Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Killarney Test Centre

Options
  • 03-05-2008 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

Currently the test centre is down Ross Road and I have a few questions for anyone who has done their test in Killarney … All feedback appreciated.

I’ve my test coming up (yes! During a busy summer month! In one of the busiest tourist towns) and wondered how many possible routes and what the routes in the town actually are?

Anyone who knows the Ross Road in Killarney will know that almost all year round but most notably during the Summer months the route is busy with jaunting carts. I’m wondering how you handled them? Basicly, what I want to know is whether you passed them out (bearing in mind the speed-limit; entrances to private houses and an estate) or would it just be easier to just follow them from the entrance of the test centre to the main Muckross Road and not even bother trying to over-take them?

They are actually my main worry as they would be so unpredictable and more often than not the jarveys don’t hand-signal right/left and would sometimes just stop up out-of the-blue.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

did my test in killarney in nov, so not many jarveys around. the only advice i can give you about the jaunting cars is to ask a local driving instructor, as they'd be very clued in.
    other than that, what can i say? the test was ok. covered the woodlawn and ballycasheen areas, bypass rd, lewis rd, daltons avenue and rock road. theres about 3 or 4 places for the turnabout and reversing around the corner.
    i'd really recommend getting a few lessons to get familiar with the routes. the guy i had was andy from ISM and he had the patience of a saint!

good luck!

Advertisement