Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are you single?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭jptk

Im single cause im an absolute nutcase. Seriously, I surprise myself thinking about the way I acted in my last relationship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

yeah? wrote: »
    Yeah, There are a few people who I talk to over the internet a good bit, but i'd still find it very hard to trust everything they say to me. I'd consider them friends of mine, but nothing more, and I doubt they ever could be more. Its kinda sad actually cause I know that they probably are genuinely nice people who Id never give a chance, its not them its just who I have always been ever since I got messed around.

That's understandable. When time passes you might find yourself a little bit more confident, but sure, there's always plenty of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

You two would make a good match.

GO make internet babiez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 itchyend

Dudess wrote: »
    Don't have a digital camera.

Thank god

GO make internet babiez.

Haha, cheers for that. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭yeah?

GO make internet babiez.

Hahaha! What makes you say that?

That's understandable. When time passes you might find yourself a little bit more confident, but sure, there's always plenty of time.

True. Im probably like this lately just cause a lot has happened in the last 2 weeks.

True. Im probably like this lately just cause a lot has happened in the last 2 weeks.

We all have times like that. Coming up to 2 months ago for me... :rolleyes:

People suck sometimes. ^^

Your tellin' me, God finally someone who understands :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Time to get a room methinks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Time to get a room methinks :)
    +1.

Take it to PM folks:D

Ha! This is slightly funny, everyone's jumping to conclusions over us talking... :)

PM Devore asking for your own private forum with just the two of you having access.

HA! Fine then, no more off-topic chatting for me... why you all single then? :p

Ha! This is slightly funny, everyone's jumping to conclusions over us talking... :)
    Well, obviously if a guy and a girl talk to each other in a pleasant manner it means they want to start going out/having sex. Like duh... ;)

• Advertisement

I'm single for the reasons I already posted.

Probably mostly for similar reasons... Either just broke up, bad at meeting people... or those who just prefer to be free...

Well, obviously if a guy and a girl talk to each other in a pleasant manner it means they want to start going out/having sex. Like duh... ;)

How positively silly of me, excuse my ignorance will you? :p

Probably a rule of some odd sort. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

I'm single by choice...

...all the women i ask out choice:(

• Advertisement

Probably mostly for similar reasons... Either just broke up, bad at meeting people... or those who just prefer to be free...
    Or just simply unable to find a person you're into/who's into you. That doesn't necessarily mean one is bad at meeting people. In fact, if you think about it, the type of person I've described is actually quite rare. As I said already, I'm surprised there aren't far less people in relationships.

Probably a rule of some odd sort. :pac:

I better not talk to you again, we'll find ourselves making 'Internet Babies' :p

Or just simply unable to find a person you're into/who's into you. That doesn't necessarily mean one is bad at meeting people. In fact, if you think about it, the type of person I've described is actually quite rare. As I said already, I'm surprised there aren't far less people in relationships.

Well I know I'm biased, but I'd say a lot of people get scared after one or two rejections/bad experiences, and just settle down with someone who might not be perfect but seems ok.

I better not talk to you again, we'll find ourselves making 'Internet Babies' :p

Those are the worst kind of babies! :eek:

I 100% agree with you, Its impossible for me to find someone who's actually into me or nice to me..

Being burned actually did the opposite for me - it made me determined to only go for someone I was mad about. It certainly made me very cautious though.

Those are the worst kind of babies! :eek:

Thats why we have to keep our conversations protected.. :D

Being burned actually did the opposite for me - it made me determined to only go for someone I was mad about. It certainly made me very cautious though.

Well I'm currently being pretty defensive I suppose. At least in terms of anything of a long term nature. Suppose patience might help me with restoring some degree of a relationship with someone who was also a very close friend. :)
    Thats why we have to keep our conversations protected.. :D

Good idea. ;)

Good idea. ;)

I do have the best idea's...

I do have the best idea's...

Well that's handy for ya. ^^

• Advertisement

Well that's handy for ya. ^^

It really is.. Im hardly ever bored. :D

It really is.. Im hardly ever bored. :D

Well that does sound good. :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Snap, now I'm being told I'm too picky by other people, I've just decided I'm not settling just to settle..:D

Well that does sound good. :pac:

Its pretty fantastic in its own little way I suppose.
    DANCE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Losers are always single.

<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

anonymous joe and yeah, you better do the boards version of 'get a room' and start pm'ing each other :).

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Snap, now I'm being told I'm too picky by other people, I've just decided I'm not settling just to settle..:D

Nothing wrong with that at all. Best idea of all tbh.
    Its pretty fantastic in its own little way I suppose.
    DANCE!

Good to see you're proud of it. ;)

Not sure this is quite the place for dancing though. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Jayzus... in here's gettin' awfully flirty.. :eek:

GinnyJo wrote: »

+1. Here here!

Good to see you're proud of it. ;)

Not sure this is quite the place for dancing though. :p

Heehee I think we better finish our regular conversation over PM before everyone considers us a married couple! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

/pukes..

:p

Anyway.. what's with this 'if it's single, fix it!' mentality??? Huh?????

Tut!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Heehee I think we better finish our regular conversation over PM before everyone considers us a married couple! :p

This is why 'tinternets has a bad name

ntlbell wrote: »
    This is why 'tinternets has a bad name

Definitely. Far worse than all the bad stuff. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

GO make internet babiez.

Cyberbabies has more of a ring to it and with sinister undertones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Im going to have to generalise here, but isnt it funny how a lot of single people want relationships (defence mechanisms aside), and some attached people (although happy with their partner) misses being single?

C Bradshaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

personally speaking ive taken time out of relationships before after being hurt and i wouldn't want to be with someone who i wasn't in a valid mindframe to be with. The fact im in a relationship again now is irrelevant as its human nature i guess to be with someone.

The mind and heart works in mysterious ways though, and if im honest the time after I broke up and had 4-5 months on my own i was actually happy for the best part of it, chasing tail does get old at times though but all in all it was good to give my head a break.. and like i say, sometimes your just not in a good frame of mind to be with a partner (still wanting someone else or just lack of love for yourself) etc.. blah blah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

its funny cos at this hour of the morning and the way ive been starving myself for lack of food money that kenny avatar looks like a blurry walking vagina and Joe's avater is clearly a leper's penis.

All the signs point to the perfect couple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

and i havnt been the last 6 years (cos i jump from 1 bf to the next) been with my current partner the last 4 years

BUT if i was single this would be why

- my temper

- my love of beer and i the fact drink too much plus when i drink im loud and forward

- the fact i blame anything that goes wrong in my life on my partner

- the fact im bi and none of my bfs can handle it

- the fact i blame my BFs for everything my ex did wrong

- the fact im sex mad

- the fact that if my partner does ONE thing wrong in his life i throw it back at them any chance i get

Jesus how does my Fiance put up with me!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

and i havnt been the last 6 years (cos i jump from 1 bf to the next) been with my current partner the last 4 years

BUT if i was single this would be why

- my temper

- my love of beer and i the fact drink too much plus when i drink im loud and forward

- the fact i blame anything that goes wrong in my life on my partner

- the fact im bi and none of my bfs can handle it

- the fact i blame my BFs for everything my ex did wrong

- the fact im sex mad

- the fact that if my partner does ONE thing wrong in his life i throw it back at them any chance i get

Jesus how does my Fiance put up with me!!!!!!

You sound like a catch alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

caoibhin wrote: »
    You sound like a catch alright.

i know lol FFS reading it i sound like a nutter my fella must be on drugs!!!:eek:

Would all the ladies here do me a favor?

Stop calling him your bf!

No particular reason for it but it just irks me.
    Bf is the kind of thing girls in my class had in their Msn sign in names when they were 12.

• Advertisement
Advertisement