Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good cash games & donkaments in Vegas?

• 03-05-2008 4:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I'm off to Vegas for a few days next week. Can anyone recommend to me where I'll find juicy fish filled cash games (1/2, 2/4), and a short wait, and some good regular tourneys (max 300 dollar bi)? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

niborm wrote: »
    where I'll find juicy fish filled cash games (1/2, 2/4)

Basically everywhere. Its all high-variance, clueless holiday-cash at every table. Personally I thought the $1/$2 game at MGM was outrageously weak.

and some good regular tourneys (max 300 dollar bi)? Thanks.

This link rocks.
    http://www.allvegaspoker.com/tournaments.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭hotspur

It's kind of random so you're better off choosing the pokerrooms which are nicest, which precludes the MGM. Try the Venetian, lovely room and lots of tables, I believe they have good donkaments too. Go to the Mirage and Caesar's too. I had a lot of fun in Treasure Island a few times but it's tiny. I would be inclined to skip the Bellagio as the 2/5 players there are all rocks in my experience, and the tables are too small. But if you only chose one and stuck to it it should be the Venetian imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 TableImage

I'm going in June and did a little research on this topic. The findings being...

GOOD CASH GAME ROOMS FOR FISH:
    BALLY’S ,MGM, IMPERIAL PALACE, PLANET HOLLYWOOD, LUXOR.

CLASS ROOMS BUT STIFF COMPETITION:
    MIRAGE, BELLAGIO, WYNN, CAESER, VENETIAN.

....look out for the bad beats!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭express79

I'm headin over next Saturday and was wondering if anyone knew of any places that run sit and go's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

I'm off to Vegas for a few days next week. Can anyone recommend to me where I'll find juicy fish filled cash games (1/2, 2/4), and a short wait, and some good regular tourneys (max 300 dollar bi)? Thanks.

Theres a daily tourney in Caesars Palace thats about $170 buy in, 7k chips and 40min clock (think its at noon). Then on Thurs Fri Sat and Sun, the buy in is upped to 330$, 10,000 chips and 1 hout clock. Seemed to be the best structured tournaments on the strip that I could find when I was there.

Fishiest cash games were at the Flamingo and Excallibur. But I'm sure that differs from week to week, depending whats on in Vegas at the time and where people are staying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭niborm

Cheers for the replies folks...that link does indeed rock ArmaniJeanss. Heading up there tomorrow and looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭hotspur

express79 wrote: »
    I'm headin over next Saturday and was wondering if anyone knew of any places that run sit and go's?

I know the Mirage do anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

The structure is awful, though, iirc. Like unbeliveably bad.

Advertisement