Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple green - Athlone

Options
  • 02-05-2008 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on that apple green petrol station at arcadia
    petrols supposed to be cheaper - dont think it is too much though
    everything in the store is overpriced
    have heard srories of watered down petrol/petrol ruining peoples engines
    good thing about it is the friendly polish deli staff

anyone else heard any stories about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

"watered down" petrol.

God i really hate the stupidity of some rumors.

Ive been there a few times, but there are actually cheaper places in athlone to fill up. They've a nice shop there tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Prices on some things are a little dodgy. For example prices on the shelves don't match when you get to the counter - and stuff with 20% extra free is dearer than the normal price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Last time I was there they had the same petrol prices as BCR, Kilmartins, Statoil and Maxol on the Dublin Road. Cheapest around is usually at the Grove.

In reality what you actually get is a cheap car wash!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭crazy_spider

I know that about 2 days after i got petrol in there a few weeks back that i had to get the petrol pump replaced in my car... that may have been a coincidence...
    Some members of my family swear by it saying that the petrol lasts longer!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

The petrol prices are the same as other garages in town (unleaded anyways). You can get a discount on petrol 5cent per litre if you get a car wash aswell etc..

It's also inconvenient, I know Kilmartins on the Dublin road and Mulligans on the Roscommon road are a bit more expensive but they're positioned in good places have a good setup etc...
    To get to Applegreen you either have to go through town or come off the bypass to get to it.

When it opened it was supposed to be a lot cheaper (originally rumoured as a Tesco garage), but personally i'm far from being impressed by it. All in all, it feels like you're being cheated by advertising "low fuel costs" when they're the same as the Statiol (iirc) and the Mace garage on the Dublin road. I'd hardly call €1.23? as low cost.

Advertisement