Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Cup Final: Zenit v Rangers

12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Its just rangers bashing at this stage and not naieve rangers bashing but vindictive possibly bigoted and maybe just maybe sectarian.... but hey they just a football club with some people who are alleged to be fans.

KdjaCL FFS cop on will you. Your a mod for crying out loud.

PS. I see you ignored my post:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cionád wrote: »
    But fans who had been waiting in Piccadilly Gardens all day were unimpressed.

One said: "This is absolutely ridiculous - there's Rangers fans throwing bottles and cans at each other because the game's not on."

rofl!
    there is a better quote from another fan: "Some people are really angry. They've spent a lot of money - maybe £4,000 to £5,000 - to come down here for this.".

And I thought train fares in Ireland were bad....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Congratulations to dvocaat and Zenit. The best team won on the night and deserved every bit of it.

I had a feeling that someone would be making everything he could about the trouble last night...its what he does best after all.
    I dont quite understand how he can describe Rangers as a "racsit club" while defending a club like ZSP though....bizzare.

Ive got more important things to worry about right now though TBH, my mate s sitting in A&E after we got attacked on the way home last night.....for being "Orange bastards"

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Eirebear wrote: »
    Congratulations to dvocaat and Zenit. The best team won on the night and deserved every bit of it.

I had a feeling that someone would be making everything he could about the trouble last night...its what he does best after all.
    I dont quite understand how he can describe Rangers as a "racsit club" while defending a club like ZSP though....bizzare.

Ive got more important things to worry about right now though TBH, my mate s sitting in A&E after we got attacked on the way home last night.....for being "Orange bastards"

Congrats to Zenith, they deserved. Been honest, any club's supporters that promote violence to other fans and been called as a Celitc and Irish supporter "Feinan Bastards" or your case "Orange Bastards" are racist simple as. But you have mentioned it twice, it comes with the terrority been an old firm supporter. Both clubs are trying to get rid of these racist elements but a minority lets people down. There were running battles with police by more than what is mentioned on these forums as the TV pictures have shown.

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    Congrats to Zenith, they deserved. Been honest, any club's supporters that promote violence to other fans and called the "Feinan Bastards" or your case "Orange Bastards" are racist simple as. But you have mentioned it twice, it comes with the terrority been an old firm supporter. Both clubs are trying to get rid of these racist elements but a minority lets people down. There were running battles with police by more than what is mentioned on these forums as the TV pictures have shown.

Mate, im not trying to make excuses for what happened down there.
    The sad thing is that after seeing the scenes outside Ibrox for the beamback (not fighting, but the dregs of glasgow came out in force last night) I had a feeling it could happen down south.
    The name of Rangers, and the majority of our fans has been muddied yet again by these scumbags.
    What i am trying to say is that this isnt just a Rangers problem, its a problem with Glaswegian society as a whole.
    I sickened and pretty shaken after what happened to me last night, and if i ever see the litle scumbag who spat on my wife i'm not sure ill be able to contain myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

and if i ever see the litle scumbag who spat on my wife i'm not sure ill be able to contain myself.

I know your not making excuses, it's society as a whole. That is uncalled for big time...

A big thank u to those lovely Rangers fans who ruined half of Manchester last night, as a result there will now be no big screens in Manchester for the Man United fans to watch the CL Final.......Rangers once again proving that once again they are a joke of a "club"...I hope they get kicked outta Europe for a few years because of this....disgraceful....and ftr I hate Celtic as well before anyone thinks I have any alterior motive to say that.

I was on red Cafe this morning and reading what people who live in manchester said about it and the place is absolutely wrecked, was utter carnage there last night.

Im no fan of the idiots who support celtic cause their "Irish"!
    But rangers fans have nearly always caused trouble where ever they go.

Celtic lost a UEFA cup final yet there was no arrests and they got a UEFA Fair play award for being such peacefull, lively fans.

Rangers lost a UEFA cup final and went on a rampage.

Black and white IMO

jank wrote: »
    Im no fan of the idiots who support celtic cause their "Irish"!
    But rangers fans have nearly always caused trouble where ever they go.

Celtic lost a UEFA cup final yet there was no arrests and they got a UEFA Fair play award for being such peacefull, lively fans.

Rangers lost a UEFA cup final and went on a rampage.

Black and white IMO

You might want to check up on your facts mate.

Rangers have travelled to Greece, Spain, France, Portugal, Germany(twice) and Italy this season and there has been no trouble.

The trouble started at the fanzone when the game had only just kicked off....so it had nothing to do with defeat.

Still black and white?

Rangers have travelled to Greece, Spain, France, Portugal, Germany(twice) and Italy this season and there has been no trouble.

The trouble started at the fanzone when the game had only just kicked off....so it had nothing to do with defeat.

Still black and white?

Let me highlight a word for you.:D
    But rangers fans have nearly always caused trouble where ever they go

Oh and a fan was stabbed after the match...but its ok it all kicked off before hand so he would have been stabbed anyway if rangers had won ;)

• Advertisement

Still black and white?

Zenit fan stabbed outside directly after the match, rumours of a Zenit fan stabbed in the ground.....nothing to do with the big screen in fairness.

jank wrote: »
    Let me highlight a word for you.:D

Oh and a fan was stabbed after the match...but its ok it all kicked off before hand so he would have been stabbed anyway if rangers had won ;)

But its not nearly always.....

Look im not gonna get into this anymore, ive said my piece and i will leave it at that.

I have a lump the size of a ****ing egg on my head, my friend has a broken pelvis and i have the hangover from hell.

Really not the best of condition to talk about this stuff.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

can i have a link to the fan stabbed outside the ground after the game please? only thing i heard was in the ground before the game.

cheers

Mr Alan wrote: »
    can i have a link to the fan stabbed outside the ground after the game please? only thing i heard was in the ground before the game.

cheers

the news have just reported it as before the match, outside the ground.
    TBH i dont know what to believe anymore.

There was only 1 stabbing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

The Defense of Scumbag behaviour on this thread is quite shocking to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Blackjack wrote: »
    The Defense of Scumbag behaviour on this thread is quite shocking to be honest.

Agreed. I remember not long ago rangers fans bottled the oppostitions team bus as well, so its not an isolated incident. And now due to their riots United fans wont be able to watch their team on big screens in their city. Just look at the pictures on the BBC website of the carnage left in Manchester

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Can we try to keep this thread about the game,we have a thread going about the trouble last night lest not wreck this one.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Can we try to keep this thread about the game,we have a thread going about the trouble last night lest not wreck this one.

Bit late mate, TBH im gutted about last nights events. Even on the Rangers forums the game isnt getting spoke about.

What should have been a great day for thousands of people has been ruined by these animals.

• Advertisement

Bit late mate, TBH im gutted about last nights events. Even on the Rangers forums the game isnt getting spoke about.

I know I am only on now,but there is no point in having two threads going on the trouble.

I know I am only on now,but there is no point in having two threads going on the trouble.

Sorry i wasnt having a go there, but i reckon its inevitable....may as well lock this one if you ask me.

Sorry i wasnt having a go there, but i reckon its inevitable....may as well lock this one if you ask me.

I feel if we lock it the trouble makers will have won again,if people want to chat about the match they can if they don't the thread will die and be gone soon enough.

I feel if we lock it the trouble makers will have won again,if people want to chat about the match they cant if they don't the thread will die and be gone soon enough.

Fair point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Eirebear on the match why wasn't Boyd brought on earlier? The lad justs scores goals for fun.

Badabing wrote: »
    Eirebear on the match why wasn't Boyd brought on earlier? The lad justs scores goals for fun.

Why wasnt Novo brought on earlier for that same reason?

Why the **** did he bring McCulloch on?

Sometimes i think Walters going senile!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Why the **** did he bring McCulloch on?

Sometimes i think Walters going senile!

Yeah McCulloch is a work horse and gets goals, it was like Smith had no plan b or c after they scored, and i have to mention it but honestly what do you think of Broadfoot?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Novo was brought on just 5 mins after Zenit's first goal. Smith was playing for another clean sheet, just hoping Darcheville would get on the end of a scrap. He only brought Novo on when he needed a goal, he wouldn't have brought him on earlier in that game because he's (Smith) ultra defensive. I think he was mad with his tactics in that game. Does he not bug the hell out of you Eirebear with his formation?

PauloMN wrote: »
    Novo was brought on just 5 mins after Zenit's first goal. Smith was playing for another clean sheet, just hoping Darcheville would get on the end of a scrap. He only brought Novo on when he needed a goal, he wouldn't have brought him on earlier in that game because he's (Smith) ultra defensive. I think he was mad with his tactics in that game. Does he not bug the hell out of you Eirebear with his formation?

He does and he doesnt Paul.
    At the start of the season all i wanted from Rangers was to still be in the title race at this stage.
    He has brought us the CIS cup, A Uefa cup final, A Scottish Cup Final and we are still in the race for the league.
    I would call it a success....

However he showed an inability to change things last night and that worries me a little

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Well i just have to say this team deserved to win Uefa cup coz they had great performance this year,also its still confusing to me coz they are quite anonymous players but still played great this year.I would like to see this performance in CL next season although as Advokat said they will probably sell all the main players so its going to be hard but we will see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Can't really understand why Advocaat would say that, it's not like the club's owners are short of cash!
    They paid fairly big money for some of those guys, but I suppose 1 or 2 of them might think it's a good time to get a move to a bigger league, while their profile is so high.
    I'd expect them to replace any leavers with people of at least similar quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Well just reading his interview where he talking about Skrtel selling and how Arshavin will be probably sold and maybe few more players and how they need money to keep them and get new players and how he is scared he wont keep this team

Advertisement