Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€125 to blow in a Dublin restaurant, but which one?

Options
  • 02-05-2008 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Recently won a competition in work and my grand prize was a meal in a restaurant of my choice to the value of €125, quite generous. It'll just be myself and my girlfriend, so has anybody got any recommendations?

We like seafood places and it might aswell be an expensive place, I want to indulge myself :o

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Brasserie 66 on Georges St would be a good option - Had it reccommended to me several times, finally ate there last Saturday... Was amazing :)

It's pricy enough too, but hey, you've got a voucher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Another option would be Rhodes D7, off Capel. The menu is very narrow, but what I've had of it was good. Smoked eel on toast sounded like a fish too far, but there's a great roast cod with lobster champ.

I think it's the right price range for two people with 125 quid to spend. Around 9 for a starter, 25 for a main. I can't remember the price of the wine, which may or may not be a good sign.

Roly's Bistro was pretty good too, but I haven't been for ages.

Have you thought about taking her to Charlie's five times? What girl wouldn't love that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Go to burdocks & keep the change.:pac:

Or lookeh here:

http://www.menupages.ie/Dublin/Restaurants/Seafood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

gogglebok wrote: »
    Another option would be Rhodes D7, off Capel. The menu is very narrow, but what I've had of it was good. Smoked eel on toast sounded like a fish too far, but there's a great roast cod with lobster champ.

I think it's the right price range for two people with 125 quid to spend. Around 9 for a starter, 25 for a main. I can't remember the price of the wine, which may or may not be a good sign.

Roly's Bistro was pretty good too, but I haven't been for ages.

Have you thought about taking her to Charlie's five times? What girl wouldn't love that?

I was always put off going into Rhodes because of the narrow menu, f all on it I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Plenty of seafood places in Howth. Aqua,the King Sitric and Ivans are all good and close proximity to the Dart.
    Or you could try newly Michelin starred Bon Apetit in Malahide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

head to wrights, get all ya want :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

WindSock wrote: »
    Plenty of seafood places in Howth. Aqua,the King Sitric and Ivans are all good and close proximity to the Dart.
    Or you could try newly Michelin starred Bon Apetit in Malahide.

Is King Sitric nice? Have looked at the menu a coupleof times, seems pretty pricey. Would want a very good meal and decent portions for what they charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Collie D wrote: »
    Is King Sitric nice?

I didn't like it at all Collie, been there a few times. I don't honestly know how they stay in the blue book. We were met by a quiet rude owner.

Try Chapter one, go for the pre-theatre menu, great value, amazing food. Deep, Aqua and the cheaper Oarhouse are excellent in Howth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Thanks, lightening. Keep meaning to try Chapter One. I like places with good grub without being extortionate and keep hearing good things about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Jamuna,its an indian but they do nice tandoori seafood,mussels,craydfish,prawns and my favourit Tandoori mackerell.Two people with a load of booze should have change from 130 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Must try that place Degsy sounds great, particularly the Mackerel. If you want to go ethnic I would strongly recommend Kinara in Clontarf, Montys of Katmandu (temple bar) and Saba (Clarendon st.) Saba is great great fun.

For contemporary European/Irish fare I would go for Peploes on the green or the wonderful Winding Stair on Bachelors walk. The ultimate French bistro would be Che Max at the entrance to Dublin Castle.

Now I'm hungry.

Advertisement