Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Stainless scope for CZ Style 22LR?

Options
  • 02-05-2008 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Where could I find a stainless scope and mounts for a CZ style ? Would look great with the stainless barrell.

What magnification/ type of scope is best for 22LR ?

thanks a million

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

Magnusd wrote: »
    Where could I find a stainless scope and mounts for a CZ style ? Would look great with the stainless barrell.

What magnification/ type of scope is best for 22LR ?

thanks a million

why dont you buy a good scope AGS Bushnell BSA Leupold Zeiss Nikko Burris Nikon Pecar Hawke Schmidt&Bender etc hawk
    :D

a lot users on the shooting forum buy from this link
    http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=HR41250
    hawk scope

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Your realy limiting your choice of scopes by wanting a silver colour.
    Think about it????????????????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have just got my CZ style not fired it yet. I have a Nikko Nighteater 8-32x60 scope fitted (target shooting) and a SAK mod both black and looks GREAT :) IMO.
    But just pulled off the front stud putting on a bypod,last night :mad: :mad:, so today I have to fix the stud to put on a bypod and zero the scope.
    Then it's bang, bang, bang......................................:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Magnusd

Haha yeah sounds a bit G*y but would look cool ;) Silver barrell, scope, + moderator :D but seriously any colour will do.

Anyway- what magnification and scope size is best for a 22LR for shooting rabbits?

Does the CZ come with scope mounts or do they come with the scope?

Would this scope be suitable ? Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 ?

http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=NP3940

Not being pedantic here but are the barrels on the Style stainless?

I have one and I don't think it is stainless...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Not being pedantic here but are the barrels on the Style stainless?

I have one and I don't think it is stainless...

According to the website it is. The Silhouette model has a lot of the same configuration with a blued barrel however.

Actually, on further inspection, it's not stainless, but nickel-plated. Just looks stainless.

• Advertisement

Yep, its not stainless (and doesn't look it either) as nickel plating is quite matte relative to stainless. Plus, do you really want to go bunny bashing with polished metal????!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yep, its not stainless (and doesn't look it either) as nickel plating is quite matte relative to stainless. Plus, do you really want to go bunny bashing with polished metal????!

Heh, not really no.

Haha yeah sounds a bit G*y but would look cool ;) Silver barrell, scope, + moderator :D but seriously any colour will do.

Anyway- what magnification and scope size is best for a 22LR for shooting rabbits?

Does the CZ come with scope mounts or do they come with the scope?

Would this scope be suitable ? Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 ?

http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=NP3940

top class scope good one:cool:

Cool- what about Tasco scopes? http://www.opticsplanet.net/tasco-world-class-3-9x40mm-rifle-scope.html
    Very cheap! $47.98

Cool- what about Tasco scopes? http://www.opticsplanet.net/tasco-world-class-3-9x40mm-rifle-scope.html
    Very cheap! $47.98

Very cheap never = very good. Look you paid around €450 for the cZ style so by all accounts here you should be paying the same for a scope.
    BUT there comes a time when you only have X amount for a scope after paying for the rifle. So look to pay what you can NOW. As I said before with my scope I wanted to get a scope for target shooting and paid £180 = €255 for my 8=32x60 scope. If your going bunny banging then get a 4-16xwhatever as that all you will need for bunny banging.
    Opticswarehouse have a 4=16x50 for £120ish and that will do you well. IMO. I'm in the process of getting a scope for my sons 223 and he will get a 4-16x50 or the 6-24x56 because it has a IR milldot recticle for night banging.
    I must say that I was out for the first time today to zero the scope and found the Nikko Nighteater scope great for the money that I paid for it.
    Remember that the exchange rate with the £ is good right now so if your ngetting anything from the UK then get it NOW.

• Advertisement

clivej wrote: »
    Very cheap never = very good. Look you paid around €450 for the cZ style so by all accounts here you should be paying the same for a scope.
    BUT there comes a time when you only have X amount for a scope after paying for the rifle. So look to pay what you can NOW. As I said before with my scope I wanted to get a scope for target shooting and paid £180 = €255 for my 8=32x60 scope. If your going bunny banging then get a 4-16xwhatever as that all you will need for bunny banging.
    Opticswarehouse have a 4=16x50 for £120ish and that will do you well. IMO. I'm in the process of getting a scope for my sons 223 and he will get a 4-16x50 or the 6-24x56 because it has a IR milldot recticle for night banging.
    I must say that I was out for the first time today to zero the scope and found the Nikko Nighteater scope great for the money that I paid for it.
    Remember that the exchange rate with the £ is good right now so if your ngetting anything from the UK then get it NOW.

clivej has giving you not good advice but GREAT ADVICE at the end of the
    day it is your money so take GREAT ADVICE :cool:

Just back from my sons house in the country where we shot 250/300 rounds off a bipod . Paced out the range at 63y/m. Getting mainly 2" goups but some were under the 1", well pleased with the Nikko scope. I still have to really put the scope on properly and will do that at a range.

Thanks Clivej- Very useful advice......

Sounds like the Nikko are a good scope.

The Nikon prostaff im looking at does not have mildot-http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=NP3940 is that recommeneded?

Also i heard 3-9x40 would be plenty of magnification for a 22LR?

Would 4-16 be too much magnification for a 22LR?

Thanks Clivej- Very useful advice......

Sounds like the Nikko are a good scope.

The Nikon prostaff im looking at does not have mildot-http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=NP3940 is that recommeneded?

Also i heard 3-9x40 would be plenty of magnification for a 22LR?

Would 4-16 be too much magnification for a 22LR?

I'm fairly new to all this as well BUT I have spent many , many hours of trawling the forums and websites until I decided on the scope to get. And I'm very pleased with the scope I got. After now using the at the different zoom 8-32 I found that at tghe max zoom, -32, that its quite hard to see the image but its still OK. Mainly using it at 12-16 zoom and at 60y/m a 3 inch roundel is quite small to see but Ok to see the half inch bulls eye, any lower zoom may be getting even more difficult to see your target, more so at longer ranges like 100y/m.
    The 4-16 is a good zoom range and can go down to 8-12 for regular use, remember you can't go to a higher zoom if you only have 3-9 to start with can you.
    It doesn't say what the size of the Nikkon is but the Nikko 4-16 is about 16.5 inches long and is a lot of scope BUT if like mine will look great on the Style.
    I'm not sure as to what type of reticle to use as this is my first scope, but find the reticle on my Nikko good, small dots. If you look at the scope section at Opticswarehouse you can find a page that shows what all the different types of reticles look like.

Ok so here are the first photos of my CZ Style.
    It has a Nikko Nighteater 8-32x60 AG IR scope (for target shooting) that I'm well pleased with and a SAK mod. Also a Harris 13-27 bipod that belongs to my son but is a bit on the long side, I think I'll get the 9-13 inch model that will do the job for me.
    In the first photo you can just see our targets on the 4x4 bit of plywood at the back fence with a high bank as a backstop, stepped out at 65 yards It has 8 sheets of A4 paper with 5 x 3 inch roundels on each. Getting 1 inch groups with Eley standard round nose rounds, Remington hollow points were not as good.

CZ_Style_view_1.jpgCZ_Style_view_2.jpg

CZ_Style_view_3.jpg

top class set up fair play to you clivej enjoy 10-out10.:cool::cool::cool:steve

Looks the business!

Is that scope god in low light ? Dusk/ Dawn ?

Is it mill dot?

Can anyone tell me the pros/ cons of Mill dot vs Normal reticle ?

How do you use mill dot?

Also, Re: the stainless scope; I've decided a black scope is the way to go for any rifle- you would never get the stainless scope to match the barrel and it would look cheap as hell!

Looks the business!

Is that scope god in low light ? Dusk/ Dawn ?

Is it mill dot?

Can anyone tell me the pros/ cons of Mill dot vs Normal reticle ?

How do you use mill dot?

Also, Re: the stainless scope; I've decided a black scope is the way to go for any rifle- you would never get the stainless scope to match the barrel and it would look cheap as hell!

Hi Magnusd. I'm just back from the Midlands range after putting 300/350 rounds through the Style. It didn't like Remington 22 Subsonics but the Eley 22 Target went well, both around €4 box of 50.. Shot a lot of 1/2-3/4 inch groups @50m well pleased with that.
    The scope was very good and I used it over all the zoom range but mainly at 16 zoom. The scope has illuminated milldot that is good for low light, but I didn't use it lite up yet.
    The mildot is used to hold over or under to give more or less range without changing the turrets (the cross hairs). But you will need to know what extra range you would get at the different zoom settings. Example is I went to the 100m targets and at 16 zoom I used the second dot under the cross hair to get extra range, has the same effect as lifting the barrel up.
    But at 32 zoom I needed to use the third dot under the cross hair. So you would need to make up a chart of what extra range you will get for different zooms. OR just use say 16 zoom and find out at the range what dot to use at 30m, 40m, 50m, 75m, 100m.
    When using the SAK mod. the zero shifted up about 1 1/2 inches so you must zero the scope for use with/without the mod fitted on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

The learning curve is steep. You have started a long fun filled climb ;)

Hmm- sounds like Milldot could be very useful for the big trajectory od the 22LR round.

Like you said, you could have a little chart of which dot to use to compensate for bullet drop right out to the max effective range.

Interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 leighmcinnes

Hi Iam just new into shooting and i was wondering what it was that you have at the end of the barrel of your rifle. I have a cz 452 bruno .22 and want to start target shooting. Thank's Leigh

Hi Iam just new into shooting and i was wondering what it was that you have at the end of the barrel of your rifle. I have a cz 452 bruno .22 and want to start target shooting. Thank's Leigh

Thats a moderator/sound suppresser that will reduce the sound of the bullets as you fire them off. Makes the subsonic round very quite, but the high verlocity rounds are still loud.

You must have permission from your Super to have and use one.

Since I posted here I have tried many different types of ammo and found that the Eley subs and Lapua Club standard subs really work well in my CZ style. I'm getting thumb nail size groups @50m (20mm) and head shots on rabbits @100m. Well pleased with my CZ gun.

Advertisement