Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greasy Spoon Balbriggan - Main Street Coffee

• 03-05-2008 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I popped into this coffee shop / cafe in Balbriggan for a bit of lunch due to the closure of the bracken court .Bit surprised at poor standard of food/service/seating - everything actually. Did I get it on a wrong day or is it a complete dump?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Been there a few times and it does the job tbh. The layout isn't great but the food has always been fine when I've been there.

Trax is still the best spot for lunch in Balbriggan though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Was in Trax this morning for brekkie, it's nice all right, I think Cate's Kitchen in Moylaragh still has the edge on it, though.

Haven't been to the Coffee Pot for a while but the food was always good there, surprised to hear it wasn't up to scratch.

blastman wrote: »
    Was in Trax this morning for brekkie, it's nice all right, I think Cate's Kitchen in Moylaragh still has the edge on it, though.

Haven't been to the Coffee Pot for a while but the food was always good there, surprised to hear it wasn't up to scratch.

Haven't been to Cate's Kitchen yet. Must venture up that side and check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

I think the Thread title says it all. Its a great place for hangover food - far better for breakfast than Trax. If I was looking for a nice lunch I wouldnt go there. Have to say for what is does I find the food and service very good. As regards the decor/seating I sort of like the fact that it isnt trendy.

wow sierra wrote: »
    As regards the decor/seating I sort of like the fact that it isnt trendy.

I just find the back part a little oppressive. Also don't like being so close to the jacks :)

When we go out for lunch in work we tend to do a rotation between Trax, Bagel Bar and the greasy spoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

the hint is in the name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

I've been to the hotpot many times and always enjoyed the fair(greasyspoon). Cheap enough also.
    A few of my mates have ventured up to Cates in LL and aparently its very good..
    I never enjoyed Trax.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Main Street Coffee is great for a nice weekend breakfast,I prefer it to Cates but Cates in less then a 5 minute walk.
    Trax are the only place that do pancakes though.

Advertisement