Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Practical Exam

Options
  • 02-05-2008 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Just wondering if it's true that some schools are startin the construction practical next friday (9th)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

As far as I know, there's two weeks and the school can choose any day that suits them best. Ours are on next Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 The Hitman

Oh right. Best of luck with that. Let us know how it goes :) Its not that bad. I'm repeating and did nothing hardly for the practical last year and still managed a B2 overall! Apparently they dont mark the practical exam hard at all!

Thanks. I'll let ya know how it goes.

Just thinking there... does everyone do the same piece? Because if they do, I could tell you what joints and all come up?:rolleyes:

Surely not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 The Hitman

Ya its the same for eveyone which is stupid but i'm not complaining! If you look around you should be able to find it off someone cos I think my old school are doing it on wednesday coming.If I find out what comes up i'll post it here wednesday evening but im not 100% sure if it is this wednesday they are doing it.
    Apparently the pieces are thinner than other years so myself and my friends reckon dovetails are unlikely but I wouldnt rule them out completely.
    Last year there were so many in my year doing construction we had to do the practical over 3 days and i was on the 3rd day luckily enough so i knew what I needed to do!!

Just had mine there this evening.
    It went alright. I was really caught for time, ended up really rushing at the end.
    But I got it finished and everything fitted so I'm happy enough.
    Cut myself twice on the same finger with chisels:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

do you have the plans for what you had to make or can you just tell me the joints you made in it....i had a mock practical today and my teacher said to ask people on the internet whats comming up on the real test so he will go through it with us on monday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cumonunited

Diarmsquid wrote: »
    Just had mine there this evening.
    It went alright. I was really caught for time, ended up really rushing at the end.
    But I got it finished and everything fitted so I'm happy enough.
    Cut myself twice on the same finger with chisels:(

diarmsquid, i have my practical dis monday, wat sort of tings came up or even any advice 4 me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

i have mine on friday so anyone who has it during the week a bit of info on it will b usefull:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭phase-3

have mine tomorrow morning..could anyone tell me some info about it ASAP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

anyone done an engineering one?

• Advertisement
Advertisement