Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed

Options
  • 02-05-2008 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi i have the nape of my neck pierced about 3 months in metal morphisis its been red most that time but has looked better in the last few weeks.But someone pointed it out today saying how red it looked,around the right ball looks infected i think,is there any chance of saving it?any and all advice welcome.I think some dirt might have got in it the weekend gone....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Hot compress will suck out any puss and nasties in there. just boil water in a kettle, LET IT COOL down to a bearable temperature, add some sea salt. Dip a face cloth into the mix and leave it on your neck. Leave it on until it cools down more, then let the water get room temp/cold then get another face cloth and dip it in the now cold water. Place on your nape again.
    Also would recommend going back to metal morphosis to let em look at the piercing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭da1&only

Thanks for the advice will give it go now.Im using 100% sea salt,there no ingrediants on the container so i presume it iodine free??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

use cotton wool make up pads instead of face cloth maybe, slightly easier, disposable etc.
    go to a piercer n get em to look at it. got mine done roughly the same time, it's been happy enough...still the odd crusty when it gets agro'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i suggested a (clean) face cloth because it is larger than a cotton pad and can be rested easily on the neck/nape area.
    but yeah whatever is easiest for yourself da1&only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭da1&only

Cheers for the info,think ill head in tomorrow and get it looked at.
    Hope it doesnt reject,its the second time i had it done so if it goes this time thats it i think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement