 out the window, ill try your way if it does it again , aaaaaghhhhhh. why cant they relese a game that has no problems mupppet money grabbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

ok what the hell...loaded it up today, and was working grand, was doing a mission, as I aimed the game froze....the first time I believe it happened to me. Thought it would go back to normal so waited a while...went down stairs and it was still frozen.....'strange' I thought so proceeded to turn off the ps3 console. Next thing I turn on the ps3, and it sticks on the loading screen saying ''lure''...was this a mission? Or a place?

What can I do? How do I sign out of PSN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

do people think ther will be a fix for the ps3 and 360 versions coming out?

Go to "Friends" in XMB, then to your PSN "name". Press "triangle" and choose "Sign Out"

ok what the hell...loaded it up today, and was working grand, was doing a mission, as I aimed the game froze....the first time I believe it happened to me. Thought it would go back to normal so waited a while...went down stairs and it was still frozen.....'strange' I thought so proceeded to turn off the ps3 console. Next thing I turn on the ps3, and it sticks on the loading screen saying ''lure''...was this a mission? Or a place?

What can I do? How do I sign out of PSN?
    go out of game and then sign out. its crazy how there getting away with this its the online function its dodgey,im not going online again untill they sort this title out.ONGARITE nice one for the heads up its working perfect now, altough i was a bit late getting your post ,i have to renstall all my games idiot i know but there you go, also im back to trying to get my gt5 prolouge to up date again aaaaaghhhhhh i hate this shte

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pduffy50

What the hell...i'm havin the same problem. i was playin it last night for about 3hrs with no problems turned it on today and boom!!! froze trying to load my last save. I deleted my saved game thinking it could be courpt and it might help but not only is it still freezing, i have to start over. JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Thanks lads....when I went to my saved games I had two saved games with the name ''lure'' saved at the exact same time. I deleted one of these as well with signing out.

Could one of the saved files been corrupted?

• Advertisement

online play is fraught with issues it aint ready .bad bad bad

Advertisement