Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy housemates ..... unable to clean?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ciakee

Okay so I was away last night and most of yesterday visiting a friend and when I got back this evening I actually nearly freakin cried, I swear.

I was attempting an all out strike in regards the cleaning carry on, I'd literally only cleaned after myself for a coupla days and was just about resisting the urge to clean ANYTHING else, bin was stinking, crumbs all over the shop....nearly killed me but I managed. I had been from time to time opening the window in one of the lads rooms to air it so the stench would be relieved a bit and not contaminate the rest of the house....I stopped doing that. Sooooo I was holding out in the hope that my little "chat" with em the other day might motivate one of em to do some bit of cleaning in my absence yesterday when they noticed the state of the place..........got in this evening and:

1) The place stinks
    2) Take away stuff from last night teetering on top of the bin/beside it
    3) One of em did about two weeks worth of washin and so there's clothes everywhere, meaning if I wanna wash anything i'll have to make the effrt to move it somewhere coz he's f**d off for a few days

And the most upsetting of all: someone had spilled something sticky all over the floor in the living room and just left it there....queue ants crawling all over the place, wandered in in my socks to watch tv and walked straight into it.............

The have angered me too much this time, honestly no more missus nice gal, they're getting a major bollocking when they're back on Tues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Bollicking won't make any difference.

2 Things motivate guys to clean:

1) OCD
    2) A chick coming over.

Mor ethan likely they were overly mothered as children and therefore haven't the foggiest on how to clean and tidy. They also sound selfish as they put it "You're the one who wants the house clean".

From experience there is no way of getting them to change their habits since it goes as far back as their original nurturing.

My recommendation, save your energy about to be used in whinging and arguing, and instead start tidying your room and saving for a place for yourself.

People don't change. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

.... I just got sick of watching some bastard scraping scrambled eggs out of my new non-stick pan with a fork, s.....

This drives me insane!!!..OP,if they dont wash their dishes,just put them in their room along with all their other stuff they leave round.even if they taken em out and dont clean them,put them back in...hopefully they'll get the message..or els just move out..i couldnt handle that at all..

Advertisement