Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with X-Box and HDTV

• 02-05-2008 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I just bought a nice 47in LCD full HD TV and when I hooked up my X-Box encountered some problems.
    First with the lead (6 wires)that came with the X-Box plugged in to all the coloured ports on the TV and the switch on HD rather than TV, the picture was perfect but there was no sound. Then I tried it with the switch on TV (the x-box restarts) and the picture was normal to bad but I had sound. I switched it back onto HD and it reverted back to a perfect picture and no sound again. I then discovered that the sound and no picture was coming through on another AV channel.

Has anyone had these problems and does anyone have any suggestions?
    Do I simply need to go out and buy another type of lead?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

You probaly simply connected your L and R audio connections to the wrong AV input, check again that they're all connected to the same one, I wouldn't say it's anything to do with the HD switch on the component connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

You don't need to plug in all of the leads, you should have the red, blue and green plugged in, and then there should be a red and white pair near those, use these for sound rather than the red and whit near the yellow connector. The yellow does not need to be plugged in for HD

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

Yeah, there is another 3 or 4 reds and a couple of whites. I will have another go at it. I just wanted to make sure that it didn't require another lead and I was pxxxing in the wind. Cheers for the advice.

Advertisement