Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Shadow people'- anyone ever seen one?

Options
  • 03-05-2008 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Has anyone ever seen one of these so-called 'shadow people'? And I don't mean while you were on some sort of hallucinogenic or whatever! :rolleyes: I'm deadly serious.

I saw one over a year ago near the driveway of my friend's house late one night. About 15 feet away from me. A lilac-grey figure, androgynous, very tall, rail thin, and it seemed to come out of thin air running extremely fast. It briefly turned its head to look at me while it was moving and I saw that it had no facial features whatsoever, before it literally disappeared. Gave me the ****ing chills. :eek:

Haven't seen anything like it (or, indeed, anything at all), since. Any thoughts on this? I'm not taking the piss and I wasn't 'on' anything that night. Sober as ****, normal mindset, whatever.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Yeah right Missus Gin and tonic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 RossKavanagh18

Dont be so skeptical I saw one too. Two months ago I was walking past a disused mill beside where I live and saw a 'shadow' man walk through the closed gates.

A jaysus lads,
    At best an optical illusion.
    At worst a creation of an overactive imagination or tired mind.

Ghosts/Shadow men/fairies/Gods/Devils/Angles/Demons NO NOT EXIST.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 RossKavanagh18

once again, dont be so skeptical. . you wont know until you experience it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Ya I seen 'em. That is to say I saw them. Am might be time to get the ould noggin checked tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭ShellBell1

No, there was no optical illusion (my eyesight is fine, thanks), or Gin&Tonic involved (I don't even drink). Fully awake walking towards the house. As Ross said, if you see it for yourself, you won't be so quick to judge others so harshly.

ShellBell1 wrote: »
    No, there was no optical illusion (my eyesight is fine, thanks), or Gin&Tonic involved (I don't even drink). Fully awake walking towards the house. As Ross said, if you see it for yourself, you won't be so quick to judge others so harshly.

Im not judging you. Simply pointing out that if you are going around the place seeing all sorts of strange supernatural creatures then maybe its time to have the head looked at.
    Dont you think?

And Caoibhin, I can't even understand why you're in this particular forum if you think all of this is b*llsh*t. It's akin to a priest participating in a game of online poker.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

caoibhinn. Your posts have been reported. Sorry mate, but your supposed to be a bit more tolerant. Charter is that way. ^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

caoibhin wrote: »
    A jaysus lads,
    At best an optical illusion.
    At worst a creation of an overactive imagination or tired mind.

Ghosts/Shadow men/fairies/Gods/Devils/Angles/Demons NO NOT EXIST.

Then why are you lurking about in this paranormal forum?? :confused:

Edit: Nevermind, it's already been asked!

• Advertisement

"..creatures"? I never said it in the plural sense. I saw ONE figure. ONE and one ONLY.

Who the hell do you think you are suggesting to me I get my head checked? Bugger off.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

"..creatures"? I never said it in the plural sense. I saw ONE figure. ONE and one ONLY.

Who the hell do you think you are suggesting to me I get my head checked? Bugger off.

Ignore it.:)

And Caoibhin, I can't even understand why you're in this particular forum if you think all of this is b*llsh*t. It's akin to a priest participating in a game of online poker.

You asked the question. Maybe you should have qualified it by requesting only people who would believe you should respond.

Relax. There's nothing wrong with you at all. I've seen things too though I am a little confused regarding the term, 'shadow people'. Do you mean ghosts? Or am I a little slow? :p

Don't worry, you don't need your head checked :)

You asked the question. Maybe you should have qualified it by requesting only people who would believe you should respond.

Eh... you are in the paranormal forum...

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Eh... you are in the paranormal forum...

Ive just read the charter and i cant see where it says that one must believe in the paranormal to contribute.

Yeah, Caoibhin, I should have initially specified, "No jaded naysayers need reply".

I used the term 'shadow people' because I was reading up on this stuff afterwards and the description of them by other witnesses matched what I saw.

Yeah, I suppose it's just like a ghost really. Not like goddamn Casper or whatever (!), but you know what's alive and well and what isn't (i.e. that shadow thing I saw). Anyway, if you Google 'shadow people', various results will come up.

Ive just read the charter and i cant see where it says that one must believe in the paranormal to contribute.

Yes but can you at least respect that there are many believers in here who recieve peace of mind and solace from believing in the paranormal?

What you are doing is similar to going into the Christianity forum and shouting out "God isn't real, na na na na na!". It is a tad disrespectful and dare I say... trollish! :eek:

I used the term 'shadow people' because I was reading up on this stuff afterwards and the description of them by other witnesses matched what I saw.

Yeah, I suppose it's just like a ghost really. Not like goddamn Casper or whatever (!), but you know what's alive and well and what isn't (i.e. that shadow thing I saw). Anyway, if you Google 'shadow people', various results will come up.

Ah okay. Of course you are not the only person to see a spirit/shadow person/ghost ..etc.. ;)

Just read the Ghosts: What are your experiences?.. thread! :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, MizzLolly, I realise I'm not alone in this sort of thing. I haven't looked at that thread you suggested (but will do), but I know from talking to other people before. Some I believed, some I didn't. Bear in mind I don't encounter weird stuff on a regular basis. Only once in a blue moon, usually when I least expect it.

Well, there will always be people who will call you a delusional nutcase if you report seeing intangible things, but that's life. F*ck it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I was in a room with 10 other people (mostly Boardsies) and most of those ten saw "something" moving about the room. Some even saw it approach me in a chair and put its hands around my neck.

Some of the Boardsies in the room where monkeyfudge, ladybirdirl, stevenmu, grimes not sure if Stoner and ODonnell where in the room too?

Sabotage wrote: »
    I was in a room with 10 other people (mostly Boardsies) and most of those ten saw "something" moving about the room. Some even saw it approach me in a chair and put its hands around my neck.

Jesus, is that for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'm sure the otehrs will come in and collaborate the story. It was in Ross Castle on a trip we organised through this forum. Wasnt even the weirdest thing thats happened down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Yeah right Missus Gin and tonic.
    That's a contribution, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Duff

Sabotage wrote: »
    I'm sure the otehrs will come in and collaborate the story. It was in Ross Castle on a trip we organised through this forum. Wasnt even the weirdest thing thats happened down there.

What was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

What were the other strange happenings,please share them Sabotage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep. I was in Ross Castle that time and could make out the figure next to 'sabotage'

I'd be of a skeptic mindset myself... but outrightly discounting unexplained phenomenon is silly and short sighted. But I'm certainly not going to jump to the conclusion of ghosts any time soon.

We're going back to Ross castle at the end of the month. It should prove interesting.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

caoibhin banned

• Advertisement

Sabotage wrote:

Can you just freely walk into Ross Castle, or what? Sorry, I've never been there so I don't have a clue.

What's the history of the place? I'm crap at historical knowledge of local sites, etc.

Yeah, I dunno about ghosts either. I don't like using that word for anything 'otherwordly'- it's a bit of an 'umbrella' word, i.e. covers the whole spectrum. That thing you saw beside Sabotage sounds freaky, though. What did it look like, and did it just disappear then, or what?

Advertisement