Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lara boutique

• 02-05-2008 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Anyone know if this shop in Dublin is any good? And what sort of prices would I be looking at? Looking for a really nice dress for my 21st. Have tried all the high street shops but haven't found anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Hey,

I went in there to look for a 21st dress. Found it quite expensive, some lovely pieces but at the same time some tacky pieces, big jewelly sparkly bits... i'm not into that.

Depends on how much you wanna spend on your dress. I was not prepared to pay €200 + for a dress for my 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

Thanks. Would spend a good bit on it as long as it was something I could wear again to weddings/black tie things. Yeah I dont like tacky things either, jewelly bits dont do it for me. I just hate going into boutique shops, they can feel quite intimidating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭AlexBM

I was in the one just off Suffolk St (well, not quite, but it's near it - I can't remember the name of the street) and yeah, some of the stuff is a bit tacky but there's also some lovely bits and pieces too. I haven't been to the shop in Terenure but it looks a lot smaller from the outside. I hate going into those sort of places too, as I'm often a bit scruffy looking, but this was sound, the girl there was lovely. I also found that with Chica, which is also worth a look. I think you're looking at 150+ for the prices, but that's a very rough estimate. Happy birthday!:)

I've heard good things about Rococo too, but I've never personally been in there.

Thanks. Wheres Rococo?? Sorry if thats a stupid question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I think it's in Westbury Mall, i can't remember the name of the place.

Yeah try Chica, Costume (opposite Powerscourt Townhouse centre ) and then try PTC

Good luck, i went through hell getting my dress for my 21st. got it the afternoon before!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Did you try debenhams, they have lovely dresses.

ash xxx wrote: »
    Thanks. Wheres Rococo?? Sorry if thats a stupid question.

No no, not stupid at all, my fault, sorry, I should have said. Although it's already been answered for you - the Westbury Mall! I think there are one or two other boutique style shops in there that are very nice. Possibly very pricey, though. Still, you're only 21 once. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

try bt2 or www.asos.com absolutely loads of dresses on that!

did you look at the website yeah, its good isnt it!

I'm always on asos, its a great website, i could do damage on the credit card on there. I just dont see anything that catches my eye, I'm lookin for a maxi dress, and there really seems to be a lack of them around.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's a funny time of year for maxi dresses. There seemed to be a lot more around last year. Miss Selfridge have a nice one in the Littlewoods Ireland catalogue, but I think it'd be way too casual for what you're looking for. You could also have a look in Monsoon, but of course that does increase the chance somebody else might be wearing the same dress...

If you really want to splash out, may I suggest www.net-a-porter.com. Lovely stuff. I could never, ever afford it, but you might be in a better financial situation than my good self at the moment. Or, Urban Outfitters have nice stuff the odd time. Actually, most of the time, but again it might not be exactly what you're looking for.

Been on net-a-porter too but all the nice dresses seem top be about 2 grand upwards, I'm not that financially stable, wish I was. My nana is buying the dress for me so up to €800, which is more than enough I would think.

Been on net-a-porter too but all the nice dresses seem top be about 2 grand upwards, I'm not that financially stable, wish I was. My nana is buying the dress for me so up to €800, which is more than enough I would think.

Good call. 800 is a lot for a dress though. I'd imagine you'll easily find something you love for cheaper. Or a pair of delightful shoes to match your dress! Have a good snoop around, and ask in the shops already mentioned by everyone for recommendations if they have any. You never know what they might throw up.

You could always go down the route of getting a dress made for you, too - if you saw something you liked on net-a-porter, as an example, you could find someone to make you something similar. At least then you know it'd be completely unique.

Yeah thats true. But my birthdays the 31st of this month so might be a bit short notice. I'll probably go in and look in all the mentioned ones and see what they have. I'll be mightely pis*ed off if I dont find something.

Yeah thats true. But my birthdays the 31st of this month so might be a bit short notice. I'll probably go in and look in all the mentioned ones and see what they have. I'll be mightely pis*ed off if I dont find something.

Yeah, I get you. It should be enough time to actually go shopping and buy something though, you've a few weeks. Good luck with your search (and make sure you tell us what you got!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Try Lipsy and Gorgeous Couture online.

Thanks, will do! I'm gonna go now, I'm sure I should have better things to do on a Friday night, but no, its bed for me now. Will Pm you with a pic of the dress when I eventually get it, thanks.

man your nana rocks lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Laras got sooo much tacky stuff, but some really nice stuff too, bought a black dress for a ball(black tie) last year for about 300 i think, try Fran and Jane too

PrettyInPunk you changed boy to girls lol, love that song haha
    (sorry for off topic post!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

my friend got a beautiful maxi dress in monsoon for her 21st and its gorgeous it was about 230euro or so???and it was beautiful print, empire line gorgeous!!!

ae.com has some nice dresses atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

http://noangelshop.co.uk

Have a look at this link - have a great range of dresses in various prices.

Lara's dresses seem to have gotten a little tacky over the last while..very Nancy D'olio :D Chica usually have a few nice ones but very small range

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Does anyone know if Lipsy dresses are big or small for the size?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

We were in Lara Boutique last week and got some great deals in their sale. I got a pair of rock and republic jeans and my girlfriend got a really nice dress for 150 reduced from 750, new stock looks nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 mam1

Just wondering does your nana need another grandaughter..I'm available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Net-a-Porter have launched a new discount website www.theoutnet.com
    I had a quick look at it, go to clothing-dresses and change search prices to low to high there's some great stuff here, even for the average person it's very affordable- god help my credit card when I get paid!! :D

Lara's address is Dame Lane so just off Suffolk St- I've only been in it once, last year and bought a dress they had on sale half price for €100. I've worn it about 4 times in the last year, it's gorgeous. It's supposed to be a copy of this Gucci dress worn by Jennifer Garner....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eOvi3fbI-Ao/R11DyEGyx2I/AAAAAAAABFU/hR-yUwHOuy8/s1600-h/cameron+diaz+gucci+dress.JPG

Except mine's all black with yellow flower motiff things on it, it's a one size fits all as well, like a tent dress but I got a belt to pull it in and it's officially fab, always get compliments on it.

Chica as mentioned previously is always good for a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lexip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Zombie Thread must Die!

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement