Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom

Options
  • 02-05-2008 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I live in East Clare and Eircom have told us that no way we we be getting Braodband anytime soon. They dont even have plans to start looking at it until 2009!!

I think in this day and age it is a joke...what happens to people who are trying to run a business from home??!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Any local wireless companies in your area? How East are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Tamarellaz wrote: »
    I live in East Clare and Eircom have told us that no way we we be getting Braodband anytime soon. They dont even have plans to start looking at it until 2009!!

I think in this day and age it is a joke...what happens to people who are trying to run a business from home??!!!
    yep, its a joke, i got BB to allow me to work from home, but with only 64kbit/second upload thats impossible( even though i get 3Mbit download ), Eircon said its 100% fine cos its adaptive and theres no minimum guarantee of service

We're going to move house to get proper broadband, this country is a complete joke

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Check out other options. Some times people first realise that they have other options 2-3 years after there is coverage from other providers, because they only focus on eircom.

/Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Marlow wrote: »
    Check out other options. Some times people first realise that they have other options 2-3 years after there is coverage from other providers, because they only focus on eircom.

/Martin

In otherwords, Airwire might be available to You.

Marlow isn't allowed plug his company here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    In otherwords, Airwire might be available to You.

Marlow isn't allowed plug his company here

The one that plugged Airwire is you. I'm just making people aware that there are other options.

Also, would you please check your statements, before you blast away ? Airwire does not cover East Clare currently, but there are other providers, that do.

The reason, why Airwire is in my sig is that I've been asked before, to state clearly, who I "belong" to.

/Martin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

What's the pop where you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The reason, why Airwire is in my sig is that I've been asked before, to state clearly, who I "belong" to.

/Martin

A few weeks ago there was a crowd with torches and pitchforks. I know I got singed. Marlow is posting to be helpful, not promote his company.

The one that plugged Airwire is you. I'm just making people aware that there are other options.

Also, would you please check your statements, before you blast away ? Airwire doesn't cover East Clare currently, but there are other providers, that do.

Sorry, I thought by the way you were posting that you had first hand knowlege of a wireless provider in the area. And yes, I was plugging airwire, would have been a good option if it was available to the OP, I have no problem promoting some of the better wireless providers in the country, well those who have an interest in their customers and provide a good service. Sorry, I didn't realise Airwire does not cover East Clare.

Most people don't see beyond Eircom or the resellers, when a good wireless provider can offer you an even better service, with no caps, low pings and/or symmetrical bandwidth. I've often heard the statement "wireless, well thats not real broadband now is it?".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

:rolleyes: He didn't, I did

• Advertisement
Advertisement