Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are you single?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

very rare that i post on these things, but i was just wondering the same thing (why are you single, that is) earlier today when i saw this on the front page.

i'm pretty sure that it has something to do with a combination of being ugly as sin while having a tiny penis. i'm also rather annoying.

on the other side of things, i've often wondered about serial manogomisers and what exactly they were lacking in themselves that they have to move seemlessly from one relationship to the next. i mean, no one can tell me that if they constantly jump from one relationship to the next that there were not periods where it would have been better to be single than still with the person about to get left for someone else. i mean, otherwise, why would you bother moving on at all??

in closing, me=ugly, people who have had numerous relationships without being single for more than a week=not comfortable enough in their own skin to see that you shouldn't be with someone out of need, but rather out of want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    very rare that i post on these things, but i was just wondering the same thing (why are you single, that is) earlier today when i saw this on the front page.

i'm pretty sure that it has something to do with a combination of being ugly as sin while having a tiny penis. i'm also rather annoying.

on the other side of things, i've often wondered about serial manogomisers and what exactly they were lacking in themselves that they have to move seemlessly from one relationship to the next. i mean, no one can tell me that if they constantly jump from one relationship to the next that there were not periods where it would have been better to be single than still with the person about to get left for someone else. i mean, otherwise, why would you bother moving on at all??

in closing, me=ugly, people who have had numerous relationships without being single for more than a week=not comfortable enough in their own skin to see that you shouldn't be with someone out of need, but rather out of want.

Yeah, don't like those folk but don't find it hard to understand. The only time I really hate being single is shortly after breaking up(like now) and it would be very tempting to hop into another relationship. It's nice having your own exclusive companion to talk to and do stuff with. The serial monogamists, I think, just never learned to do without that.

They depress the **** out of me though, no romance, nothing unique about any particular relationship, just another companion with which to fill the void!

Oh, single because recently broke up, take a while to get back into the right frame of mind to enjoy the single life but far from the worse break up to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

PeakOutput wrote: »
    just saw this thread now

im single coz when i see a girl i really like i freeze up and probably even ignore them.....when im around girls im not thinking about in that way im fine very confident etc and it usually ends up with me kissing them or whatever but seen as im not that into them it dosnt go anywhere.....its a vicious circle and its on my to do list to change asap

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

As well as just breaking up with someone (the obvious reason)... I'm not at all good at meeting new people. It takes me a little bit of time to loosen up... Makes things really hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Or who knows, you might fix it... :p:)
    Is that a proposition or did I read it wrongly...? Well I'm spoken for but I did have a peak at your profile. My fella's twice your age :eek:. Although I'm closer in age to you than I am to him (30 in a couple of weeks).

Sorry if I read it wrongly. And at 21 life's only beginning. Don't feel sad, this is a beginning for you, not an ending :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Dudess wrote: »
    Sorry if I read it wrongly. And at 21 life's only beginning. Don't feel sad, this is a beginning for you, not an ending :)

29 year olds giving motherly advice?

Wonders never cease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Is that a proposition or did I read it wrongly...? Well I'm spoken for but I did have a peak at your profile. My fella's twice your age :eek:. Although I'm closer in age to you than I am to him (30 in a couple of weeks).

I had the impression you were much, much older. Maybe its the wisdom;)

Funnily enough, I always assumed Dudess was one of those women of 25 who are matriarchal.

Kinda like Monica from Friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

the avatar makes her seem older imo ;)

and a tad more mannish :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

29 eh?

Dunno what I thought actually.

• Advertisement

So I come across as middle-aged or nearly middle-aged on a message board and people tell me I've a baby face in real life and only look about 23 or 24... Cool. I like that combo! :)

So I come across as middle-aged or nearly middle-aged on a message board and people tell me I've a baby face in real life and only look about 23 or 24... Cool. I like that combo! :)

Not actually that rare a combo.

There's always women in their 20s who have already morphed into mammy style personalities.

Not a bad thing.

I had a mental image of Mary (mammy) O Rourke.
    Sorry...:p

Not actually that rare a combo.

There's always women in their 20s who have already morphed into mammy style personalities.

Not a bad thing.
    Oh Christ I'm anything but a mammy in real life - Jesus, if I ever got like that I'd beg my friends to shoot me! I have a no-nagging policy - can't stand girls who feel the urge to constantly put their partners "in their place". I don't talk down to people who are younger than me either. I do advise people who are scared about growing up and getting older to stop worrying about crap like that or they'll regret it in years to come, but that's about it.
    I also have no interest in settling down for another few years. My life isn't that different to when I was in my early 20s. Boards personalities aren't anything to go by really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I was gonna solve this by checking for your picture in KYN but youre not even there.

Bad form, Dudess. Bad Form :(

Don't have a digital camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

I cant find anyone to keep up with my insatiable sexual appetite*:D:D:

*well really its too soon after my last breakup, but my first answer is waay better.

SheRa wrote: »
    I cant find anyone to keep up with my insatiable sexual appetite*:D:D:
    *well really its too soon after my last breakup, but my first answer is waay better.

How u doin???;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

Im doin good baby. Im doin good.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

caoibhin wrote: »
    How u doin???;)

Are you in heat or what the fuck? :pac:

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    Are you in heat or what the fuck? :pac:
    jesus, lay off it grandad :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Quiet you Mullah man!

I iz old skoool :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭yeah?

Im single... because No guy ever wants a relationship out of me.
    And a whole load of other stuff.. but thats the main reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭aoife000

yeah? wrote: »
    Im single... because No guy ever wants a relationship out of me.
    And a whole load of other stuff.. but thats the main reason.

snap... that's me too :D

I would go get one, but Im not bothered with em anymore, too pissed off with being treated like crap..
    But all in all, nice t know Im not the only girl out there, eh aoife? :P

Everyone post up pics so then they can hook up with one another.

kyn tbh

Ha! Its gonna turn into a dating service..real smooth!

Oh Christ I'm anything but a mammy in real life - Jesus, if I ever got like that I'd beg my friends to shoot me! I have a no-nagging policy - can't stand girls who feel the urge to constantly put their partners "in their place". I don't talk down to people who are younger than me either. I do advise people who are scared about growing up and getting older to stop worrying about crap like that or they'll regret it in years to come, but that's about it.
    I also have no interest in settling down for another few years. My life isn't that different to when I was in my early 20s. Boards personalities aren't anything to go by really.

I was slagging you daft woman:D

Women in their 20s who act 45 just piss me off.

Ones who are protective and give the kinda advice like "always remember to squeeze toothpaste from the bottom up" etc are grand.

NEWS FLASH:

2000th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Cos I prefer dogs :pac:

But seriously, single by choice, have gone off Irish women since they started to watch too much Sex And The City :p

Ha! Not all Irish women watch that.. I can honestly say Ive never watched one episode of that show.

kaimera wrote: »
    kyn tbh

Pah, that would involve everyone having to sift through the myriad of posts there.

Although I'm not looking for anyone at the moment, just throwing the idea out there as so many people on here seem to want a boy/girlfriend.

A boards.ie dating service would probably be worryingly popular. :p

Especially among all us newly-dumped seeking someone else. :pac:

I'd rather be with someone than not, but we'll just have to see I guess. Just wish I was better at meeting people. :rolleyes:

Right, we'll all start this dating service thing and see how it goes shall we? ha! It would be mildly amusing..

Meh, I'd personally be wary of meeting people over the internet as just when you think you've scored with some hot young thing, she turns out to be some giant German with a a hankerchief full of choloform.

Say no!

There wasa board.ie dating forum proposed or something but it got little support.

• Advertisement

Pah, that would involve everyone having to sift through the myriad of posts there.

Although I'm not looking for anyone at the moment, just throwing the idea out there as so many people on here seem to want a boy/girlfriend.
    "Search this thread option"

Meh, I'd personally be wary of meeting people over the internet as just when you think you've scored with some hot young thing, she turns out to be some giant German with a a hankerchief full of choloform..

I know what ya mean, Ive gotten my fair share of strange guys over the internet.. :p

Meh, I'd personally be wary of meeting people over the internet as just when you think you've scored with some hot young thing, she turns out to be some giant German with a a hankerchief full of choloform.

Say no!

There wasa board.ie dating forum proposed or something but it got little support.

It's not really that risky. Very few people are actually some evil sex-fiend trying to rape you. ;)

Plus you can usually talk to people on Skype etc first, which makes things somewhat safer. Just make sure you meet in a very wide open space.

It's not much riskier than meeting someone in a bar really, other than you can see them in a bar for definite, but you've no real idea who or what they are.

I know what ya mean, Ive gotten my fair share of strange guys over the internet.. :p
    Yep, same here only strange girls. One of them was stalker material.

^^ always meet in public places if you do meet them over the internet

• Advertisement

Karsini wrote: »
    Yep, same here only strange girls. One of them was stalker material.
    Not good buzz.. Yeah I had a stalker, very scary stuff! Actually, come to think of it, Ive had more than one.

^^ always meet in public places if you do meet them over the internet

For sure. ^^

Ah sure I met one lovely person from the Internet. It's not all doom and gloom. ;)

For sure. ^^

Ah sure I met one lovely person from the Internet. It's not all doom and gloom. ;)
    Ive met one or two, but they always know a few people I know as well.. so its not really that strange when we meet up. But I've never had a relationship form over the internet..

Ha!
    Internet relationships.

Napoleon Dynamite:
    Kip:Well, things are getting pretty serious right now. I mean, we chat online for, like, two hours every day so I guess you could say things are gettin' pretty serious.

I met all my friends from the internet.

I have no further comment to make.

Ha!
    Internet relationships.

Napoleon Dynamite:
    Kip:Well, things are getting pretty serious right now. I mean, we chat online for, like, two hours every day so I guess you could say things are gettin' pretty serious.

Oh how perfect! :p

Ive met one or two, but they always know a few people I know as well.. so its not really that strange when we meet up. But I've never had a relationship form over the internet..

Well it wasn't something we'd ever intended to happen. We just started talking a little, and from there it sort of blossomed.

It was a risk, yeah, but it did pay off at the time. Even though things didn't work out, maybe they will again some time in the future. Would I do the same thing knowing how they worked out last time? Probably, yeah.

At the end of the day, sometimes you do need to take risks in life, and that was a major one, for both of us. I don't think I'd ever have been able to meet someone over the internet if it wasn't for the fact that I realised they're in the same position as me - you're both taking a risk, just try somewhere public and go for it.

I get ya, knowing that your both new to it, and both taking the risk would help.
    I'd just feel a tad strange, not knowing if you could trust the person and everything they've said to you, maybe thats just me because I've been let down BIG TIME by some of the closest people to me. Thats just who I am though.

We spent a long time beforehand talking. A good few months, so we'd built up a lot of trust. Wouldn't have been possible otherwise.

Yeah, There are a few people who I talk to over the internet a good bit, but i'd still find it very hard to trust everything they say to me. I'd consider them friends of mine, but nothing more, and I doubt they ever could be more. Its kinda sad actually cause I know that they probably are genuinely nice people who Id never give a chance, its not them its just who I have always been ever since I got messed around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement