Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm envious

Options
  • 03-05-2008 9:09am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I wish I could make it to Cobh today. The magnificent looking ship the 'Independence of the Seas' is docking at some stage; just heard it on the 9 O'Clock news (TodayFM). Had a look online just now, it's the worlds biggest cruise ship. I also found a photo:

A1-Independence%20of%20the%20Seas-.jpg

I've no particular interest but it does look fantastic. Thought I'd let you folk know. If any of ye do go down take a few photos and post them here.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I've some on my flickr pages

Taken from Ringaskiddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

it's a big boat!

2463256773_37e828d532.jpg

there's a couple more photos in my flickr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

it will be back again in a few weeks. i think its back twice in the next few months. lll keep an eye out in the papers for the exact dates

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Yeah its back later on this month, 17th or 18th afaik.
    i went down on sunday to see it,and what a gorgeous day it was! we were there not long before 12, and it was nice and quite, no traffic, and got parking really close to it (outside that old titanic pub/restaurant - thats closed) but when we were leaving about 2ish the traffic was really bad!! so if you are going down i'd advise you to go early in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Love it when these thing come to the town. There's always markets and what not and the weather's nearly always cracking for some reason!
    Trains get fair packed though....

Advertisement