Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Cup Final: Zenit v Rangers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Goal goal goal goal goooooaaaaaallllllllllllllll
    Ya what the heck was that about on the PA system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I'm convinced Zenit deserve to win this either.... that one that was headed off the line was a poor attempt and it's the closest they've come...

Spoke too soon!! :D:D:D

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Bugger... ...I really wanted Rangers to win this. I don't think they're good enough though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Willstev wrote: »
    Ya what the heck was that about on the PA system.

Game is apparently being played in Manchester, darkest Russia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Zenit got what their play deserves. Good goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

They just showed a shot of Platini on the screen. Doesn't look impressed.

PDN wrote: »
    They just showed a shot of Platini on the screen. Doesn't look impressed.
    Rarely does that fella, always looks bleeding miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Great goal by Denisov, Arshavin's pass was just pure class...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

Kevster wrote: »
    Bugger... ...I really wanted Rangers to win this. I don't think they're good enough though.

why? they dont play nice football and they arent known for their love of Irish people.

Plus if Zenith win,we will get to see some more shots of their fans,many of whom are unbelievably hot birds.

That would have been robbery.

• Advertisement

dc69 wrote: »
    Plus if Zenith win,we will get to see some more shots of their fans,many of whom are unbelievably hot birds.

this

Too easy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

2-0, walked through them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Well played Zenit

Delighted GO ON ZENITH.

Conclusive. Great goal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ah feck it, there is always champoins league next season, please god

Now someone get on the phone to Rafa and tell him to check out Arshavin's availability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Proof you can't beat the bank.

Some rather tasty Zenith supporters in the corwd.

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I R Teh Happeh!

Lol some one is a little happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,346 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

2 excellent footballing goals, Zenit deserved that. Rangers deserved nothing :):)

Well done Zenit. Very deserved win.

DonJose wrote: »
    Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes...

Who the hell are you?

• Advertisement

PauloMN wrote: »
    Dangerous words. Whatever happens, Rangers won't be murdered.

My money's on a Rangers win. They've come this far, this is practically a home fixture for them. I can't see any other result.

"Men against boys"... reminds me of when Souness said that once. :)

Hate to say I told ya so. Zenit are a really good team. Every year the UEFA CUp has 1 or 2 teams who should be not only in the Champions League but pushing into the last 16, last year itt was Sevilla, this year Zenit are one of those teams. Theyll be tough for anyone in the CL next season. Rangers arent one of those teams. Credit to them, they battled hard but they were most definitely second best all throughout the game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Melion wrote: »
    Who the hell are you?

well judging from that last post either a Zenith fan, a celtic fan or... a fan of good football

I was just thinking.With all the russian bilionaires around and the fact their league must be pretty strong if Zenit are winning the EC.Does anyone reckon we could see a russian domination in a few years?

similar to te premiership teams currently.

Hopefully the gas will run out before that.

I think the mere idea of playing in Russia and living there will mean they never get enough top-rank players, many of whom are black.

Mike.

I was just thinking.With all the russian bilionaires around and the fact their league must be pretty strong if Zenit are winning the EC.Does anyone reckon we could see a russian domination in a few years?

No solely from the perspective of given a choice of a place to live...where would u rather live England, Spain, France, Germany, Italy or Russia...I know which is bottom of my list.

This isnt a new thing,Dinamo Moscow signed up half the Porto CL team only to find them all leave again due to their being unhappy at the lifestyle (remember how public Maniche was about it)...I believe Athletico Madrid signed most of them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

mike65 wrote: »

I think the mere idea of playing in Russia and living there will mean they never get enough top-rank players, many of whom are black.

I would tend to agree,no amount of Oil money can change the weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Foo Fighters when the trophy was lifted, nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

No cos its not strong, Zenith are 6th they can only really sign south americans as no top european will go there as better leagues elsewhere.

Its the equivelant of the scottish league, even Kievs best team wasnt very good in the end (altho they ukraine and not bankrolled). Cska and zenith are bankrolled and sign top south americans.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Rangers fans have smashed one of the big screens outside the stadium, riot police have been deployed. Pure Scum

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Rangers fans have smashed one of the big screens outside the stadium, riot police have been deployed. Pure Scum

I think that happened at Half Time when the screen broke.

KdjaCL wrote: »
    No cos its not strong, Zenith are 6th they can only really sign south americans as no top european will go there as better leagues elsewhere.

kdjac

If Zenith are 6th in their league and they just won the EC,it would indeed signal that the russian teams are strong.

I take onboard all the points about weather etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Well done Zenit. played decent football for 90 minutes and got what they deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

... a fan of good football

Harsh but fair.

I really, really wanted to see Zenit win, mainly because I hate negative football and my goodness Rangers were negative. TWO defensive midfielders?Grrrrrrr!

Well done Zenit, great play for the goals.

That happened earlier it would'nt work so they broke it.

Mike.

If Zenith are 6th in their league and they just won the EC,it would indeed signal that the russian teams are strong.

The reason Zenith are 6th is cos they are in the UEFA final (they have played 2 games less of the new season and have pretty much concentrated everything on tonight).

Mike.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    I think that happened at Half Time when the screen broke.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1049714_chaos_after_screen_fails

oh dear. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Interesting to see what the Rangers sympathisers on this forum make of the riots...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PSI wrote: »

I really, really wanted to see Zenit win, mainly because I hate negative football and my goodness Rangers were negative. TWO defensive midfielders?Grrrrrrr!

I do love that old chestnut, altho i love free flowing Tora Tora Tora style football , i would gladly cheer (and have done) a dour backs to the ball anti football win/draw over a better team any day. examples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aScCpbhjpBw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nCUrFYXlgA

And i would bet every single fan in the world would too in a game that would win you a trophy. Its horrible but when it matters and you win something do you ever hear fans of the winning team say " we were ****e and should ahve lost"?

youtube links FTW :D

kdjac

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

That happened earlier it would'nt work so they broke it.

Mike.

Good way to resolve the situation. :rolleyes:

Congratulations Zenit, a deserved win. First goal was a long time coming, it seemed they were struggling to cope with Ranger's defensive style, as everyone has in Europe against them. Very slick in midfield - passing the ball about nicely but didn't seem to know what to do in the last third. Good goals in the end though when they eventually saw the gaps.

I've never been as happy to lose money! :D

Good to see the Greener contributors to the thread getting on thier high horses.

Mike.

Good to see the Greener contributors to the thread getting on thier high horses.

Mike.

Happy to oblige. ;)

Did Pats progress from that tie? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I know - fvcking ridiculous behaviour

Whataboutery at it's finest

Advertisement