Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

94.9 the rock text?

• 03-05-2008 8:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

did anyone get that text a few days about something about the rock comin back?
    i got it but i deleted it a day later by accident

what did it say?
    it said something about a poll or a website?

what did u think of the station when it was on?

i loved it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

There was a survey on The Rock website which intimates that they're actively researching the viability of application for the current BCI rock licence for Leinster... Survey closed yesterday though...

Bloody good station too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Banda78

They're applying for a licence and have asked the listeners who heard them on last year to help them by filling out a survey. Looks like it's still open too - www.therock.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

jesus they have a website

i googled for the rock and 94.9 the rock and all that **** u google for and the site didnt pop up

mind u i did the survey ima pass this around
    cheers kiddos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Banda78 wrote: »
    They're applying for a licence and have asked the listeners who heard them on last year to help them by filling out a survey. Looks like it's still open too - www.therock.ie

Yeah, thats pretty much what the post immediately before yours said, but he got the closing date right :
    We need your reply by Friday May 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭bazzer

I've just received a text message that The Rock will be back from Thursday night (2nd October) from midnight!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Kevin Branigan

Yep that's right, we're coming back on air tomorrow night on 94.9 FM and 1278 AM throughout the Greater Dublin area.:)

We'll be on every Friday, Saturday and Sunday between now and December 7th..

Here's some more info..

http://www.radiowaves.fm/newsart/080929rock.html

Text no is 087 9350108, as last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Yep that's right, we're coming back on air tomorrow night on 94.9 FM and 1278 AM throughout the Greater Dublin area.:)

We'll be on every Friday, Saturday and Sunday between now and December 7th..

Here's some more info..

http://www.radiowaves.fm/newsart/080929rock.html

Text no is 087 9350108, as last year.

Best of luck with this again Kevin - will be out of Dublin for the weekend but will be able to listen tonight - hope all goes well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Rock on Kevin!!!

I'll be in Dublin this weekend (On Radio Business, as a matter of fact)...
    So i'll have you guys Locked in on the Car Stereo.. great to hear your back on with another temp license :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Last time yous were on I was just ever so slightly outside the reception area, but I still had it tuned half in anyway haha. Great station while it was there, I'll be sure to tune back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭djsupreme

Are they broadcastig online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Great to have you guys back again.

Only slight moan is this, I was listening in this morning on 2 seperate occasions (getting up and just before leaving the house, and on both occasions, a Bowie song was on. Now I love Bowie, but I think you need to broaden your spectrum ever so slightly. There should not be 2 songs from the same (albeit great) artist within 30 mins of each other.

Moan over, good to have you back again and I'll still be tuning in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

christeb wrote: »
    Great to have you guys back again.

Only slight moan is this, I was listening in this morning on 2 seperate occasions (getting up and just before leaving the house, and on both occasions, a Bowie song was on. Now I love Bowie, but I think you need to broaden your spectrum ever so slightly. There should not be 2 songs from the same (albeit great) artist within 30 mins of each other.

Moan over, good to have you back again and I'll still be tuning in!

I agree. The station is great, and I can allow for teething problems, but I'm sure there's enough CDs in the studio to be able to avoid a duplication of artists within a short space of time.
    This afternoon (Sunday), Wings' Live and Let Die was played at the top of the hour, Band on the Run was played an hour later, and The Beatles' A Day in the Life was twenty minutes after that, making it three McCartney-related tracks in the space of about eighty minutes.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tallaghttwin

I've been tuning around and I came across this station. It sounds rather good. Pity it is only on until December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 turbocabrio

Heard them on 1278khz AM they sounded great, very much like NOVA on The Mighty 890.

Well done KB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Slicklink

I agree. The station is great, and I can allow for teething problems, but I'm sure there's enough CDs in the studio to be able to avoid a duplication of artists within a short space of time.
    This afternoon (Sunday), Wings' Live and Let Die was played at the top of the hour, Band on the Run was played an hour later, and The Beatles' A Day in the Life was twenty minutes after that, making it three McCartney-related tracks in the space of about eighty minutes.

We dont actually have CDs in the studio! Its all Wavecart. And its playlisted. Thing about playlists is, people dont like em and sometimes......

Those that have heard it on 1278 can you identify where you have heard it.... just to get a feel of distance covered.

Advertisement