Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electronic Dance....recommend any good stuff

• 02-05-2008 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can recommend any new good artists/albums like Unkle , Chemical Brothers, Underworld or Leftfield.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I can only recommend some trance names, since i'm mostly into Trance. Here's some of the artists/producers/remixers I like:

John O Callaghan
    Aly and Fila
    C Quence
    Airbase
    Armin Van Buuren
    Marcus Shulz
    Marco V
    Alex Kidd
    Tiesto (Some of it is good)
    Ferry Corsten/Gouryella
    Paul Van Dyk

There's loads more but I can't think right now.

Oh sorry you said new, misread, disregard my post so... except Aly and Fila, they're pretty new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I'd highly recommend the following albums:

Boys Noize - Oi Oi Oi
    MSTRKRFT - The Looks
    Simian Mobile Disco - Attack Decay Sustain Release
    Digitalism - Idealism
    Vitalic - OK Cowboy
    Justice - †

Also check out Ed Banger Records volumes 1 - 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

the black dog - "radio scarecrow"

audio clips: http://www.radioscarecrow.com/audio.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Everything Jello recommended along with:

Teenage Bad Girl
    Vitalic
    Goose
    Groove Armada
    Kavinsky
    2 Many DJ's
    DJ Shadow
    Soulwax

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

An interesting band I stumbled across recently are Holy F*ck (nice name!) -

http://www.myspace.com/holy****

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Holy+****

Really good stuff and a bit different too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 smuid

I'd be big fan of most of the listed acts from Jello and Tripper and would add www.myspace.com/Hystereo and www.myspace.com/TheJapanesePopstars (both irish). Booka Shade, Etienne de Crecy, any Thin White Duke/Jacques le Cont remixes also.

Good thread btw, exactly what I was looking for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

I quite like Robot Needs Oil. I think hes a Polish guy, has a couple of decent tracks, Volta and Defected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Gui Boratto!!! - Im like a broken record about him at this stage but I just think his stuff his amazing.

Mr Decay

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Gui Boratto!!! - Im like a broken record about him at this stage but I just think his stuff his amazing.

Mr Decay
    +1 loving Gui Boratto right now, check 1st mix in my sig, I used 4 of his tunes in the one set!

Other Fave's are Deadmau5 and Eric Prydz/Pryda/Cirez D
    Check out the Beatport awards thread and sample the stuff from the winners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

MikeHoncho wrote: »

Mr Decay

+1
    boratto is one of the reasons i'm doing electronic music now. feckin beautiful music.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hope he starts churning out some more tunes soon! Can't argue with Quality but he's a little short on the quantity... Deadmau5 has released an astonishing amount of music recently....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Zascar wrote: »
    Hope he starts churning out some more tunes soon! Can't argue with Quality but he's a little short on the quantity... Deadmau5 has released an astonishing amount of music recently....
    i still cant see how deadmaus is so big.him and surkin are two producers that alot of people really like and i cant understand why.i definitely think theres better producers out there in there genres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Zascar wrote: »

he does A LOT of gigs. was reading somewhere he was saying that last year he was gigging 126 days of the year. Take into account the travel etc. and it doesn't leave too much.

Deadmau5 is still pretty much riding the wave of his newfound popularity.

I can understand how he became so big. He just did really simple melodic catchy trance/prog/techno just as it's becoming big in the US.

And Faxing Berlin, while played to death is still an awesome lesson in simplistic well crafted music.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Entec wrote: »
    the black dog - "radio scarecrow"

audio clips: http://www.radioscarecrow.com/audio.php

+1... amazing album. Definitely one of my favourites of late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 smuid

I've never heard an act sound more like the chemical bros than Gui Boratto. Beautiful life is a case in point.

Advertisement