Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Shadow people'- anyone ever seen one?

Options

Comments

johnsix wrote: »
    It would validate your piont?
    It would prove me wrong?
    It would show other people curious about it where the evidence comes from?
    It would add credibility to a lot of other arguements on the fourm?
    It would add to the overall knowledge of everyone?
    Please, take your pick.

But the thing I'm really curious about is the reason you won't tell.

Sorry they are not good enough for me .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭johnsix

Sorry they are not good enough for me .
    Of course they are not.
    As I said, It safe to assume you can't show an example of science ignoring or pushing aside something because they can't explain it, neither can you show any evidence that police use psychic regularly or to success.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

This brings me back to one of the topics here awhile ago to do with the corner of the eye, with some cultures believing the eye is the gateway to the soul and many people (including myself) have seen dark or black shadowy figures out of the corner of my eye due to the fact that your not concesly looking out of the corner of your eye. Possible that it could be something relate due to lack of concentration maybe due to fatigue.
    But as said, thats not to rule of an optical elusion as they can be very convincing.

Of course they are not.
    As I said, It safe to assume you can't show an example of science ignoring or pushing aside something because they can't explain it, neither can you show any evidence that police use psychic regularly or to success.

I can actually on all counts .

I can actually on all counts .
    So why not enlighten us?
    Why do I not deserve the enlightenment you have to offer?

Maybe you would like to grow up and debate like an adult.

• Advertisement

So why not enlighten us?

Because im not looking to debate .

Anyway this is a discussion on shadowpeople Tell me what you know about them ?

Because im not looking to debate .

Anyway this is a discussion on shadowpeople Tell me what you know about them ?
    Or act like a rational adult apparently.

Im actuing as an adult here in work . Your just entertaining me on my short breaks . Are you a shadow person ?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

"I'm sleeping with Angelina Jolie."
    "Really. Can you prove it?"
    "Yes."
    "Then do?"
    "No."
    "Why not?"
    "I don't want to."
    "But why?"
    "Your not good enough."
    "But if you proved it, it would add weight to your arguments."
    "Give me one good reason that I should?"
    "You wouldn't sound like an ignorant fool."
    "You're an ignorant fool."

That's what you sound like...

Im actuing as an adult here in work . Your just entertaining me on my short breaks . Are you a shadow person ?
    What are you on about?
    Why can't you give me one example of science brushing something aside like you said? It will take two seconds to type it out. Whats stopping you exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

From my experiences there are two types of 'shadow people', what types have people run into and where and when ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

So why not enlighten us?

johnsix banned for personal abuse.

Also can people please stick to the topic of shadow people. We can not have every thread be dragged off into the whole proof/no-proof argument. This is the paranormal forum which implicitly means that many, if not all, threads will be related to topics for which there is no scientific proof, if there was they would be in one of the science forums instead. This forum expressly exists for the purpose of discussing those topics and continually getting bogged down in whether there is proof or not is only getting in the way of that purpose.

Ghost Girl wrote: »
    John six your very naive
    Maybe if somebody who actually contributes to this forum wanted the info. I would be happy to share.
    Obviously you know nothing about it. So i am not going to go any further with this conversation .

And the crowning jewel:
    this just makes you an intolerant and close minded human being.

Pray tell me good Sirs, how the infraction Johnsix has commited is worse than those commited by the fellons indicated above...

Thaedydal wrote: »
    From my experiences there are two types of 'shadow people', what types have people run into and where and when ?

It seems to be some sort or craze at the moment. But now there are shadow people that just wear black clothes, but i dont know too much about that yet.

Waverly Hills is supposed to be the place were you can see them . Ask Stoner he was there this year but he saw nothing.

I still dont think they or worthy of their title yet as lets face it . They can be easily re-created.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Back on Topic

Shellbell I too have seen a 'shadow person' although I wouldn't call it a shadow nor would it had more substanance to it nor would I call it the Sandyman Port man.

I was at home in the kitchen my mother was there and the dog. The dog was standing facing the door growling so my motherand I turned around I went to open the door to see what he was growling at. I opened the door and the dog shot off barking like a lunatic. As he ran off both my mother and I saw what appeared to be a cloaked figure disapear around the corner of the house. I went out brandishing a hurly only to find nothing and no one there even the dog had stopped barking.

at the time my mother & I just put it down to a trick of the light or our imaginations but something happened a few nights later that made us think again.

on something Johnsix said about detectives not using psychics. Isn't the tv show medium based on a real woman, who can see how you're going to die.

EDIT: Yeah I know it's a TV SHOW

It seems to be some sort or craze at the moment. But now there are shadow people that just wear black clothes, but i dont know too much about that yet.

I'd say that mib or men in black is a lot different from shadow people.
    Waverly Hills is supposed to be the place were you can see them . Ask Stoner he was there this year but he saw nothing.

oh didn't know there were a type that were assocated with a certain place.
    I still dont think they or worthy of their title yet as lets face it . They can be easily re-created.

Why so and how ?

The two types I would have encountered would be shadows or impression of people who have been in place before and then a very different type all together who seem to some from the between places.

Detectives use physics all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Thaedydal, would you agree that there are those that come about natually and those that are "created" for want of a better word?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

??? wrote: »

you know what I ment, there's no need to be pedantic

PERSONAL ABUSE!!!

No offense intended.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

??? wrote: »

Stick to the shadow people topic please. No more warnings for this.

6th wrote: »
    Thaedydal, would you agree that there are those that come about natually and those that are "created" for want of a better word?

"Created" or summoned to preform a task and function ?

I'd say that mib or men in black is a lot different from shadow people.

oh didn't know there were a type that were assocated with a certain place.

Why so and how ?

The two types I would have encountered would be shadows or impression of people who have been in place before and then a very different type all together who seem to some from the between places.

In work sor not gonig to quote each question .

1 . These peopel are now bing classed as shadow people in the paranormal world. I wouldnt . But poeple who are studying the subject class them as Shadow People.

2 . Waverly Hills is Classed as "the home" of shadow people . There is supposedly more of a chance at seeing one there.

3 .Lets face it a shadow is a shape and thats all. Alot of the time people say they are a shape of human form. I saw a cloud that looked like a person . Is it a Cloud person ? So somebody goes into a house and see's a shadow of a person .
    If her have shadow people , we should have Haizey people . See through people. Young people, Old people . Animal People .

To me its another appirition .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

"Created" or summoned to preform a task and function ?

Summoned suggests that it already existed but do you think it (as a drone to carry out tasks) can be brought into existence?

6th wrote: »
    Summoned suggests that it already existed but do you think it (as a drone to carry out tasks) can be brought into existence?

I think that tupla or enties or tought forms can be 'created' to appear as shadow people but that to me is different from Shadow Pepople.

Again I am coming at this at a pretty different angle then most people where hence the trying to feel and figure out what you lot and what in current parrots normal terms is meant by shadow people.

In work sor not gonig to quote each question .

1 . These peopel are now bing classed as shadow people in the paranormal world. I wouldnt . But poeple who are studying the subject class them as Shadow People.

what would you class them as ? and what would you class as shadow people ?

2 . Waverly Hills is Classed as "the home" of shadow people . There is supposedly more of a chance at seeing one there.

tbh never heard of it.
    3 .Lets face it a shadow is a shape and thats all. Alot of the time people say they are a shape of human form. I saw a cloud that looked like a person . Is it a Cloud person ? So somebody goes into a house and see's a shadow of a person .
    If her have shadow people , we should have Haizey people . See through people. Young people, Old people . Animal People .

Does't mean that to me at all.
    To me its another appirition .

what do you consider to be an apparition ?

what would you class them as ? and what would you class as shadow people ?

what do you consider to be an apparition ?

I currently Class them as shadows. Until i see one and make up my own mind.

An Apparition ? Well i am yet to see one of these also . Are they just residual energy left behind. Are they are recording of an event in the past . Or are they an actually intelligent entity .

I approach this from a skeptical point of view .

Here is a picture i took . Its in the shape of a man. It was pitch black when i took the picture and i didnt see it until i looked at my phone.

brighterimageya8.th.png

To me its just a shadow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shadowatching

For me, its a constant. I would be talking to someone, then all of a sudden i turn my head thinking i see someone walking up behind me. No, I am not paranoid, nor anything like that. I am aware of my surroundings, as is the next person I hope. But, i started to see them when i was 13 years old, when i went from child to adult. Normally, adults dont see them as much as childern. IF you see your kids talking then the attention is drawn someone where, else ASK them, what they see. Sometimes, its your parents or loved ones just checking up on you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭eveie

i use to see "shadow people" all the time when i was younger and i had a few scary experiences and some pleasent ones as well. i do believe that children are more open to seeing them. i know myself that i have closed myself off from seeing them. i have been told that i have a "gift" i dont know if i'd agree with that, but i do know that they exsist.

Advertisement