Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do? Meteor/o2 screw up.

Options
  • 03-05-2008 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I've been a Meteor customer for about two years now, before that (using the same number) an o2 customer for about 6 months, and before that a Vodafone customer for another two years.

Now yesterday I woke up and looked at my phone, at about 8 that morning I'd received a message saying 'Thanks for choosing o2, please insert your o2 simcard into your phone.'

... Since the background still said meteor, and I'd full reception, and I could check my credit I dismissed it. Anyway long story short, on discovering I couldn't make/receive calls/messages I went into a meteor shop. They said there was nothing they could do and to call customer services, they tell me my number has been ported to the o2 network, and to call them ask to speak to a manager and get changed back. I call into an o2 store, and they tell me, the only thing I can do is go to meteor and ask them to bring me back to meteor.

So I called (meteor) customer services again and was told that my problem would be given in detail to a technical support team and sorted within 24hours. This morning on turning on my phone, the reception has gone down and it appears my number has been completely ported and I've lost my meteor account (can't login online).

Would you wait it out to see if they do get the issue resolved themselves or call into a store and demand they sort it out? Would you call meteor or o2?

It's not fair I should have to pay €20 to buy a new sim card to change back to meteor when I didn't do anything to bring this about, the screw up seems to have been o2's fault. Maybe I should call up their customer service as well? They weren't very helpful in store, and I was speaking to their manager.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I've been a Meteor customer for about two years now, before that (using the same number) an o2 customer for about 6 months, and before that a Vodafone customer for another two years.

Now yesterday I woke up and looked at my phone, at about 8 that morning I'd received a message saying 'Thanks for choosing o2, please insert your o2 simcard into your phone.'

... Since the background still said meteor, and I'd full reception, and I could check my credit I dismissed it. Anyway long story short, on discovering I couldn't make/receive calls/messages I went into a meteor shop. They said there was nothing they could do and to call customer services, they tell me my number has been ported to the o2 network, and to call them ask to speak to a manager and get changed back. I call into an o2 store, and they tell me, the only thing I can do is go to meteor and ask them to bring me back to meteor.

So I called (meteor) customer services again and was told that my problem would be given in detail to a technical support team and sorted within 24hours. This morning on turning on my phone, the reception has gone down and it appears my number has been completely ported and I've lost my meteor account (can't login online).

Would you wait it out to see if they do get the issue resolved themselves or call into a store and demand they sort it out? Would you call meteor or o2?

It's not fair I should have to pay €20 to buy a new sim card to change back to meteor when I didn't do anything to bring this about, the screw up seems to have been o2's fault. Maybe I should call up their customer service as well? They weren't very helpful in store, and I was speaking to their manager.
    check that you have topped up within the last 6months if you are on pre-pay and that meteor have not cut off your account and number for some reason and if not then stick with meteor as you are their customer.

go into the store and ask why and how your number was ported and who authorised this activity and tell them to reinstate fully your account including all credit/offers like free texts. it is possible that some phone store employee has given the wrong number while porting someone elses number!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 amoeba_girl

Thanks yeah, though when I asked why this happened meteor said it was o2's fault and o2 weren't really willing to listen. They just threw a sim card at me and said go back to meteor. So I should go back in store in stead of just waiting??

Thanks yeah, though when I asked why this happened meteor said it was o2's fault and o2 weren't really willing to listen. They just threw a sim card at me and said go back to meteor. So I should go back in store in stead of just waiting??
    well i think you should go to the meteor store and ask them to deal with this as your account was with meteor,

but if they seem unwilling or too busy to look after a customer problem you could try ringing customer care and email them with full details of the issue! as they will look onto it and resolve it asap but it is likely to take a few days either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Someone would have had to go into o2 or an o2 dealer and request the port.
    A CAF (customer authorisation form) would have to be signed. I would ring up o2 customer care and find out how the number was moved onto their network as it wasn't done with your consent.

It's o2's problem anyway.

Good luck!

the port could have been done over the phone in any phone store and is most likely a mistake by a shop employee or whoever was porting the number used the wrong number?
    it would seem better to send meteor a polite email asking them to sort this out as who made the mistake is not as important as getting your service resumed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Please please kick up a fuss about this. One of my pet hates about the porting system is the lack of verification and how easy it is for someone to make a mistake and screw you over.

Do stick with Meteor as this isn't their problem though, as far as I know it's an agreement comreg have in place (open to correction on this).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭culabula88

foggy_lad wrote: »
    the port could have been done over the phone in any phone store and is most likely a mistake by a shop employee or whoever was porting the number used the wrong number?
    it would seem better to send meteor a polite email asking them to sort this out as who made the mistake is not as important as getting your service resumed.

Its not meteors fault , its O2s as they are they ones who requested the number to be ported.Giving out to meteor aint going to solve it. simple solution is ring meteor explain what happened and ask them to port you back if possible onto your original sim. or even ring O2 and ask them to do a port reversal.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

culabula88 wrote: »
    Its not meteors fault , its O2s as they are they ones who requested the number to be ported.Giving out to meteor aint going to solve it. simple solution is ring meteor explain what happened and ask them to port you back if possible onto your original sim. or even ring O2 and ask them to do a port reversal.

It might not(definitely not, tbh) be meteors fault but all they had to do in the first place was a port resume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

SDooM wrote: »
    It might not(definitely not, tbh) be meteors fault but all they had to do in the first place was a port resume?
    Poor level of knowledge all round it would seem :(

random wrote: »
    Poor level of knowledge all round it would seem :(

Yes. Meteor just needed the OP to sign a CAF form and port resume. This would all have been over.

There is a possibility, in the networks defence, that an incorrect number was written on an O2 caf form by a customer, which is why the OP's no was ported.

Anywho OP, you should be able to resume usage with your Meteor sim, dont know why they havent sorted you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

There is a possibility, in the networks defence, that an incorrect number was written on an O2 caf form by a customer, which is why the OP's no was ported.

Yes, but it's the sales assistant's job to verify the number before requesting, ie ringing the phone. I thought the network also did this while porting, maybe it was just Meteor? I can't remember now.

Pythia wrote: »
    Yes, but it's the sales assistant's job to verify the number before requesting, ie ringing the phone. I thought the network also did this while porting, maybe it was just Meteor? I can't remember now.

I never once did tbh. They should though, now I think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Pythia wrote: »

it is just meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Yes. Meteor just needed the OP to sign a CAF form and port resume. This would all have been over.

Anywho OP, you should be able to resume usage with your Meteor sim, dont know why they havent sorted you.

This is exactly what you need to do. Go into a Meteor store and ask for your number to be ported back. Let Meteor get in touch with O2 to sort out the how and why. State that you have been without service for X days.

Advertisement