Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition! Win Batman #172 CGC8.0!!

Options
  • 02-05-2008 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey Comic-Collector!

We are proud to announce our first competition. The lucky winner will be chosen in a draw among the owners of the first 2'000 comics that will be shown in the swapey museum. That means if you show 100 of your comics chances are already 1/20 that you will win the prize! You are probably asking yourself now what the prize is....

The prize is:
    Batman #172 (CGC 8.0!)
    Attack of the Invisible Knights, June 1965

Just go to www.swapey.com/Comics and try your luck. The winner will be announced as soon as the 2000th comic is uploaded.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hi Aircomics,

I've edited the post to be more of an announcement of the competition and less of an advert for your site.

While I appreciate that Swapey is a new site and you want to get people interested in the service you provide, abuse of the forum as a means for free advertising is frowned upon. A certain amount of self-promotion is generally allowed for regular contributors, but at present your only posts have been about Swapey, and even then they've been posted verbatim on other forums as well.

The original thread announcing the launch of your site and its service has been merged with the comic resources thread, as per the charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AirComics

Hello Fish,

OK, I understand your arguments. I want to apologize if I acted against the board rules, I wasn't aware.

swapey is completely free and I and some friends put a lot of our freetime and even our money into this project. It was developed by enthusiastic collectors for other collectors. Due to our really tight budget we have to promote the site in this way. I hope you understand. I will try not to do advertising anymore but perhaps post a link from time to time if an exciting comic has been posted on swapey.

Cheers,
    Roger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AirComics

Hi there,

There are many new comics shown in the swapey showcase (www.swapey.com/Comics)!

We also started a competition, as mentioned above.
    <snip>
    We have added two new features:
    - Mail-Icon at the top after you logged-in so that you immedeately see if a member has sent you a comment :-)
    - You can now sort items according to latest comments (just select "newly commented" in the drop-down list underneath "sort by" at the left hand side). This way you easily find hot topics that are currently dicussed. :-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Aircomics,

I've merged your latest thread with your previous one, and edited to avoid too much repetition.

However; you don't seem to be contributing in any meaningful way here other than to promote swapey; with three separate threads started so far on the topic, you can take it as a given that the readers of this forum are aware of your site now.

Unless you're interested in joining in the discussions that go on here, I don't want to see any new threads about swapey or any new posts about minor additional features, because you're already pushing very close to the line between sharing a useful resource and shilling/advertising.

Advertisement