Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bra- To reveal or not to reveal

Options
  • 02-05-2008 6:06pm
    Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭

Ladies here's my problem. . .

I have a fabulous black top. sits nice on the waist, 3/4 length sleeves, nice light material, good quality, very low cut v. Now its one of those tops that's suitable for a really good night out, not for the grocery shopping.

However, I have one little problem. I am very big on top. i'm in double letter cup size bra's ok. So to get a black bra that is low enough across the boob is quiet difficult because they are sooo big.

I recently went out and spent a helluvva lot of euro's (I'm talkin big money) on a Lejaby bra. It's fabulous and fits them perfectly but its just not low enough for this particular top.

When I tried the top on with the new bra there was a small piece of each cup showing. now I mean small, only a few cm's of material. But I still felt a bit ott showing this off so kept yanking the top up.

So tell me ladies. . . is it acceptable to reveal that small bit of bra while sittin in a bar sipping a martini?? I'm just worried it would come across as a bit ''slutty'' or something rediculous!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Post pics of all viable options and add a poll ftw. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah it doesn't look great having your bra on display...BUT thi can be solved with lingerie tape! I think you can get it in La Senza, it's basically like double sided sticky tape which will keep your top atatched to your bra and not have it slipping down, hope that works!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

have a similar problem with some tops and I found the best solution to get some small safety pins to hold the top in place over the bra so that no bra is showing. not sure if you can do something similar with your top though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

It depends whether if the springs are sprug in your puppies or not, to put it bluntly.

If they are still where they should be, then bit of tiddy tape and you are flying. If not, v fancy bra that wouldnt feck up the look of a top.

Is there a pic of the top on the net you could post that looks even a bit similar to the one you mean?

I tried to find an example on the internet but couldnt quite nail it. Depending on the top of course, a fancy middle bit might work.

Thoughts ? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sunshiny_day

You can buy bras with u-shaped front for low-cut tops. Something similar to this:
    http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/fashion-forms-u-plunge-bra-5

Not sure if it's the same brand as in the link, but you can buy similar in Aeisha Lingerie in Athlone. Goes up to an F cup i think.

• Advertisement

Never knew about those U bras.
    I think a nice bra is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Depending on the top as long as the bra is black i wouldnt be too worried.....get those double sided sticky things as well and pop them on the top to keep it in place:) i dont think too many people would be saying ...jaysus look at her...showing off 2 cm of her bra ....the sl*g...!!!!!wear it with your nice expenisve bra and have a good night..sure after a few drinks you wont be bothered either:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Put them bad boys out there for the world to see ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Personally, if the bra is the same colour as the top and, as you say not too much is showing, i don't see an issue. Its ther person that makes the cloths, as long as your not flashing yourself about and carrying yourself with some class, i wouldn't comment if i saw you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I think it's alright, so long as it's a cute bra. I don't think it has to be the same colour necessarily, just hopefully not some flesh coloured monstrosity. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

ellscurr wrote: »
    I think it's alright, so long as it's a cute bra. I don't think it has to be the same colour necessarily, just hopefully not some flesh coloured monstrosity. :D

+1. There's just something about flesh coloured underwear that is just not acceptable for 'display' - it serves a purpose under clothing only imho.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Not sure if it's the same brand as in the link, but you can buy similar in Aeisha Lingerie in Athlone. Goes up to an F cup i think.

That there is my problem, I'm actually bigger than an F cup.

thanx a mill ladies. I think I will try the tape. La senza I think someone mentioned?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yup La Senza and Marks and Spencer's too I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

hey,

my friend is a rather large breasted lady, and I would much rather that i saw a small bit of her bra sticky out rather than wearing the bras she does that are very unsupporting and that i can practically see her nipples in when she wears low cut tops!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

I have a similar problem, wearing a spaghetti strap black dress to my boyfriend's 21st this friday night and hate wearing strapless bras, wouldnt be so bothered if i could get a black bra that was supportive and didnt show too much above the top and sides of the dress. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

get the tit tape its great stuff i got mine in clares accessories! my chest is too small so leading to a similar but opposite problem where sometimes ive not enough to totally fill a top so I need to stick the sides and make sure it wont fall down.
    bra on whos is a no for me as it can ruin the look of a top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

ChewChew wrote: »
    That there is my problem, I'm actually bigger than an F cup.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I like how Peggy Lee has done it here. No idea if it was intentional or not. Its a good pic.

http://www.peggylee.com/pics/peg169.jpg

Advertisement