Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a bunch of basic small capacity MP3 players - any suggestions?

• 02-05-2008 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hiya

I need to get a load (ie 20+) very basic, low capacity, easy to use MP3 players. I'm thinking probably 256mb or less.

I've seen ones and twos of them on ebay for buttons, but I need a load of them. The only criteria are that they've got to be easy enough to use for old folks to be able to push Play (not necessarily fiddle around between tracks, as there might only be one long file recorded on them), and they need to be cheap as I'm gonna be giving them away and I only have a limited amount of cash available for this.

Anyone with any suggestions of online shops please let me know. I've looked in all the obvious places but they all seem to sell 1gb plus, which is way more than is needed.

Maybe someone knows of a bulk retailer that shifts old stock?

Thanks a million for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭romperstomper

creative nano/muvo range. 128,256,512,1gb. as low as $2 on ebay. find a retailer with a few and u r laughing. i don't care how broke u are, $40 for 20 mp3 players is peanuts

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭The Soup Thief

Thanks Romperstomper
    I had a look on ebay - disappointingly I couldn't see anything particularly attractive - few vendors were selling in bulk, meaning I'd have loads of different machines to load stuff on to and loads of different transactions to handle / postage fees to pay
    Someone put me on to these though, Aigo A215 Digital MP3 / WMA Player
    At 1gb they're a good bit more capacious than I need, but they're only £7 (8 euro 50?) a piece and brand new, so i reckon that's the winner
    Thanks for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,361 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Sorry they only seem to have 1 in stock!

This crowd have 512 MB Aigo for £2.99 delivery to ireland is £15 for up 15 kg

so 20 would cost around £75 100 euro

http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/product.php?lang=&product=gradea294

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭The Soup Thief

Nice one methanol!
    I've emailed them today to check they can supply as many as we need
    Thanks for your help
    They're so cheap they're nearly free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

SVP have a wednesday wipeout offering the same player for £1.99,

http://svp.co.uk/product/aigo_a208_digital_mp3_wma_player_44293

The promotional 'Wipe-Out' discount price starts at 12.00 noon on Wednesday (product may show as 'out of stock' in the run-up) and lasts until either the product sells out or the sale period concludes 24 hours later.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

might be worth having a look at dealextreme.com too.

Advertisement