Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2005 Nissan Almera SVE, value?

Options
  • 03-05-2008 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

51k on the clock (kms) my sister is looking at it to buy frm a garage..

What do you think the market value is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

11,500 euro roughly (less for cash).

She'll easily pick up one with less on the clock though - there are loads of them around. There are also better cars in that class - you should encourage her to drive a few different types so that she can be sure that she'd be happy with the Nissan.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

10 tops. (straight deal) the place is awash with them.

There are 319 2005 Almeras on Carzone alone. bargain hard.

SVE is desirable for an Almera, but not worth a whole pile more than an SX model in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

LOL, you guys are pretty friggin accurate :D

Its 11,500 for it in the garage, so for cash yea, less im sure.

Why is it so much cheaper than a renault (which i hate) or An opel astra (which i really like)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

Colm's valuation is more accurate than mine in real life. They have a poor image - they're not seen a sporty/trendy/a car lover's car - more something to get from A to B. Nissan sold lots of them as hire drives and the market is flooded with them - that'll have a knock on effect on its resale value. On the plus side, its well equipped - the air conditioning is a definite bonus, quite reliable and main dealer servicing doesn't normally cost an arm and a leg. If I was buying a 2005 one, I'd buy a Nissan Gold Standard one or one with Toyota dealer cover to get the one year warranty. Shop around and buy one with lower mileage as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't think the Almera had air conditioning as standard back in 2005. It had a climate controlled ventilation system alright but don't think it got air con till around 2006.

Regarding the Almera itself, well to be honest there are much better cars on offer in this class but you may have to go back a year for the same money. Also it is well documented that that model Almera suffers from timing chain tensioner issues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement