Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Cup Final: Zenit v Rangers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Seaneh wrote: »
    If rahgers win it will be just as much of a crime against football as Liverpool winning the champions league 4 years ago or porto the year before, Anti-football should never be allowed to triumph.

:eek: Rangers are much, much more boring/anti-football than Liverpool ever were.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Well all respect for ITV commentators has just gone out the window. Scottish managers with success in europe and no mention of Shankly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Melion wrote: »
    Well all respect for ITV commentators has just gone out the window. Scottish managers with success in europe and no mention of Shankly.
    He was talking about with Scottish Teams though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Yes, yes I can.

Liverpool got to the final that year by playing anti-football and rangers have done the same thing this year.

It's a crime that fiorentina aren't in the final.

Rangers may as well have just played 10 centre backs and a keeper in the last match.

Willstev wrote: »
    He was talking about with Scottish Teams though.

I thought he just said scottish managers with european successes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Willstev wrote: »
    Controversial!

But I can see where your coming from, Pool played very negatively until the final first time round what 3 years ago, different team now tho.

Still are quite dull to watch imo though not as bad as Rangers.

It would be a crying shame if Rangers poxed their way through this game. Zenit are a joy to watch, they are the only team trying to play. I do hope we see them in the CL next year.

And yeah, I'm not saying Liverpool are the same now or last season, just the year they won it, OMFG they were terrible to watch.

Yes, yes I can.

Liverpool got to the final that year by playing anti-football and rangers have done the same thing this year.

Rangers may as well have just played 10 centre backs and a keeper in the last match.

If it is succesful who cares? Do you think the 100k+ Rangers fans in Manchester tonight will care about "Anti-Football" if they win?

• Advertisement

It would be a crying shame if Rangers poxed their way through this game. Zenit are a joy to watch, they are the only team trying to play. I do hope we see them in the CL next year.

Zenith are a far superior team, everyone knows that. If Rangers come out to try and play against them they will be torn apart and humiliated, same as the game against Fiorentina.

If the team I supported won throphies by playing football that makes bolton look like a passing team I'd be ****ing disgusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Anti - football lol. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Rangers look very, very organised and hardworking. Zenith will get plenty of possession but it will be difficult to break them down.

Once you win you don't give a **** as a fan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

wonder what the odds are for it to be 0-0 after 120mins (god i hope Zenith have good penalty takers).

If the team I supported won throphies by playing football that makes bolton look like a passing team I'd be ****ing disgusted.

And you think Milan play attractive football?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

If it goes to extra time Zenith should have a big benefit as IIRC they play summer football so are only at the start of there season.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    If it goes to extra time Zenith should have a big benefit as IIRC they play summer football so are only at the start of there season.

seriously? so they have beenin pre-season / unfitwhile getting to the final and impressing most of Europe?

Btw, does anyone know if DeMarcus Beasley is still at Rangers and getting his game? Is he suspended for the final?

Yes, yes I can.

And you think Milan play attractive football?

You think they don't?

They play posession based passing football with 3 playmakers and two strikers in their starting 11.

Watch Milan Vs. United from last year.

Watch the derby last week

Watch the two games against arsenal where both teams played excellent football for 180 minutes.

If you think milan are boring you're a ****ing idiot.

seriously? so they have beenin pre-season / unfitwhile getting to the final and impressing most of Europe?

Yeah.

Season started last week in March.

Surely that is personal abuse????

• Advertisement

You think they don't?

They play posession based passing football with 3 playmakers and two strikers in their starting 11.

Watch Milan Vs. United from last year.

Watch the derby last week

Watch the two games against arsenal where both teams played excellent football for 180 minutes.

I watched the 2 Arsenal games and i watched Arsenal play them off the pitch over 180 minutes.

If you think that Rangers fans - or any set of fans for that matter - give a **** about how their team wins trophies then you ain't the sharpest tool in the box. Give it a rest. Your point has been made.

Surely that is personal abuse????

It's aggressive expression of implied personal opinion if you ask me.

Zenith are a far superior team, everyone knows that. If Rangers come out to try and play against them they will be torn apart and humiliated, same as the game against Fiorentina.

Rangers come out and play. :) I'd be shocked. Rangers best players are in their defence. Cuellar is excellent.

Lads Lads, lets not have an argument, enjoy the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Have Rangers had a shot on target yet?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    If you think that Rangers fans - or any set of fans for that matter - give a **** about how their team wins trophies then you ain't the sharpest tool in the box. Give it a rest. Your point has been made.

Well I'm a fan of football, I'd rather watch Milan lose 4-3 and play open attacking football then win on penalties and be forced to watch the muck rangers call football.

Should have been a penalty.

I dont think so they are bloody awful.

lets stop the fussing and the feudin on this thread, we all know Rangers play boring as hell football but that football is going to be edge of their seat, jump up and down like crazy proclaiming your team played brilliantly football if it works for every Rangers fan watching tonight if they win.

:eek:0-0 at half time...never woulda guessed

• Advertisement

No, they did have a nice attempt at dislocation one of the lads in the walls shoulder.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

That was a close call...I have seen penos given for that.

lets stop the fussing and the feudin on this thread, we all know Rangers play boring as hell football but that football is going to be edge of their seat, jump up and down like crazy proclaiming your team played brilliantly football if it works for every Rangers fan watching tonight if they win.

:eek:0-0 at half time...never woulda guessed
    Hear Hear Bounty Hunter.

8 hours and no goals conceeded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Ah missed the first half while I was helping me dad out. Got some bulmers here and am sitting down to the second half, should be exciting!

Yup my dad just got the beer in , some heineken now for the second half :D.

Rangers come out and play. :) I'd be shocked. Rangers best players are in their defence. Cuellar is excellent.

As i said.

Why would they attack Zenith and just get ripped apart and lose this final when they could win it by playing like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The history books won't say Rangers won the UEFA Cup in 2008 by playing ****e football, it will just say Rangers won the UEFA Cup in 2008.

Should have been a penalty though, can't believe neither the ref or assistant gave it.

lol wtf

commentator summed it up right, more action from Rangers right there than in the previous 50+mins surprised something didnt come out of that

• Advertisement

Messy from Zenith at the back. Could be as good a chance as Rangers get over the 90. It must be said that they have established more of a foothold in the first 10 min of the second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Getting more exciting now.

Rangers doing much better in an attacking sense this half but like some have suggested that might just leave them susceptable to the attacks/counter attacks of the argueably much better Zenith.

Great game now. Rangers are starting to push on a bit now

Yup certainly picked in the second half. Good clearance off the line by Rangers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm convinced Zenit deserve to win this either.... that one that was headed off the line was a poor attempt and it's the closest they've come...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Football 1 Rangers 0

Goal goal goal goal goooooaaaaaallllllllllllllll

1-0, great goal.

Now Rangers have to come out and attack. They'll either win it or be taken apart

Oh YESSSSS Come on Zenith and Denisov

Quality goal!

• Advertisement
Advertisement