Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clean Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Jesus. Astonishing. I think the place is filthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

So Dublin makes it but Perth doesn't. I have to say I'm completely baffled by that. And the pic they use is of the Liffey! Probably the dirtiest feckin thing in the country!

And about 8 countries somehow tied for 10th spot. How do you tie? They all had exactly 452 coke cans on the ground each?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

"There is clean and then there is clean. In the world, as a rule of thumb, the North is clean and the South is dirty."

I stopped reading after that, clearly they did not research this thoroughly. It's a fact that north of the Liffey is full of filth and scum.

:pac: <

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

where exactly in dublin is clean?? grafton street maybe after they clean it for all of one minute :D

salt lake city, bruges, washington dc, innsbruck, vienna should all have easily made this list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

thats nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

7 cities tied for #10. Makes me wonder what they used to compare the cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

I just came back from being around the world ans 18th sounds about right. All of the OZ cities were dirtier, LA and San Fran.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

PCros wrote: »
    I just came back from being around the world ans 18th sounds about right. All of the OZ cities were dirtier, LA and San Fran.

not a chance that dublin is 18th in the world, it wouldn't be the 18th cleanest town in ireland :pac: parts of dublin now look like harlem during the 1980s

just walk around washington DC city centre from the watergate hotel in the west to the capitol building in the east and then tell me dublin is clean :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cowan

Ireland is a manky place altogether. Mind you Gallimh city is pretty clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

PCros wrote: »

All? Did you go to Perth? Not a chance it's dirtier than Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Dublin has clean air at least

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's probably a regional forum for this somewhere...
    Apparently Belfast is number 19?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from after hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

As I'm generally around town at 6am most mornings I can confirm that dublin is indeed clean,infact it's only when the scum who occupy dublin and start littering the place from around 8am or so that it dirtys up.The council does a good job of cleaning dublin. Mind you,they wouldn't need to if the population of dublin brought their rubbish home or at least used the bins provided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

luckat wrote: »
    Astonishingly, Dublin has come in at No 20 in the Forbes list of the world's cleanest cities:

http://www.forbes.com/2007/04/16/worlds-cleanest-cities-biz-logistics-cx_rm_0416cleanest.html

Good, and I'm not overly surprised.

I love Dublin, I think for a major city its surprisingly clean and tidy compared to other cities of similar size I've visited around the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

If anyone actually bothered to read the article they'd realise that it's measured on air quality, water quality, recycling levels etc. Dublin would score well on these.

If it was all about litter then we probably wouldn't do quite so well. Thankfully, as mentioned, the city council does a good job of cleaning up after us. But it's embarrassing that as a nation we're pretty dirty people. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Mairt wrote: »
    Good, and I'm not overly surprised.

What he said... I don't find it that dirty, certainly not as dirty as Sligo or Paris! For a big city the air quality is fantastic. Ozzy cities can be pretty bad when you get out of the touristy areas.

BendiBus wrote: »
    But it's embarrassing that as a nation we're pretty dirty people. :o

No we're not.

Its embarrassing that as a nation we're so down on ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Mairt wrote: »
    Its embarrassing that as a nation we're so down on ourselves.

We should always be challenging ourselves and identifying things we could do better. Where I live & where I work I see lots of very dirty people littering without a care.

We should always be challenging ourselves and identifying things we could do better. Where I live & where I work I see lots of very dirty people littering without a care.

I see a lot of that too, it annoys the crap out of me, but generally speaking I don't believe we're not a dirty people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

rossie1977 wrote: »
    not a chance that dublin is 18th in the world, it wouldn't be the 18th cleanest town in ireland :pac: parts of dublin now look like harlem during the 1980s

just walk around washington DC city centre from the watergate hotel in the west to the capitol building in the east and then tell me dublin is clean :eek:

your 100% correct Dublin would not be the in the top 18 cleanest towns in Ireland, because its a city not a town so probably wouldn't feature on a list of towns at all whatever the other qualifiers are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I like its description of Dublin.
    Dublin is at the heart of Ireland. It is the capital and seat of government as well as the center of culture, media, communications and high tech labs and educational institutes. Its transportation consists of buses, light rail, walkways and cycle paths. Its most famous manufacturing is beer.

I noticed amsterdam is 21 on the list and I would definitely say Dublin is a par with amsterdam for cleanliness cant say much about many of the other cities as I have never been

Rob_l wrote: »
    I
    I noticed amsterdam is 21 on the list and I would definitely say Dublin is a par with amsterdam for cleanliness cant say much about many of the other cities as I have never been

That ain't saying much, given that the 'Dam is filthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

If anyone actually bothered to read the article they'd realise that it's measured on air quality, water quality, recycling levels etc. Dublin would score well on these.

I wonder if Dublin would score well on air quality because of great traffic planning and such, or because it's so windy in here. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Polar101 wrote: »
    I wonder if Dublin would score well on air quality because of great traffic planning and such, or because it's so windy in here. :p

I reckon its because the bay simply won't let the city spread East.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

rossie1977 wrote:
    parts of dublin now look like harlem during the 1980s

Please explain? Where exactly?

Advertisement