Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ATH5: A Sloberknocker with words!

• 03-05-2008 12:12pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭

ATH1 - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055176157
    ATH2 - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055187277
    ATH3 - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54765837#post54765837
    ATH4 - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055236240

Its been a while since ive done one of these as ive been busy but here we go again. Sure most of you know how it goes by now but for any new posters / combatants (which are always welcome) here is a rundown of what ATH is and how it works
    ---
    Around The Horn(ATH) is an american show on ESPN where a number of panelists/experts make arguments an a certain topic. The host awards points for each response depending on how well argued their point is, not neccesarily if he agrees with their point (although that helps) but how well they back up their argument. Obviously the winner is the person with the highest number of points at the end of the show. This format should work quite well here if anyone is interested, afterall there are a number of people here where many like to think of themselves as experts on all things wrestling related, so this is a chance to prove it.

The first of 5 topics will be posted on tommorow evening (sunday) and you will have two days before round two (so four days now to decide on participation and enter your first answer). If you need info on the rules check the above linkes to the previous threads, but here is a brief rundown of them:

I post a topic and you have to post your response including why you made that choice within 48hrs (before the next round begins), take care while making your responses however as other contestants can counter your arguement i.e pointing out possible flaws in what youve said.

*you can only counter an arguement once, although you can counter as many different peoples arguements as much as you want (but only once each). if someone's defense of their arguement isnt good it will count against them plus someone else might continue to question it in your place.

*You can use the same answer as a previous poster if you wish i.e you agree with their choice however its hard to win a debate when your making the same points someone has already made

each poster is marked out of 20 each round for a total of five rounds. If you miss a round (it happens) you can still submit an answer to that rounds question however because you missed the deadline in between rounds your late answer will only be marked out of 10.

Former Champs are Vince135792003, Rosie1977, Fozzy & Charlie Mchugh, will we have a two time champ or will a new contender emerge. Former guest host Danger Dave vowed to be the next champ...can you stop him!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Due to my poor enough performance last time, I have to make up for it this time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Good stuff Machismo.

BTW as per usual if anyone would like to PM me a question they would like asked/debated id be more than welcome to ask them and of course give cedited to the poster who contributed the question. Obviously if you are activley competing I wont be asking something you have suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

I'm in but I will probably finish last due to my sh1te luck as of late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'll try and stick with this after I lost on the last round last time having forgot to post an answer but it's during exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Count me in ! . Time to win this damn thing :) .

• Advertisement

Okay itl be interesting to see who takes part this time round and if any former champions return including will Fozzy defend his title... so here we go with a nice simple start
    ----

ATH:Round 1
    Q.What would you do with Jeff Hardy upon his return to TV from suspension? and why would this in your opinion be the right thing to do with him?

Jeff should return into a feud with Y2J, its natural progression as Y2J took the IC belt before Hardy left. Y2J is a good reliable worker for Hardy to come back against and regain some of that confidence and momentum that he had in January. That was the peak in Hardy's career so far.

I think the WWE Draft should be a factor in WWE this year. They should really shake things up. Hardy should then move to SD! with Kennedy, Umaga and Punk. Begin working with Punk with the MITB shot on the line and then move onto working with MVP as MVP has very little to do after Matt Hardy.

A move to SD! will give Hardy something new to do and bring an element of freshness to the WWE. Smackdown! has very little main event depth and their ratings have never lower, Hardy could bring in more fans to Smackdown! and give something new to the brand. A program with Edge wouldn't go astray either. Jeff Hardy could be the next mega-star he just has to be given the right people and has to get his act together.

Q.What would you do with Jeff Hardy upon his return to TV from suspension? and why would this in your opinion be the right thing to do with him?

Well, for one, I don't think the 60 day suspension is enough for someone who only has one warning left.They should make an example of him and slow his momentum. I think the momentum he had before he left should be used to propel someone else's push and considering Raw has too many faces ATM, HHH, Cena,HBK, Jericho and now even Kennedy has been turned, it should be a heel who gets the boost and that man is Regal.

I would delay Hardy's return until after Judgement day and the Regal Kennedy feud has ended with a Regal win. The next Raw have Hardy come back and demand his rematch with Y2J before Regal comes out and does his bit about being the most powerful man on Raw and nobody demands anything from him without begging when a brawl breaks out.

Have them have a usual Hardy programme before he got the massive push. Hardy has the best in the matches but Regal always gets the win by cheating somehow, effectively leading up to a PPV where if Hardy wins he gets an IC title shot and if not, Regal kicks him to Smackdown, but with some kind of enforcer to make sure Regal can't cheat, say Foley or Dreamer or some other trusted veteran. The programme builds up to an expected Hardy victory but Regal makes him tap, extending Regal's push and quashing Hardy's, sending a strong message to other's like Kennedy and Morrison who could be in his position if they broke the rules. There are plenty of big guys for Hardy to feud with on Smackdown to build him back up in a short time so there would be no long term harm to him

I would put him in a feud with Randy Orton to put Randy over in a short feud because you can't reward wrongdoing.
    It is interesting because they didn't say that he was suspended for breaking the wellness policy.
    It would have to be serious because it kept him out of Wrestlemania and almost certainly halted any main event spot by giving the MITB to CM Punk.

After this I would put him back in Intercontinental Title contention.
    I personally don't rate Jeff Hardy as a top performer but with the reactions he gets at every event you can hardly job him out to Carlito.

I would put him in a feud with Randy Orton to put Randy over in a short feud because you can't reward wrongdoing.

Its interesting you choose Orton as he really received the ultimate reward after all his wrong doing.

• Advertisement

In fairness he has been grand for the last year and a bit,thank god.
    But Jeff has been a prick for the last two years without stop.

If you would job him out anyone else who would it be?

Probably Umaga. He could do with a few big wins.

You would have to build Umaga up first by feeding him people like Cody Rhodes and make him a monster heel.You couldn't just give Umaga such a big win and have it lead up to a downfall.It would have to be a progressive build-up.

I believe progressive build and Umaga were thrown out a long time ago. Anytime Umaga was really gathering momentum they stopped him dead in his tracks with big defeats. He deserves better as he was one of the stand out performers of '07 despite losing all important matches.

I agree that Umaga was a stand-out but crowd reactions have not gone well for him.In other for him to get a heel or face reaction you have to give him a few wins and then gradually put him in title contention.

alright guys this isnt the Umaga thread

Yes but my point was whenever he was gathering momentum, he was jobbed out. To Cena, Lashley, HHH and Batista. Simple crush matches aren't going to do it anymore, he needs to start winning in big matches against big people and if you are going to punish Hardy(which I wouldn't as that might make him worse) at least help someone new get over in a big feud.

Okay I'm going out. Nows your chance Machismo Fan .

*you can only counter an arguement once, although you can counter as many different peoples arguements as much as you want (but only once each). if someone's defense of their arguement isnt good it will count against them plus someone else might continue to question it in your place.

not neccesarily countering each others arguements but come on guys this is a debate styled competition/game thread and I made the above rule so that the thread wouldent get sidetracked by personal arguements/discussions so lets save that for PMs

alright guys this isnt the Umaga thread

Just something to do between topics;)

• Advertisement

First off i would push him, we've seen people break the wellness program and still get pushed, also whats good for Jeff is good for the WWE.

I would get Jeff into a feud with Randy Orton after judgment day , he would lose to HHH. The next night on Raw, randy orton comes down to cut a promo complaining about HHH and how he got screwed the night before. Jeff hardy music hits !. He comes out tells orton he wants him in the ring tonight, He explains to orton that he's sick of him talking about it being the "Age of Orton" even though he lost is title and failed to regain the title. They have single but it ends with them both getting counted out. It marks the start of a run worth 2 ppv's. Orton win first dirty, and Jeff wins the second ppv match clean.

After this i would have him feud with CM punk for the Money in the Bank Title shot. The night after he beats Randy Orton. Jeff tells cm punk that if he the next big thing he should be willing to fight Jeff for his number 1 contender shot. jeff tells punk to pick any kind of match. CM punk picks a ladder match at the next ppv which would be the Great American bash. Jeff Hardy wins leads to a title push at Summerslam.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Draft Jeff to SD!, where he can fued with Edge. There has never been an actual one-on-one fued between the two, despite the history the've had - all the TLC'S, Jeff putting Edge out of MITB, the way Edge treated Matt etc.

The promo's would be great, I'd imagine Edge would take shots at Jeff's house burning down, which would give him unreal heat, and make the whole thing more personal. Jeff has shown improvment on the mic just before his suspension, as his promo's with Orton showed, and if he carries on his improvments, you could see the fued of the year. The most over face in the company against the most over heel.

Many of the tag-team matches the've had have been classics, and both are more than capable of putting on good to great matches. They have styles that work well together, they've worked together for nearly 2 decades. There would be no end to the type of gimmick matches they culd have.

After the fued, Jeff could then challenge for the WHC, and I believe there is more chance for Jeff to get a ME spot on SD! then the more star studded Raw. He could go up against Taker at WM - a repeat of their 2002 ladder match, where they proved they could work together.

Also, to the people who say "he should job out to punish him more".....he has been suspended for 60 days, THAT is his punishment for his actions. There is no point in punishing him further. Draw a line under the situation, and give him his 3rd and final chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Jeff Hardy has been punished. He does not need to be punished any more. However, he does need to show he can be trusted again. He had great momentum going when he got suspended, and when he returns he will still be hugely over with the fans. I would use this to my advantage by immediately putting him in the mix for the Intercontinental Championship.

First I would start with a classic: Multiple Challengers: have Santino Marella come out during raw, to announce his decision to challenge for the Intercontinental Title, but then, out comes Bob "Hardcore" Holly to put his name in the hat. Y2J (now moving well into heel territory) comes out to respond to the challenges, informing nobody deserves a title match against him, when all of a sudden Jeff Hardy comes out from the audience, twist of fate, brawl. Obviously this would lead into a series of matches between the 4 men, with Marella playing the cowardly heel, Holly being a workhorse, Y2J being the cocky bastard, and Jeff being the daredevil.

Jeff Hardy would eventually hold the title, winning it in a triple threat ladder match between Y2J, Holly, and Hardy. He would then go on to defend it against both Jericho and Holly, but also Carlito, and maybe umaga.

In my opinion while Jeff has been punished, he also has to show that the company can put their faith in him again. By being involved in the hunt for the IC championship he can show his professionalism while also helping to re-establish the IC title. Also Santino would get time in the ring with three veterans and would hopefully learn a move or two.

good few hours now till the 2nd round so time if any else wants to get in on this version of ATH or counter previous arguements although this round had a fairly straight forward question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I won't be taking part this time, I've got a project due this week and I'm trying to limit my distractions

Current Leaderboard
    Muff Daddy (18)
    Bubs101 (17)
    Danger Dave (17)
    Cactus Col (17)
    Machismo Fan (16)
    John Concannon (15)

----

here is something i posted in the first incarnation of ATH: can we please avoid argueing about scores im only human and not omnipotent (unfortunatley) plus if i had to justify why people got different scores in each round it would turn into a mess plus there are another few rounds in which im sure you will all get contrasting scores in.

However i will occasionally pick someone with a low score and give a bit of an explanation/advice that may apply to more than just themselves.

i.e John Concannon: A long answer does not make a good answer but some development is needed if you are going to get better scores than those around you. Only actually two lines in your post were about what you would do with Jeff upon his return (line1:feud him with Orton and line4:back in the IC title hunt) Sorry to Single you out but yours is just an example.

this round was also an example in some ways of how
    The host awards points for each response depending on how well argued their point is, not neccesarily if he agrees with their point (although that helps) but how well they back up their argument.

ATH:Round 2
    Q.This was posted in Round 1
    I think the WWE Draft should be a factor in WWE this year. They should really shake things up.
    so, If you were in charge of the WWE Draft 2008 and each brand got 3 draft picks, how would you realistically shake things up and create a sense of freshness on all 3brands? and why would you make these draft choices?

~~~~~~~~
    As there have not been a huge amount of applicants this time I am going to follow the lead of former geust host Danger Dave and allow late entry for people so until Round 2 is over answers for Round 1 will still be accepted.

Round 2: If you were in charge of the WWE Draft 2008 and each brand got 3 draft picks, how would you realistically shake things up and create a sense of freshness on all 3brands? and why would you make these draft choices?

This is a complex question so i am going to break it into 3 rounds, each getting a pick in each round.

First off i would set up the draft differently. I would make the brands fight for draft picks. As in For the the first round we would have a triple threat elimination matches last man standing gets the first round draft pick for the draft. It would start on raw, with all general managers there, 1st round match would be on Raw then the 2nd round draft pick round would be on Smackdown and finally ECW for the final draft pick match. The Draft pick would commence on the Raw after all the matches. This would allow all the GM's to travel around after the other shows during the matches to do promo's with the possible picks.

ECW win the First Match. Cm Punk vs Randy Orton vs Batista
    Round 1 - 1st pick ECW, 2nd pick Smackdown 3 pick Raw.

Raw win 2 match, which is on smackdown. HHH vs Undertaker vs Kane
    Raw 1st pick, 2nd pick ECW , 3rd pick Smackdown

Smackdown win 3rd match. Which is on Ecw. Matt Hardy vs Chavo Guerrero vs Mr Kennedy.

(All these matches would push the ratings of shows and really keep people interest up till the ppv after the draft at least, then thigns may settle down again. This Setup would give all 3 brands Maximum exposure )

First Round
    ECW Pick Mickie James (C)! The stipulation of the pick is that the title stays with Mickie James. It would add another belt to ECW/smackdown and it would give a chance for the women of smackdown and ECW for more wrestling time.( This is something the WWE would do, and im trying to be realistic with the picks that ECW would actually get)
    Smack Down Pick JBL ! . After a feud with Cena that will most likely end in him losing, he will need a fresh start. Smackdown needs credible heels, Can easily challenge for the Title against Undertaker/Batista/Edge !.
    Raw Pick The Big Show ! ( He's not getting a good run at smackdown , fighting Khali/Mark Henry. not good enough, a Raw run for the title against HHH or a Feud with Cena Strong man angle finishing in a steel cage match or something could really boost the Big show or anyone he's fighting.

Second Round
    Raw pick John Morrison ! ( Time for John Morrison to step up into the IC title fight with Jeff hardy/ Jericho/Kennedy) it will further develop him as a wrestler and hes gets some much needed exposure on the main show. He would of course have to drop the tag title with the Miz )
    ECW pick Umaga, First Armando Estrada will manage him again, he can feud with Kane for the title for a time, while at the same time can be used to job/ or be the bulldozer on smackdown for say Vickie)
    Smackdown pick Chavo guererro This is to further Develop the Edge/vickie/Chavo Stable, helps to attack undertaker, starts to feud with matt hardy for the US title. Forces Matt Hardy/Undertaker to tag against Edge/Chavo/ the edge Heads etc. )

Third Round
    Smackdown pick HBK ! ( Billed as the pick of the Draft ! Allows the batista feud to continue, which was bubbling into what could potentially be a classic feud. It will also create a top tier division on smackdown that is balanced and full of genuine stars. Also a HBK/edge feud, Undertaker/HBK, JBL/HBK. HBK is the top guy to get 5 star matches out of other people in my opinion)
    Raw pick CM Punk (Its on the cards anyway with the MITB, this just makes it offical , and him to work constantly with raws top performers, with him still floating between the 3 brands) Also it allows for the John Morrison/ Punk feud to re-ignite. perphas for a shot at the MITB)
    ECW pick Finlay ! ( Finlay is a seasoned pro, and ECW have alot of young wrestlers , he can work more closely with them and still feud with Kane/Umaga, and he is still tied with Smackdown)

With all the matches leading up to the Draft picks, the promo's of the GM's , Wrestlers bargaining to stay on there existing shows, it would add a great deal of hype to the draft and to the show containing the draft picks.

P.S My longest answer to ATH .

Round 2: If you were in charge of the WWE Draft 2008 and each brand got 3 draft picks, how would you realistically shake things up and create a sense of freshness on all 3brands? and why would you make these draft choices?

For the purposes of this question, I'm going to treat Smackdown and ECW as two seperate brands .... which they are supposed to be. I am also assuming that belt holders are ineligible, as is CM Punk, as he can challenge any champion with his money in the bank contract.

There would be three rounds of draft picks, with each brand rotating positions so they all get a first choice in different rounds, with the weakest brand first.

First I will show what draft picks would be made, and then break down the why's and wherefor's for each brand after.

Round 1:
    ECW draft pick: John Cena
    Smackdown draft pick: HBK
    Raw draft pick: Batista

Round 2:
    Smackdown draft pick: Chavo Guerrero
    Raw draft pick: Mark Henry
    ECW draft pick: Umaga

Round 3
    Raw draft pick: MVP
    ECW draft pick:Rey Mysterio
    Smackdown draft pick: London & Kendrick

ECW:

The first ECW draft pick obviously is not going to happen, however, this will pave the way for a situation similar to the 2004 draft where Cena will be traded back to Raw for the Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly, with William Regal vacating the tag title to make this trade possible. Holly had a good run on ECW before his momentum was killed by a move to Raw. A return to ECW would give the brand a good worker, who could realistically step up to Kane, while also giving Rhodes a more forgiving proving grounds for him to learn. It may also result in at least a one night ratings increase where ECW can showcase just what they have to offer.

With Big Daddy V out for the forseeable future Matt Striker has nothing to do, so why not pair him up with Umaga. Umaga has done most of what he can do on Raw, to save his gimmick from going completely cold, he could be moved to ECW. This will keep him out of view from most wwe viewers, while also helping to give more credibility to ecw as a brand.

A Rey Mysterio move to ecw is much more realistic than John Cena, and with Vickie Guerrero's animosity to him, it is a move she would likely allow happen. Rey would benefit from the lighter schedule and could help bring younger wrestlers on. He could feud with John Morrison, the Miz, and Shelton Benjamin quite easily. As well as playing the under dog to Umaga. Again this would aslo gain ECW a lot of credibility, and maybe help improve those ratings.

Smackdown:
    HBK is a no brainer. He is a legend. Feud him with the Undertaker, Edge, and MVP. HBK could easily become THE FACE of Smackdown.

Chavo to smackdown strenghtens the mid card quite a bit, he could immediately feud with Matt Hardy and MVP for the US Title. This can also play into the Vickie Guerrero / Edge stable, as they can consolidate their power on one show, while also getting rid of several of the factions enemies to the other brands (Mysterio and Batista.

London & Kendrick. These chaps are talented wrestlers, who had great momentum going until they were picked up by Raw. A move back to smackdown would give an extra bit of life to the smackdown tag division.

Raw:
    Batista has done enough on smackdown. With Smackdown drafting HBK, and ECW drafting John Cena (at least for the night) then they need a big name back in, and so Batista makes the transition. He has done what he can on Smackdown, he's feuded with the top heels, and worked with Undertaker several times .... Now it's time to return to where he began, on raw. He can feud with triple H, Cena ... Or as a face with Orton and JBL. It'll keep him and Raw fresh.

Mark Henry. Well, with the loss of Umaga Raw needs another monster, and mark henry certainly fits the bill. Regal can draft in henry and use him as a body guard. Also, with recent history between Henry and Michael Hayes this could be a good way of keeping the two men apart, without it seeming like a demotion to Henry.

MVP. Raw needs some decent mid card talent, and after a great feud with Matt Hardy, MVP could move quickly onto a great feud with Jeff Hardy over the Intercontinental Championship. This would help bring credibility to the title, and a fresh face to mix up the mid card.

Cactus Col wrote: »

ECW:

The first ECW draft pick obviously is not going to happen, however, this will pave the way for a situation similar to the 2004 draft where Cena will be traded back to Raw for the Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly, with William Regal vacating the tag title to make this trade possible. Holly had a good run on ECW before his momentum was killed by a move to Raw. A return to ECW would give the brand a good worker, who could realistically step up to Kane, while also giving Rhodes a more forgiving proving grounds for him to learn. It may also result in at least a one night ratings increase where ECW can showcase just what they have to offer.

This just seems to be the waste of the draft to add excitement. Cena gets picked, but then is traded back for Rhodes/Holly ?. Seems like a cope out, and why take out them out of the raw tag division when there helping finally to get it back on track.

• Advertisement

This just seems to be the waste of the draft to add excitement. Cena gets picked, but then is traded back for Rhodes/Holly ?. Seems like a cope out, and why take out them out of the raw tag division when there helping finally to get it back on track.

Well, I was thinking, if I were general manager of a brand, who would I choose with my first draft pick?

Of course I'd go for the biggest superstar I could get my hands on. In terms of kayfabe it's one of few things that would makes sense as a draft pick. (And I know pro wrestling doesn't always make sense). It would bring attention to ECW, the kind of attention that they have been lacking for a long time.

Of course there is no way Cena could join ECW as permament member of the roster, however, a couple of weeks on there would do him no harm. As I said it may improve the ratings and give ECW a chance to showcase itself to a larger audience.

So a short term concession may lead to better business.

As a tag team, I'm not excited by Rhodes and Holly at all. I feel that them holding the titles has actually weakened the tag division rather than improved it. The belts would be better around the waist of a more established team (ie the highlanders, cryme time, or Cade & Murdoch).

I will concede that Rhodes and Holly probably wouldn't be big enough names for the trade so a third superstar would probably have to be thrown into the mix ... although I'm not sure yet.

WWE DRAFT 2008

Round One
    RAW=MVP
    SMACKDOWN=MR.KENNEDY
    ECW=MARK HENRY

Round Two
    RAW=BATISTA
    SMACKDOWN=CM PUNK
    ECW=LANCE CADE

Round Three
    RAW=REY MYSTERIO
    SMACKDOWN=UMAGA
    ECW=DH SMITH

Upon arrival MVP would be put in a feud with Chris Jericho over IC Title.Mvp would win.Kennedy would be made suprise no.1 contender for Undertaker(he will regain the title.)Umaga would feud with some jobber.Mark Henry would join up with Striker and Big Daddy V.Cm Punk would wait for Wrestlemania to cash in MITB.Batista would feud with Triple H.Lance Cade would be built up to be respectable superstar.Rey would be put in the IC Title contendership.DH Smith would be built up again so he could be a future star.

Since the draft has to coincide with the plot of the WWE and assuming it's not done by random, all of the pics would be in the GM's best interests to keep Kayfabe in order. The Draft also has to serve what the brands need most

Smackdown needs stars quickly. All they do is recycle Batista, Taker and Edge into all of their main events.

Raw needs to clear some space at the main event in order to make room for the younger promising wrestlers to get more time on the best show fighting for the IC title.

ECW needs to make itself interesting and have some wrestlers that make it worth tuning into who exclusively show up on ECW alone.

I also believe that trading between ECW and Smackdown is pointless

So this is how I would do it. Vickie would represent Edge's interest and Edge tells her that he needs some help to take down Taker so he gets in someone who he knows can do the job and who he has worked with before

Smackdown's first pick: Randy Orton

William Regal hypes up his pick beyond all belief but seeing as he is a wrestler he would obviously not want to add to his competition

Raw's first pick: Kelly Kelly

Estrada claims that he has no influence in ECW and he needs somebody to enforce his will.

ECW's first pick: Umaga.

As with all draft's, they take place on a special interbrand Raw with matches inbetween. The first (and only one of note) is Rated RKO against the Miz and Morrison for the belts so Vicky can keep these belts on Smackdown. Rated RKO look like their about to win when Estrada sends Umaga down to take out Edge and Orton to keep the belts on ECW. Vickie tries to intervene and gets Samoan Dropped by Umaga, sending her to hospital. No result in the match.

Regal claims that the Raw superstars (i.e. himself) need more opportunities like MITB and makes a match tonight. Regal vs. his new pick with the case on the line

Raw's 2nd pick: CM Punk

Estrada claims that in order for ECW to compete with Smackdown they need strong young superstars who are not afraid to speak their minds and who know how to defeat Smackdown's best

ECW's 2nd pick: Mr. Kennedy

With Vickie gone the choice falls to Teddy Long who, despite Edge's pleadings to pick Maria drafts a former World Champion to Smackdown

Smackdown's 2nd pick: John Cena

Estrada returns and once again emphasizes the rivalry with Smackdown. He claims that Smackdown would never beat ECW in the ratings if Rey Mysterio didn't appeal to the Latino fans. He says that ECW needs their own high flying Mexican.

ECW's 3rd pick: Super Crazy

Teddy comes back out with Edge and starts waxing lyrical about how it's good to be back. Edge is encouraging him to speak until Teddy realises that Edge is stalling until Vicky comes back. Just before Vicky gets back to the ring and despite Edge's best effort Teddy makes his final choice

Smackdown's 3rd pick: The returning Jeff Hardy

Vicky comes back and grabs a mic. She tries to rescind the picks to no avail when she starts criticizing Raw's GM for not having adequate security to prevent such attacks as the one that she suffered. She says that Regal is not fit for his job. As he makes his way into the ring she continues to insult him until Regal grabs the mic. He tells her that she is going to regret her words.

Raw's 3rd pick: Edge

This draft has multiple reasons. Most importantly, it finally seperates Edge and Vickie. Secondly, it gives Smackdown 3 new main eventers and maybe more importantly, puts Batista and Cena on the same show in preperation for WM 25.It gets Punk out of ECW but gives it more than enough star power to replace him in Kennedy and Umaga. WWE can finally put Kelly Kelly over as their top diva now she's on their top show

I think WWE would be stupid to draft a top draw to ECW, they should keep it as a developmental brand with a good TV deal and great wrestling.

ECW: 1: Jamie Noble

This guy is a superb wrestler and is being wasted in the cruiserweightless Smackdown. He could have great matches with the likes of Punk, Morrison, Kingston, Burke and Benjamin. It could create alot of options.

2: Cody Rhodes

Cody is losing valuable time in the poor WWE tag division, I think he has great potential and his development can continue on ECW.

3: Super Crazy

He is super, he is crazy, he is SUPER CRAZY. He is also a very exciting wrestler that could have great matches with just about anyone on the ECW roster.

Smackdown!:1. Jeff Hardy

Hardy with the right people can become the next mega star. The kids love him. He could feud with my other two draft picks, MVP, maybe a friendly rivalry with Matt and of course Edge. Hardy has a lot of talent and can easily get the crowd going, give him the ball and let him run with it.

2. Mr. Kennedy

He is dying on the red brand, remember when we all cared about Kennedy when he was on Smackdown!. Let him go back to that.

3. HBK

I think he has done all there is to do on Raw. He can bring more people to Smackdown and a feud with MVP would be good.

RAW: 1. CM Punk

He has too much drawing potential to be stuck in the Land of Extreme. He is the next big thing and should be treated that way. Put him against Orton, Y2J, Umaga and Regal and slowly build him as one of the top men in the company.

2. Batista

The 'Animal' needs something else to do. People are getting sick of him so a heel run on Raw would be good.

3. Rey Mysterio

Mysterio has been on Smackdown! for five years now and he needs to go else where. Big feuds with Batista, Punk, Regal, Y2J and Umaga(maybe HHH to) would add something new to the red brand.

As you can see I gave no one big to ECW as this is not going to save the brand. Make ECW the better wrestling brand with good athletic, young talent and use that to build ECW. Raw and Smackdown have to share big draws instead of Raw taking Lashley, Kennedy and London and Kendrick and giving back no one of any interest.

The biggest problem I have with everyone's draft picks (apart from mine of course) is CM Punk.

So I suppose this is a counter to everyone..... (is that allowed? or do I have to write individual counters?!)

I just don't see why anybody would pick him while he has the mitb contract. He can cash that in at any time for any title. So Raw may draft him on the Monday, on Friday Punk could still cash in his title and fight for the World Heavyweight title on Smackdown, if he wins it he's now a smackdown superstar.

It just seems to be too much of a waste of a draft pick when MVP or Jeff Hardy, or any number of other wrestlers could be picked instead.

The reason is fairly obvious for me. With the other MITB winners they wanted to keep the case in the spotlight. Be it Kennedy's promo's or RVD's defenses, you were constantly reminded that it was an active part of the dynamic of the WWE. I don't see how you can keep the suitcase in the minds of everybody on ECW when nobody watcges it. Also, seeing as he isn't even ECW champ, when he stays on that show he couldn't cash it in credibly in my eyes.

As for the other arguments.

Dave, don't see why you would move the womens belt. Not only does the Raw roster have more talent in that department but ECW only has 1 hour and it would lose even more people if they thought that a 3rd of that would be women wrestling. It's bad enough that the ECWers have to share their spotlight with Smackdown. Also, in regards to the Big Show, it's a bit too early to move him. He hasn't even had a title feud yet and his big feuds will come (Taker, Edge, MVP, Rey, Batista)

Cactus, John Cena is worth alot more than cody and Holly, even if you add somebody else. Keep in mind Triple H was traded back for Booker and the Dudleys and that went down horribly.

John, you have just raped Smackdown of it's talent. You took away Rey, MVP and Batista and didn't replace them with one Main eventer. The ones you replace them with are talented but Batista and Rey are main eventers and MVP is effectively now by virtue of holding their second belt for around a year

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »

Cactus, John Cena is worth alot more than cody and Holly, even if you add somebody else. Keep in mind Triple H was traded back for Booker and the Dudleys and that went down horribly.

I have to concede that. Originally I had the highlanders coming across to ecw too, but then that would take too much away from the raw tag scene. Looking back I should've thrown Super Crazy in the mix too, I'd pretty much just forgotten about him.
    However I do believe it could work with just Holly and Rhodes. One wrestler for the tag champs? Why not!

Cactus Col wrote: »

So I suppose this is a counter to everyone..... (is that allowed? or do I have to write individual counters?!)

It would be allowed, however it means you cannot counter any other points in anyones answer whom traded Punk as you have already counterd their arguement once.

another few hours left in this round then ill post R3 (scores may be after, as im only just back from work)

Current Leaderboard
    Muff Daddy (18) ...can have until the end of today to post 2nd answer
    Bubs101 (34)
    Danger Dave (34)
    Cactus Col (34)
    Machismo Fan (34)
    John Concannon (31)

----

havent intentionally got everyone so close just happened that way tbh.

Round 1 and Round 2 were very straight forward and answers were fairly similar so as i stated after Q1 its mostly how you backed up your answers that was important. Therefore Q3 ive made sure will get diverse answers

----
    ATH:Round
    Q.Often Heel turns follow screwjobs i.e one person unexpectidley screws over an ally (be it a tag-partner or just respected peer) and Boom, they've turned heel, so if you were to suggest a current member of the WWE Roster to turn heel after a screwjob, who would you suggest? who would they screw? and how would the angle go down?

~~~~~~~~

CM PUNK would screw Undertaker after Undertaker gets the win over Edge at Judgement Day in a thirty minute grueling encounter.

Undertaker would be dejected after the match and CM Punk's music would play.He would cash in the MITB to take on Taker.He would destroy Taker would a chair shot before the match.Punk would use a weapon to help secure the victory.

Babyface Taker would lose his title and the fans would hate Punk.Punk would hold on to the title for a short time after Taker beats him in a rematch.

This would elevate Punk and all Boards.ie Pro-Wrestling posters would realize his greatness and all posters would realise that Bounty Hunter's marking scheme is as pointless as Chris Master's being a world leader in technical wrestling...NOT FECKING LIKELY

QOften Heel turns follow screwjobs i.e one person unexpectidley screws over an ally (be it a tag-partner or just respected peer) and Boom, they've turned heel, so if you were to suggest a current member of the WWE Roster to turn heel after a screwjob, who would you suggest? who would they screw? and how would the angle go down?.

Quick question here. Does the screwjob have to be a heel turn or can it be a heel on heel turn making the victim a face?

• Advertisement

via screwjob ill allow a face victum turn

QOften Heel turns follow screwjobs i.e one person unexpectidley screws over an ally (be it a tag-partner or just respected peer) and Boom, they've turned heel, so if you were to suggest a current member of the WWE Roster to turn heel after a screwjob, who would you suggest? who would they screw? and how would the angle go down?

Well, for this answer I considered three real possibilities. The most exciting of whom, I feel is Batista. During his feud with the undertake last year I feel we were teased slightly with a batista turn. Now is the time to make good on that.

I would have him screw over both HBK and The Undertaker at Unforgiven. After several minutes of intense fighting between the Animal and the Heartbreak Kid, Edge would come down to the ring, sit beside Mick Foley and Cole and start commentating. The usual stuff, complaining about batista.

Towards the end of the match, just after HBK has kicked out of a two count, the ref gets bumped, Edge takes his chance and heads for the ring, chair in hand. Batista sees Edge, and just avoids being smashed in the face with the chair. Unfortunately a still groggy Shawn Michaels gets whacked in the face, and goes down. Batista goes to spear Edge, but another chair shot puts him down. He falls on top of HBK, the ref manages to crawl over, and counts to three, Batista wins!

Later in the show during the main event, Edge and Undertaker are involved in a knockabout brawl. The Familia are surrounding the ring, and keep taking cheap shots on the undertaker every chance they get. Obviously Edge throws Undertaker outside the ring everychance he gets. All of a sudden Batista's ring music hits ..... seems like he's coming for some revenge!

Ryder and Hawkins run up the runway to meet him, but Bam! they go down easily ... Chavo and Bam Neely steer clear keeping on the far side of the ring from him.

Now Undertaker is clear to win this fair and square ....he hits Edge with a choke slam .... KICKOUT! But Edge is still groggy ... Undertaker signals for the tombstone piledriver, picks Edge up ... but BAM! Batista delivers a chairshot to the back of the head! Chavo, Bam Neely, and Batista deliver kicks to the downed taker, while Edge recovers. A conchairto from Batista and Edge. The Ref disqualifies Edge, but the title is still vacant. Batista and Edge stand over taker as the show closes. On Smackdown Batista reveals that he was sick and tired of losing, of battling against the odds, now, the odds are on his side.

His feud with HBK will obviously continue, while obviously fighting with Taker, Finlay, Matt Hardy, Big Show. Batista is built up as the unstoppable bastard that he is. He will dominate the royal rumble and choose to fight Cena for the WWE title at mania.

Q.Often Heel turns follow screwjobs i.e one person unexpectidley screws over an ally (be it a tag-partner or just respected peer) and Boom, they've turned heel, so if you were to suggest a current member of the WWE Roster to turn heel after a screwjob, who would you suggest? who would they screw? and how would the angle go down?

I would turn CM Punk at Judgement Day. CM Punk and Kane will face John Morrison and The Miz for the Tag Titles(announced on WWE.com).

So when Kane is about to become a double champion when he chokeslams The Miz and covers him, then Punk nails Kane with a chair to break up the pin. Kane will have been triple teamed to lose and Morrison, Miz and Punk will form a new stable to take over ECW and Smackdown!. Maybe joining forces with Edge and ruling the WWE.

This would lead to a natural feud with Kane and perhaps reclaims the ECW title in the process before looking towards The Undertaker.

Round 3 : Often Heel turns follow screw jobs i.e one person unexpectidley screws over an ally (be it a tag-partner or just respected peer) and Boom, they've turned heel, so if you were to suggest a current member of the WWE Roster to turn heel after a screw job, who would you suggest? who would they screw? and how would the angle go down?

A: I would turn John Cena !. First Yes he might be the companies biggest face, but the boo's are getting louder when he comes out . The last big pop he got was the Royal Rumble. Its time to turn him heel. To start , his match at judgment day is the perfect start, have Cena win the match dirty, either a low blow, or a chair shot when the referee takes a bumb. Monday Night on Raw, the main event is a tag team match, HHH and John Cena vs JBL and Umaga. (Randy Orton after losing at judgment day is not on Raw) The match starts with John cena vs Umaga, it goes back and forth, HHH gets tagged in. HHH eventually gets isolated , but he lands a spinebuster on umaga, he goes to tag cena in but just as he's about to , John Cena walks away, and watches from the ramp as JBL and Umaga take out the world champion.

The next week on Raw , willaim regal comes out and announces before last weeks tag match, John Cena had signed a contract for a title match against HHH at One night Stand. John Cena's music hits, he walks down to the ring, and announces to the wwe, that hes finished beign the all dance all amercian stragiht arrow. He states that all its got him over the last year is get him injuried by Randy Orton to lose his title, Losing the Triple Threat at WrestleMania, Losing at Backlash. He realized if he wants the the WWE title back, he needs to whatever it takes, it doesnt matter what you stupid fat fans think either. Its All about him now.

This Feud will conclude at Summerslam. Over these months this will cement Cena as the Top Heel on Raw, he will win the title at One night Stand , but lose it the next PPV. After being stuck as a Face to long, the heat he generated by him will be Massive. A Good feud with Jericho/HBK/ can be developed after summerslam.

Also the promo's that John Cena can cut as a heel will be much better. Than the weak promo's as a Face.

Round 3 : Often Heel turns follow screw jobs i.e one person unexpectidley screws over an ally (be it a tag-partner or just respected peer) and Boom, they've turned heel, so if you were to suggest a current member of the WWE Roster to turn heel after a screw job, who would you suggest? who would they screw? and how would the angle go down?

At the moment, I think the wrestling roster is quite well balanced in terms of heels, faces and the fact that ATM there are alot of tweeners than normal. I don't think any of the wrestlers are crying out for a turn one way or the other. However, the commentary teams are. JBL's return to the ring has really highlighted the amount of face commentators. King, JR, Tazz, Micheal Cole, Foley and Adamle are all faces. To fix this I would turn Tazz into a heel.

The fact that it could be executed without any ridiculous angles is a big plus. Adamle is a pathetic commentator and Tazz constantly has to cover for him. I would continue this trend for a couple of weeks with Adamle's mistakes getting worse and worse (the embarresing lines may have to be scripted but if Adamle can come up with more gold like "Jamaican me Crazy Kofi" they could be safe)

At the Judgement day PPV during the ECW tag title match I would have Adamle get absolutely ridiculous. After making many notable mistakes during the match he then announces the wrong winner which makes Tazz flip. Tazz drags him into the ring, nails him with a couple of weapons, then waits till he gets up and locks in a Tazzmission for a bit too long and Adamle is KO'd in the ring.

At the begginig of the next ECW Tazz comes out and berates Adamle for making him look bad constantly and that he's fed up for covering for him. He demands that Adamle come to the ring to apologize. Adamle comes out, apologizes when Tazz locks in the Tazzmission again until Adamle passed out and proceeds to call the show himself, making references to how good it feels to be free. The next week while calling a show together Adamle makes another mistake calling the main event between Punk and Morrison, misnaming his finisher. Tazz is about to kick his ass when Morrison does it for him. Just before he can put him through a table Punk takes him down. I would have the feud end at the next PPV with a MITB match with Adamle in Punk's corner and the Tazz and Mike "the" Miz in Morrisons. Punk would pick up the win after Tazz and Miz's attempts at cheating Punk out of the case are thwarted by Adamle and a chair.

One of the reasons this feud would work so well is that every minute ECW is on air, the feud would be to. Every mistake Adamle made would accompany a punch. There would be constant tension and it would add atmosphere to every match.

There would be many benefits of this feud as well. For one, it would help get Adamle over with the fans. Number two, Tazz would get back in the ring (although only to give his finisher due to injury limitations). Thirdly, it would give the WWE the heel commentator it badly needs. It would also give Adamle alot of experience and a big settling in time if the genuine mistakes he made could be made to look like part of a script

Bubs101 wrote: »

There would be many benefits of this feud as well. For one, it would help get Adamle over with the fans. Number two, Tazz would get back in the ring (although only to give his finisher due to injury limitations). Thirdly, it would give the WWE the heel commentator it badly needs. It would also give Adamle alot of experience and a big settling in time if the genuine mistakes he made could be made to look like part of a script

I agree in principle that a commentator needs to turn heel, but i do not believe that Tazz against adamle could work, he's new into his role as commentator , and if the the angle gets physical to soon into the angle, it would make the commentary on ECW unworkable, Tazz beat adamle twice, which means he wouldnt be working on the shows he got attacked. How would it be resolved in the end?, do you switch Tazz to smackdown/raw?, they need to get back working together somehow.

I agree in principle that a commentator needs to turn heel, but i do not believe that Tazz against adamle could work, he's new into his role as commentator , and if the the angle gets physical to soon into the angle, it would make the commentary on ECW unworkable, Tazz beat adamle twice, which means he wouldnt be working on the shows he got attacked. How would it be resolved in the end?, do you switch Tazz to smackdown/raw?, they need to get back working together somehow.

But Adamle is dying out there and they need to do something to solve it.They tried Tazz siding with him and it didn't work. It's killing two birds with one stone. If Adamle is characterised as a victim of bullying by someone who's meant to be mentoring him the fans will get behind him and forgive him his mistakes. As for Tazz beating Adamle making commentary unworkable, anybody who watches knows two things. Number 1, commentary without Adamle would be better and number 2. The Miz has done very well when he has guested there and if needs be, he could fill in.

Also, to be honest, I don't think it does make the commentary unworkable, if anything it makes it more interesting when the two hate each other. Take Heyman and JR when they were on together (and I realise the hate was not only kayfabe). They despised each other, showed it and the commentary if anything was better than what came before. In the long run I would swap Foley and Tazz but that's only because Tazz is too good for ECW and regardless, that's far and beyond what the question was

Current Leaderboard
    Danger Dave (51)
    Cactus Col (51)
    Machismo Fan (50)
    Bubs101 (50)
    John Concannon (46)

Muff Daddy (18)

----

John Concannon- Believe it or not your not the fist person to criticise my marking (although everytime it has been the person with the lowest mark) but like i said the first time i posted scores: im only human and not omnipotent (unfortunatley) and not everyone is going to be happy with how I score rounds ... although i also said to you that: A long answer does not make a good answer but some development is needed if you are going to get better scores than those around you. And I think if your honest you'd admit that the other posters have developed/backed up their answers more so than yourself even when at times you have had decent ideas.

Bubs: not really a criticism but i think the commentry thing could work say If Taz was to head to Smackdown after going heel on Adamle locking in the Tazmission in the ring etc (stating he cant work with such incompetence anymore) and when there continue to act heelish in what he says (making him a proper replacement for JBL) while M.Cole or more Likely Foley was to move to ECW. However that would make ECW even more so a development show where even the commentators seems to be learning their trade.
    ----
    ATH:Round
    Q4.Assuming that next year's Wrestlemania has as one of its main events Hulk Hogan's last ever match just like this year had Ric Flair's.

How would you build it up? Who would he feud with? And finally how would it it culminate?

(question suggested by former ATH champ Vince135792003)
    ~~~~~~~~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

(question suggested by former ATH champ Vince135792003)

For future reference, I prefer the following words to former: inaugural, original, greatest, manliest and legendary.

Anyway, back to the question.

I'm out.It seems even when I make good points I still get **** for points.If Bubs or Danger Dave had my arguements(and it's nothing against them) they would get better points.
    In fairness Bounty Hunter if your going to critisize peoples posts for ''DEVELOPMENT'' you should use a better points scheme.

• Advertisement
Advertisement