Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any of you cats rockin workstations?

Options
  • 03-05-2008 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Recently Ive been on a bit of a fidget. Rejigging my studio around etc. Sold my mac mini to get an imac, sold my Alesis Ion, and my UC33e.
    Planning on getting an MPD32 very soon. Doing a big paint job on the room etc etc

Anyway, along the way, I picked up a Roland Fantom X6.. Its worth quite a lot of money, and I sometimes wonder if its worth keeping. I mean, if I sold it, I could just get a cheap enough midi keyboard to go with my MPD32, and have a **** load of money left over to spend on cool stuff.

I love having a shed load of sounds that dont rely on CPU, but at the end of the day, I already own Sampletank and have it packed full of instruments.

I dont use the onboard sequencer, but it is a pretty good sound source. There are tons of good sounds on it, and the keys and pads feel great. Im rather annoyed that it doesnt have a VA feature though.

So does anyone here use a workstation like a Fantom/Fusion/Triton etc as their main keyboard, but integrated into their computer based setup?
    Maybe it would be better suited to a real keyboard player or as part of a live rig.
    Or maybe for a pro producer who does pop music or soundtracks.
    I tend to just chop up vinyl and ad little beats and blips :rolleyes:

Sorry if its a bit vague. I think I just feel a bit guilty having such a beast as my main midi master, while only using the onboard sound now and then. Maybe I should just keep it as a kind of long term treat.

Advertisement