Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Look Classic Pedals

Options
  • 02-05-2008 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

I got these pedals over the weekend, they were the last pair in the shop and were the display pair. They didn't come in a box, I was just given the pedals as they were.

How do you attach them to the bike?

Do you just screw them on with your hand. Surely they should be tightened some other way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

On the top of axle that you screw into the crank arm there is an alan key hole. You tighten them on with those. Be sure to put a little grease on the threads, will make it much easier to get them off at a later date. Don't over tighten either.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

And remember, the threads on the left crank are left hand threaded, i.e. you turn counter clockwise to tighten.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

el tonto wrote: »
    And remember, the threads on the left crank are left hand threaded, i.e. you turn counter clockwise to tighten.

A very important piece of advice right there, many pedals have been ruined with people not knowing the right thread direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Thanks for the advice,I got everything sorted.

This is obviously my 1st pair.

I just did some practicing up against a wall and nearly went on my snot.

It's going to be interesting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I can't overemphasise the need for grease, I've had pedals fix permanently without it while with it they just twist off. White lithium grease, very cheap stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I got the grease earlier and put it on.

Advertisement