Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA4 on pc?

• 02-05-2008 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Just something I noticed lately, all the "stories" have only been coming out on consoles.
    Are there any plans to bring out GTA 4 on the pc, even if we have to wait the arbituary year it wills till be worth it to use the mouse and keyboard.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

There have been a couple of threads on this already. No solid plans from Rockstar but as yet as mentioned a few times before, the other titles have taken 8-9 months or so to be released on the PC so we'll have to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Six months to wait I believe. Read here somewhere that the PC version is out in October......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

cool, still need a new graphics card, more ram and a better processor.

I wouldn't hold my breath.....

See post #82 here....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055284474&page=6

Just buy a cheap 360 or better still a PS3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Just read this somewhere in a blog (an Xbox360 owner wrote this):
    "i just bought this game, its awesome, in the manual on the last page, it says the pc version is expected release in December 13th of 2008"

Maybe someone out there with the Xbox version of the game could confirm this?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Just get a console version. Spend millions upgrading your specs and it still doesn't even control properly.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

jayteecork wrote: »
    Just get a console version. Spend millions upgrading your specs and it still doesn't even control properly.

Trust me mouse+keyboard combo was perfect in the previous GTA titles,and it is hard to justify a few hundred euros only for one game...

gibbon75 wrote: »
    .... it is hard to justify a few hundred euros only for one game...

Not if you're in the same boat as this poster....

"cool, still need a new graphics card, more ram and a better processor"

...plus a six month minimum wait. Either way it's not going to be cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Rumors are it's coming out before the end of the year. I only have a pc and have no intention of buying either a PS3 or Xbox.

Usually the delay is to take advantage of all the additional power of the PC and I suppose the control system will need to be changed over to keyboard and mouse. But considering all the delays in getting the game out and hoping that they've been working on it slowly all along we might not have too long to wait.

I wonder will there be any new content?

From what I seen the driving is more analog based which might not suit the on-off steering of keyboard driving. On foot the mouse is king but it's not the best way of driving.

I'm hoping my existing setup is ok, I can run COD4 at full whack without any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Dont know how valid the "extra power of the PC" term is anymore but for the controls alone its worth it. Mouse is king for aiming and works really well on GTA SA, and much better on the pc version of VC than the console controls.
    cant justify buying a console but upgrading the pc for "work" purposes would be ok;)

Advertisement