Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problems with Bluetooth in new Mondeo model?

Options
  • 03-05-2008 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi

Bought a new Mondeo a couple of months back (zetec). Absolutely delighted with the car in general but cannot get the built in bluetooth to sync up with any mobile so far (have tried a nokia and blackberry)
    Anyone else have these problems or any ideas on how to get around it?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Are you try to pair it with the engine running or not??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mcbads08

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Are you try to pair it with the engine running or not??

Tried it both ways and tried de-activating and re-activating the bluetooth a few times but it wasn't picking it up at all!

Although I only tried it with the engine on and off with the blackberry, only tried the nokia with the engine off - do you think it could make a difference?

I can't figure out if it's an issue with the bluetooth or if it's just not intended to pair with blackberry bluetooth - the manual does say it's not compatible with all phones!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well there is a relay in the mondeo that switchs off some electrics until the car is running.

We got a Parrot bluetooth kit fitted in a 08 Mondeo the other day in work. The same cables were used that would be used for the built in Bluetooth unit. The Parrot kit would turn on but after a few seconds the relay kicked in and knocked it off. But with the engine running its fine.

As a matter of interest what kind of handset were you using when it paired ok?

I just want to try and establish if it is just a blackberry problem or a problem with the bluetooth in the car by process of elimination..

The car is obviously under warranty so I'm not too bothered if it is a problem with the car, but the garage I bought from weren't great so I'd prefer to try and sort it myself if possible than go through the hassle of getting them to sort it out!

Cheers :o

Well we didn't have a built in bluetooth in the mondeo we got one fitted. It paired with a Blackberry 8100 and Nokia 6300 perfecto.

Here are people that have them working etc

http://discussions.nokia.ie/discussions/board/message?board.id=accessories&thread.id=5454

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/30200-problems_bluetooth_handsfree_connection.html

• Advertisement

Excellent stuff, thanks a mill for the advice!

Will give it one last go tomorrow and if all else fails will resign myself to going back to the garage!

thanks again! :D

Advertisement