Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cliffs of Moher Question

• 02-05-2008 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

Heading over to Ennis and the Burren this weekend, just trying to figure out what the charges are. Can you just pay 4 euro for parking and do you have to pay extra if you desire to go to the visitor centre?

Yeah, I hear the talk of 'honey pot' tourism, which unfortunately happens with a lot of natural wonders, but this is something I have always wanted to see! Same happens back home at things like 12 Apostles etc. thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I honestly don't know, but this being Ireland, and the fact there was so much spent on the center, I would not be any way amazed if you were charged to get in there as well. As for the cliffs, alas, I've shamefully never been. It's a bit emabarrasing as its only about 40 minutes from Ennis, but what can ya do? Anyways, enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

You have to pay to park the car, I think its more than €4, maybe twice that. You can walk the cliffs for free, but you have to pay if you want to enter the visitor center and actually it's worth it because it's very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The whole parking situation at that place is a total scam. I don't care what the center cost (really, we're there to see the cliffs not some silly modern bunker) charging that much for parking when it's green fields for miles around is taking the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

Blitz Molloy, do you suggest to park in the green fields? Very environmental thought, and the farmers won't be too pleased either ;).

Anyway, bit late for the OP, but maybe for the rest of interested folks:
    parking is 8 Euro, which is a complete rip-off. Admission fee to the disappointing visitor centre is 4 Euro. Forget it! The café is a disgrace and overpriced, don't know about the restaurant but wouldn't dare to risk the money, considering the whole sloppy affair.

The cliffs are tamed, walled in, the whole area grey and uninviting. Buy a postcard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I'm just saying if I was a farmer I'd turn my field into a carpark and charge 3euro. Anything over 5 is really taking things to ridiculous extremes. You wouldn't pay 8 an hour in Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement