Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Bangers

• 02-05-2008 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭

I'm gonna have a BBQ this weekend (weather permitting!) and I want to get some really good saussies.
    I usually buy Nuremburgers & Bratwursts from Aldi/Lidl and a few Superquinn ones. Any other good ones around out there?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Supervalu Extra Succulent sausages are really good too.

I put my sausages in a bowl, cover them with boiling water and leave for 5-10 minutes before barbecuing them. It keeps them really moist on the inside and they don't shrivel up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Rudds are verygood for a BBQ have them for mine 2moro :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I put my sausages in a bowl, cover them with boiling water and leave for 5-10 minutes before barbecuing them. It keeps them really moist on the inside and they don't shrivel up.[/QUOTE
    Must try that. I have steamed chicken joints pre BBQ. this keeps them moist and ensures they are fully cooked.

Tesco finest sausages are alright, nice and sticky skins, Hicks are good and in some supermarkets now. Rashers do well on a BBQ too, dunno why you do not see them done much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

rubadub wrote: »
    Rashers do well on a BBQ too, dunno why you do not see them done much.

They are savage on the BBQ - I might grab some thick hickory ones :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement