Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stubble Rash

Options
  • 02-05-2008 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭

I've recently started going out with a really nice guy. The only problem is that he tends to have 'designer stubble' which leaves me with a major case of stubble rash.

I'm worried about saying it to him as we've just started going out and everything is going really well right now but.... this stubble rash is really irritating my skin.

Has anyone any experience about this? What can I tell him without pushing him away?

Comments

tell him to use conditioner on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Or a razor.

"Listen sweetie, if you dont shave your beard Im not bothering to shave mine"

Im sure you didnt like him that much anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I used to date a stubbly man - i viewed it as multi tasking, kissing and exfoliating at the same time. :)

Some peoples' skin seems to 'get used' to the stubble, i know mine did. If not, i second the suggestion that he try conditioner - also, there's a 'not too short' length at which stubble doesn't irritate. Communicate, communicate, communicate with him.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

tell him to use conditioner on it
    cuckoo wrote: »
    i second the suggestion that he try conditioner

Suggest he does what???? :eek:

Seriously, if he starts using conditioner in his beard you have yourself a full-blown metrosexual and you need to dump him as quick as possible. A razor or you get used to it are your only options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Zaph wrote: »

Seriously, if he starts using conditioner in his beard you have yourself a full-blown metrosexual and you need to dump him as quick as possible. A razor or you get used to it are your only options.

But.....some parts of the female physique have skin that can be v sensitive....would the average male truely turn down spending sexy time with their girlf if asked to use conditioner, or let the beard grow out a bit, because it's too 'metro'?!?!

• Advertisement

if he starts using conditioner in his beard you have yourself a full-blown metrosexual and you need to dump him as quick as possible.

LOL. So so true. I see where the idea might work, but it could only come from the mind of a woman / metro s/ gay.

Tip* When going to visit him fur love sessions. Sex him till he is dead to the world then spread hair removal cream all over / parts of his face. he would feel the razurr you see..

Timing is essential here: be sympathetic for his loss. next time you see him, look at him at angles first then compliment him on how much it actually suits him without the hair. In the event that he doesnt get the idea and decides to grow more:

Shampoo, rinse, repeat.

(Sorry Jules :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Abigayle wrote: »
    Or a razor.

I have to say if some woman bought me a razor near the start of the relationship it would be a case of So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Its a tough one but stubble rash can really feck up your face.....tell him and you run the risk looking like a control freak ... dont tell him and you'll look like youve been shaving yourself. Id say if hes a nice guy tell him........and let him decide to shave it off. If hes that vain that he wont shave it off then id say hes a bit of a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

If he's not a plick and you just said 'i'm sorry, and I really don't want to say this but it's really hurting me (don't use the word annoying). Could you just keep the stubble to a minimium. I'm getting stubble rash and you probably don't want to be seen out in public with girl with a rash on her face? Thanks, i'll make it up to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 polopunk

Hmm... thats a pretty tough situation you're in..

What does he look like? It suits some people and maybe you can try and convince him to trim it a bit.

Personally, I like a bit of stubble as it the baby-face look just feels wrong for me! Or else ask if there is anything which he wants changed about you - give and take and all that malarky..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Abigayle, reading your posts here and the advice given to the lady who has dirty housemates, I have come to the opinion you might have been really hurt in the past! (joke :D) Did you cut the hair off your dollies and tie them up when you were younger? :eek: Sorry not being nasty, just joking and please don't take this post the wrong way. I'm sure you are a lovely person really. :p

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    Did you cut the hiar off your dollies and tie them up when you were younger? :eek:

And what would be wrong with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Moonbaby wrote: »
    And what would be wrong with that?

Oooh evil girly! :eek:

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    you might have been really hurt in the past! (joke :D) Did you cut the hair off your dollies and tie them up when you were younger? :eek:

Nope, not really. Some people are just born with a naughty streak, sorry to disappoint! :pac:

Yes the dolls got hair cuts and amputations. But they werent mine, I wasnt a doll kinda girl. They were my sisters' dolls. She had loads of them, spoke to them regularly - which I didnt get.

Purely for personal amusement. I do have a nice side, I tend to leave that in PI though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

polopunk wrote: »
    Hmm... thats a pretty tough situation you're in..

What does he look like? It suits some people and maybe you can try and convince him to trim it a bit.

He's pretty good looking... The stubble actually suits him, but he wouldn't look half-bad without it; not baby-faced or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

To be honest the razor thing isnt always an option e.g. I shaved 1st thing this morning and Ive a good 5 o clock shadow already :( Yeah OP just tell him, he can shave before he meets you or conditioner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

ask him to let it grow into a bit of a beard maybe....the facial hairs become longer and softer. no more stubble rash. if his hair is coarse or wirey however, this may well make it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

stubble HURTS! :( & certain places can be more sensitive than others leading to more pain. when you have to stop cause hes hurting you its time to shave :p

maybe he doesnt realise it hurts? probably hasnt even entered his head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Beard pinnys required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

if he starts using conditioner in his beard you have yourself a full-blown metrosexual and you need to dump him as quick as possible. A razor or you get used to it are your only options.

eh?:confused:a clean shave made a man metrosexual?and what's wrong with metrosexual?metro 'normally' means a young clean modern lad right?:rolleyes:

OT:
    just tell him what ya feel...men will find it funny no big deal really:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Don't tell him what to do. That'd be controlling. Just complain about being red and itchy after your session. Maybe he'll get the idea. If it doesn't work, tell him "Your face is too rough." That might work. If he won't shave, and you don't want to dump him, let him see you "toughening your face" by hitting yourself with a breeze block in the face. Otherwise suck it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 puppywuppy

sar84 wrote: »
    stubble HURTS! :(

I totally agree with that. I remember I dated a guy once who had really bad stubble. It wasnt that he didnt shave - his stubble just grew really quickly and by that evening it was really really raspy. it was awful - i actually got stubble burn, not just stubble rash. my face went all red and started to peel - at least it was sunny and i could just pretend it was sunburn :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

The simple fact of the matter is that it is an easily changeable part of his appearance yes, but some dudes really like having some beard.

I know i do. It's just another little part that in a way represents who i think i am.

I hate not having a beard, had to shave it twice in the last month. If a lass asked me to shave my beard early on it would most likely be met with a no to be honest.

I'm sure that any of the ladies here can think of even one small change that the would hesitate to make for the new man in their life, for some sort of reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

Shaving's annoying and you don't want to have to do it everyday, simple as, sorry! It was great when you were 16/17 or whatever but the novelty wears off! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

You can bet you ar*e that ZZ Top conditioned their beards, so don't give us that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Tell him to grow a beard! :D

*points to sig* ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Redpunto wrote: »
    Its a tough one but stubble rash can really feck up your face.....tell him and you run the risk looking like a control freak ... dont tell him and you'll look like youve been shaving yourself. Id say if hes a nice guy tell him........and let him decide to shave it off. If hes that vain that he wont shave it off then id say hes a bit of a twat.

:eek: Your face!!!!!??

Oh.. right then.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Meh, I like stubble myself, I used to hound my ex not to shave when was off work.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

jsb wrote: »
    I have to say if some woman bought me a razor near the start of the relationship it would be a case of So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
    How do you know words of a song from The Sound of Music? Metro! :p
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    Beard pinnys required.
    Thaed, you crack me up. :D

OP, you'll get used to it. Bit of a pain at the minute but your skin will get used to it. Wouldn't ask him to shave it at all tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

sar84 wrote: »
    maybe he doesnt realise it hurts? probably hasnt even entered his head.

I had to get told at 19 stubble hurt :( i was slow. But i'm glad i was told, women were far more receptive when i wasn't taking half their face off :D

Advertisement