Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Penultimate Prem Match Weekend Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sherifu wrote: »
    Nani got what he deserved, you can't have that carry on. Lucky for him it wasn't in a tight game.

I dont think anyone is saying he didnt get what he deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Harpy wrote: »
    if you look at the replay neil bends down and it actually looks like he's going to pinch his penis :eek: and that's when nani jumps up
    Wouldnt have made his saturday night any better if Neill made contact :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Cause he's one goal away from being the joint record holder in the Premiership,he's grown up enough not to get booked after that second one,and an injury can happen anywhere....so he coulda took the chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I dont think anyone is saying he didnt get what he deserved.
    Hmmmm, some are blaming Neil but there is no excuse for lashing out.
    RasTa wrote: »
    Neil is a disgrace tbh but that's the modern game. If he stays on his feet it's a yellow each I'm sure. Anyway should be an interesting 2nd half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

There is no excuse for what Nani did, but Neil was far from innocent at the same time.

Ends 4-1, not bad for ten men :)

I presume Grant will be on a rant about the result now as it was obvious to all the hammers didnt try :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Well at the end easy won game,only Wigan left now.Nani totally unnecessary red card.....

Reading 0 - 1 Tottenham H. 16' R.Keane
    Blackburn R. 0 - 1 Derby County 19' K. Miller

HT Aston Villa 0 - 0 Wigan Athletic

HT Blackburn R. 1 - 1 Derby County

HT Fulham 0 - 0 Birmingham C.

HT Middlesbrough 1 - 0 Portsmouth

HT Reading 0 - 1 Tottenham H.

It seems strikers arent in the mood today....
    No goals in the most important match for relegation,Santa Cruz again scored,Middlesbrough on good way to secure premiership status

• Advertisement

Wigan have just taken the lead against Villa as have fulham against Brum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Reading are in trouble I feel, bad news for Ireland

Wigan 2-0 up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

G'wan Wigan!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Mike do you want Wigan to win so that they're safe before playing United, so they'll put in a weak performance against us and we'll win the league? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Not at all, sure he plays for City :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Great win for Utd, Nani should be fined 2 weeks wages for that sh!te.. delighted to see ferguson take a hard line with him. Fergie said he thought the decision was right which means Nani's gonna be in his black book.

Anyway, typical Ronaldo this season, scored a goal with his manhood which takes the piss :rolleyes: :D

Plenty of time to prepare for Wigan and it may even be done and dusted by then as i don't think Chelsea are gonna walk over Newcastle the way they think they are...

I have a sneaky feeling Owen is going to score on Monday and Chelsea get stuck in the mud with a 1-1 :pac:

Fulham get a 2nd, fair play ! Some comeback after the 2 nil loss at home to the pool a few weeks ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Mike do you want Wigan to win so that they're safe before playing United, so they'll put in a weak performance against us and we'll win the league? :D

You are reading farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr too much into my admiration for Valencia who Liverpool are going to make a move for it seems. :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

and Birmingham might finally realise it was Walter Smith who done all the hard work in nearly getting Scotland to euro2008 while McLeish got all the praise when he lost most of his important games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

If Bolton beat Sunderland and they are safe, have to say didnt see that coming! Would prefer Fulham and Reading to stay up tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Fair play to Fulham, had them written off about 5 games ago, now it looks like they could stay up! :eek:

FT Aston Villa 0 - 2 Wigan Athletic

FT Blackburn R. 3 - 1 Derby County

FT Fulham 2 - 0 Birmingham C.

FT Middlesbrough 2 - 0 Portsmouth

FT Reading 0 - 1 Tottenham H.

Wigan safe,good job today,also Middlesbrough,Fulham again have chance,great victory for them,Reading now in big problems

If Bolton beat Sunderland and they are safe, have to say didnt see that coming! Would prefer Fulham and Reading to stay up tbh.

Lets hope Sunderland go there and win, so that Bolton have something to play for against Chelsea :D

Sizzler wrote: »
    Lets hope Sunderland go there and win, so that Bolton have something to play for against Chelsea :D
    My thoughts exactly! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Have a look at the replay after the incident on this clip

cheers. didn't notice the whole arm movement the first time... bizarre. you often see defenders trying little tricks like that though to provoke players, nothing new, Nani showed his immaturity there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

Hey guys
    Would anyone know how to watch the Sunderland game online? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Don't worry I'm sure Sunderland will snap up all that irish talent. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Hey guys
    Would anyone know how to watch the Sunderland game online? Thanks.
    go to www.rojadirecta.com (you need to have sopcase downloaded)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Two of Brum, Bolton and Reading to go down would be nice.

Love visiting Craven Cottage, and am delighted Wigan stayed up as it's another great day out.

• Advertisement

God I hope Long Ball Wanderers go down. Awful to watch. I bet they only bought that Steinsson fella in January cause he has a long throw.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    God I hope Long Ball Wanderers go down. Awful to watch. I bet they only bought that Steinsson fella in January cause he has a long throw.
    So you are cheering for Keano today Xavi? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

I hope Fulham stay up, fairplay, went to see them V Newcastle at Xmas ( i happened to be in London on the weekend) and Craven Cottage is a blast from the past.

So you are cheering for Keano today Xavi? :)

Nah, a draw will do. Once Kenwyne Jones score for my fantasy team. 1-1 please. Sure Bolton are guaranteed to lose next week anyway :D

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Nah, a draw will do. Once Kenwyne Jones score for my fantasy team. 1-1 please. Sure Bolton are guaranteed to lose next week anyway :D
    Well you'll have to cheer on Kea.....Jones on now, Bolton 1-0 up Diouf.

Yeah if there's anyone I have as much hatred for as I have for Keane it's that guy.

Yeah he is a cert in everyones most hated players team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Just in from Craven Cottage. Twas an electric atmosphere and some great weather - the football on show was ok too. Brum however really were toothless. Zarate looked like he was gonna spark a revivial of sorts but faded too. Fingers crossed for them versus Portsmouth.

SofaK wrote: »
    Just in from Craven Cottage. Twas an electric atmosphere and some great weather - the football on show was ok too. Brum however really were toothless. Zarate looked like he was gonna spark a revivial of sorts but faded too. Fingers crossed for them versus Portsmouth.
    You would have to fancy them against Pompy who seem to be just focusing on the cup final in the last few weeks.

• Advertisement

Here come the eL lads for Sundireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Gah, ffs Sunderland, so sad that Bolton are going to stay up.

Fulham or Reading now, Reading playing Derby, Fulham playing Portsmouth who will field a bunch of kids.

Reading will beat Derby, no doubt about it.

Another team looks likely to stay up due to players fielding weakened teams against them on the last day of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What score in that match?

1-0 Bolton

Jones just missed a sitter from four yards after O'Donovan's knock down. Bastard.

Fulham make it 2. Reading need Portsmouth to do them a favour now :/ I'd hate to see a good footballing side that attacks like Reading go down.

Darryl Murphy just got his name on the score sheet. Pity it was at the wrong feckin end. Bolton safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

PHB wrote: »
    Fulham make it 2. Reading need Portsmouth to do them a favour now :/ I'd hate to see a good footballing side that attacks like Reading go down.

Unless of course they go on a scoring spree and turn that awful goal difference around. Bolton probably safe now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

they ain't scored in 7 games or summat, it's all about form at this stage but they ought to beat Derby.

IMO they will beat Derby, the question is will Harry put out a team against Fulham. At least Diarra and Defoe will be playing, so it'll be half decent. Those two players could beat Fulham normally, but a Fulham fighting from relegation I"m not so sure :/

If Reading do go down, I can see a lot of their players being poached. Hunt Bikey and Doyle for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

I doubt it, but it's still a difficult place to get a result, draw written all over it imo

Reading are almost certain to win against Derby though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement