Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6-PIN TO 8-PIN PCI-Express Adapter

Options
  • 03-05-2008 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I have recently bought a 9800gx2. Unfortunately the PSU I purchased recently only has the SLI 6 pin connections. Its a club3d gfx card, so they were a little bit tight with their peripherals........I'm pretty sure it didn't even have a manual. What I'm looking for is a 6-PIN TO 8-PIN PCI-Express Adapter. Preferably available somewhere in Dublin. Obviously the anticipation to get the card up and running is killing me. Anybody know where I might locate one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

AFAIK you can just stick the 6 pin in there and it will work might just be starved a little if heavily loaded ie overclocked and crisis :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Monkeyshine

Wish it were the case. Tried it yesterday, but got a VGA Fail on the motherboard....figure its because of the connections. The card actually requires both an 8 pin AND a 6 pin. Hard things to come by.

No luck with maplins or peats. Might just have to order it online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

OT but is this a molex splitter ? need it to power fans http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=314357

No. ITs a pci express 8 pin connection. Think its fairly new. Got it sorted anyway.......bought a new PSU from peats with both sli connections. No other choice really. Fairly happy....but burned quite a hole in my pocket

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

MooseJam wrote: »
    OT but is this a molex splitter ? need it to power fans http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=314357

Yep..

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭somakasvh

You could have taken a craft knife to a molex to PCI-E adaptor to make up the extra 2 pins. its just a 4th pair of 12V/gnd pins afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭somakasvh

oops, they're actually 2 extra ground wires

Advertisement