Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV.co.uk screw anyone else over

• 02-05-2008 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭

:( So I ordered GTA IV back in March on HMV to get 1000 xbox live pts free (for COD4), supposedly the title was "completely shipped" last thursday, and here we bloody are, no game and no hope of a game until AT LEAST tuesday, if that! Completely took the wind out of my sales, I probably won't even be playing this game a week after its release and HMV's hands are tied (apparently) unless the game still hasn't arrived 14 days after shipping. What a load of poo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

That sucks completely. TBH, if it's a big game release like GTA (or indeed Halo 3 was) and you wantit on release, you should perorder locally. Online is good for cost saving for games already available but not for big release launches (as with Wii).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

How much did you pay on the website? I pre-ordered in HMV, but that was a last resort as they told me they'd be selling it for 75 euro (possibly 80), and this isn't even the collectors addition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

£40, so around 50euro, its an absolute piss-take as yous can imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I'm afraid the only trustworthy online games retailer is Gamesnash as they seem to have got the game to everyone on release day that preordered. I'm going to stick with gamesnash in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

lads i'm going to piss you off here but i never pre-ordered the game, and whilst on my tour of cork i dropped into a random harvey normans (after being refused sale in every xtra-vision, hmv & game in the county) only to be told they only have special editions to sell. so needless to say i now have the big steele case et al without needing a pre-order, and i bought it a few days after release too :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i really really cant understand people preordering games online, as said above preorder locally instead that way youll have it in your hand on launch day

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Helix wrote: »
    i really really cant understand people preordering games online, as said above preorder locally instead that way youll have it in your hand on launch day

Or order off us online and have it in your letterbox on launch day ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

I just strolled to smyths on the day and picked it up, they had loads *smug*:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

meh i just walked into virgin on tuesday and bought it off the shelves no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

yup defo recomended! top service!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

If I order MGS from you you will guarantee that it will be in my letterbox on launch day? I am in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    If I order MGS from you you will guarantee that it will be in my letterbox on launch day? I am in Waterford.

same as , im in sligo?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Hi guys,

We guarantee to dispatch 24 hours before release day and we will be dispatching from Ireland.

95% of standard post which is covered by our free standard delivery will be delivered next day.

To 100% guarantee delivery on release day we would recommmend choosing express post at check out which does cost extra.

The choice is up to each customer - a lot of boardsies here ordered off us for GTA4 and received the game on Tuesday of release day. Some of these ordered express, some registered some standard. You are fairly safe to assume next day delivery with free standard postage if you live in a majot town / city which has a good mail service but obviously we cant 100% guarantee it unless express post is chosen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I got my gta standard post, next day in Maynooth :D

Advertisement