Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Shadow people'- anyone ever seen one?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shadowatching

I am almost 30 years old. I never call it a gift, even though i carry my tarot cards with me, incase they wish to talk to me. I have answered a few questions with the 'mortal' people that the shadows try to cling on. One of them was a good friend of mine, she had her ex died and just wanted to tell her that he loves the baby they made. he died before the child was dead. There is times, where i just...stop and stare, tranced like.

I fear my apartment so many noises, been here for 2 years now, and i see them more in here then at my moms. I sleep with the kitchen light on, one so i can see and not trip over stuff, and another is i been seeing things that i would start crying. MOstly hovering around my face, going up and down, well when your laying on your side, it looks up and down. Sometimes i can just make out a face, but mostly just a blank face.

I tried to reach out once, but it just 'poofed.'

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ghost Girl

eveie wrote: »
    i use to see "shadow people" all the time when i was younger and i had a few scary experiences .

A friend of mine saw a very scary shadow person in his bedroom when he was young. He never said any thing to his parents, but it really affected him, so much so he can clearly describe the whole incident today. It wasn't until he was a teenager, that his mother decided one day to have the house blessed. He asked her why she was doing this, and of course she didn't want to frighten him, but just felt there were strange things happening in the house and felt it should be blessed. It wasn't until then that he told her about the shadow person experience in his room when he was a child. She still didn't tell him why she was having the place blessed, but as soon as it was done, the atmosphere totally changed in the house. Absolutely no problem since, and to this day my friend (who is very level headed ) believes there was an evil presence in the house.

His shadow person was literally a black figure, no clear features, which moved about his room, but just before it appeared, the room became very very cold, and he felt threatened as a child. It would last a min or two and then disappear, and the room would feel normal again.

eveie wrote: »
    i use to see "shadow people" all the time when i was younger and i had a few scary experiences and some pleasent ones as well. i do believe that children are more open to seeing them. i know myself that i have closed myself off from seeing them. i have been told that i have a "gift" i dont know if i'd agree with that, but i do know that they exsist.

Yes kids are more open to these things and parents need to take notice of what they're kids say, don't scare them, just note in your head what they're saying... and yes i've been told too i have a gift and that i could get closed off if I want - im still deciding on that. I haven't seen shadow people though! Just normal dead ones!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

I've had quite a bit of experience with these myself. I used to be pretty much plagued by them years ago, until I learned to shut them out.

I still see them occasionally, but only when I allow myself to.

There are so many different idea's and views about what these things are, most of you here on this board reckon they are some kind of ghost.

To be honest, I don't think that they are the spirits of dead people, I think that they are parasitic entities.

Of course, I can't say without a doubt that what I have seen is the same as what any of the other posters have seen, only that they have manifested in a similar way. As shadows, in the shape of people.

(I have seen ghosts a couple of times in my life and to me they never looked like shadows, they looked like people.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

smithcity wrote: »
    I've had quite a bit of experience with these myself. I used to be pretty much plagued by them years ago, until I learned to shut them out.

I still see them occasionally, but only when I allow myself to.

There are so many different idea's and views about what these things are, most of you here on this board reckon they are some kind of ghost.

To be honest, I don't think that they are the spirits of dead people, I think that they are parasitic entities.
    Of course, I can't say without a doubt that what I have seen is the same as what any of the other posters have seen, only that they have manifested in a similar way. As shadows, in the shape of people.

(I have seen ghosts a couple of times in my life and to me they never looked like shadows, they looked like people.)

What exactly do you mean by this? It's a very broad statment could you be more specific?

• Advertisement

Sorry yes, it's a bit too broad. I'm not talking vampires or any such nonsense.

Some of the modern shamanic traditions, like Nagualism, talk about entities, sometimes referred to as Shadow Beings, that are drawn towards certain types of people (often people who are delving into spirituality or mysticism).

According to some belief systems, these entities feed off of the personal power raised by people on such paths, acting as parasites that hinder the persons growth and progress.

The reason I concur with the idea (if not to the letter) is because I used to see these things nearly every night and their behaviour worried me. They seemed to appear and lean in close to me. I didn't know what it meant or signified.

Anyway, my point is that I got myself attuned to Reiki and since then it's like there's a barrier between me and them. It's as though they cant get near me unless I allow them to.
    They no longer hang around, appearing all the time. I think that perhaps I got to a certain point where they were no longer able to effectively act as parasites. As though I developed an immunity.

Now I know thats an assumption, but it's just an explanation that I think may hold water.

I wouldnt even quote them as an entity or a phenomona . They are just shadows . People thinking they have a mind of their own .

SHadows generally don't stand beside you dre. Shadows dont have 3 dimensional form. The don't move about by themselves.
    I'm not so dimwitted that I can't tell a shadow from a 3 dimensional entity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Waterfall1975

Before I saw this thread, I posted my story in "Ghosts - What are your experiences?" (pg 43):

About 5 years back, I went to Sutton graveyard to visit grandparent's graves. Searched for 30 mins & couldn't find them. Went down to the caretakers shack in the bottom corner, behind the trees. Told him of my search. He opened his book mapping the graveyard and there before me stood the shadowy image of everyone buried there, all gathered there closely together (just like in the movies - just can't think of the name).
    Couldn't make out any distinguishable features on anyone, just that it was like a few hundred people / shadowy forms in attendance.

The caretaker flicked thru the pages and when he mentioned their names, all the shadows receded but two. I giggled & smiled (glad to remember them); "Yep, that's them." Looked again at the two remaining spirits/essences, then they disappeared like the rest - kinda obvious who I think they were. Took my directions, thanked the man & left the shack. (BTW, Caretaker seems to have a good rapport with the residents! lol)

Are you sure they weren't just the shadows of the headstones?
    Only joking, that's pretty interesting. Unusual too.
    Just to clarify, were the shadows in the shack with the caretaker, or out in the graveyard?

• Advertisement

Are you sure they weren't just the shadows of the headstones?
    Only joking, that's pretty interesting. Unusual too.
    Just to clarify, were the shadows in the shack with the caretaker, or out in the graveyard?

In the shack. It was like the back wall became 2nd place to the 'crowd' gathered. Not that the crowd stretched beyond it, just that it wouldn't be possible to fit that many real people into the space available but the crowd of shadows took precedence in the space. like a 4th dimension superceding our 3. Kinda like they were there all along but only made themselves visible / came forward from the backround when they were called upon. (hope u get the explanation)

Generally, it was kinda like in 'lord of the rings', when the dead returned for the battle & moved from the ships onto the land (woeful example but that kinda thing)

That's an unusual one alright. Ever had anything else similar happen or was it just the once?

Nah, Nothing else on this thread. The ghost experiences thread brought back a lot of memories, so posted 1 or 2 stories there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Of all the paranormal experiences people have claimed to have, I think ones with shadow people freak me out the most. I haven't and definitely wouldn't like to see one. Do most people sense a malevolent aura off them? Has anyone ever had any encounters where they felt safe around these shadow beings? Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Sorry yes, it's a bit too broad. I'm not talking vampires or any such nonsense.

Some of the modern shamanic traditions, like Nagualism, talk about entities, sometimes referred to as Shadow Beings, that are drawn towards certain types of people (often people who are delving into spirituality or mysticism).

According to some belief systems, these entities feed off of the personal power raised by people on such paths, acting as parasites that hinder the persons growth and progress.

The reason I concur with the idea (if not to the letter) is because I used to see these things nearly every night and their behaviour worried me. They seemed to appear and lean in close to me. I didn't know what it meant or signified.

Anyway, my point is that I got myself attuned to Reiki and since then it's like there's a barrier between me and them. It's as though they cant get near me unless I allow them to.
    They no longer hang around, appearing all the time. I think that perhaps I got to a certain point where they were no longer able to effectively act as parasites. As though I developed an immunity.

Now I know thats an assumption, but it's just an explanation that I think may hold water.

Sorry to revive this thread but this post got me. I was friendly with a guy a few years back who had a sort of enigmatic air about him. He was basically a decent guy but he said himself that he was quite wild. When I knew him he just smoked dope at weekends but had quite a high powered job so he was fairly together. He was staying in my place one night and the next morning asked me had I any strange dreams. I hadn't had any dreams out of the ordinary but he had seen a tall, grey shadowy figure walk through the wall, past him and out the window. He was so scared it spooked me a bit but I didn't see anything after that - I got the distinct impression that the shadow thingy was hanging around with him, if you get my drift. Shortly after that I lost contact with him.

I'm not attuned to reiki myself but have a fairly strong Christian faith even though I'm not into organised religion (too much corruption and power tripping). Most of us go through life without seeing these sort of things and to be honest, I'd rather not see them. I find the shamanic path interesting but I think it's a lifetime study that doesn't mix with a day job.

It's funny that Smithcity stopped seeing those shadowy things after his reiki attunement. People often report seeing more things after a reiki attunement, auras etc.

Emme wrote: »
    When I knew him he just smoked dope at weekends but had quite a high powered job so he was fairly together..... he had seen a tall, grey shadowy figure walk through the wall, past him and out the window. He was so scared it spooked me a bit but I didn't see anything after that.......

He smoked dope! Surely that could contribute to him seeing shadows etc..?

Anyway, I don't smoke dope and since I was on this thread, I am seeing shadows often enough in my home at the moment, just catching things out of the corner of my eye. I never had this before, I'm not tired, infact i've never felt better, im just not sure whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Anyone see that CNN live report from Neverland where a shadowy thing passed by at the end of a passageway? Chilling.

*insert ribald joke about Jacko giving you the willies here*

Anyone see that CNN live report from Neverland where a shadowy thing passed by at the end of a passageway? Chilling.

*insert ribald joke about Jacko giving you the willies here*
    It was Michael. He's on the warpath!

yeah I saw that report, it sent a little tingle down my spine but I expect it was just somebody walking past the lighting.

Anyhow, in response to Ghost Girl, I get that all the time. Seeing somebody out of the corner of my eye, standing beside me, turning to them and finding theres nobody there. 99 times out of a hundred it's just a trick of the light, but it still gives me the creeps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

So what's the difference between Muintir na Scáth (Shadow People) and ordinary regular ghosts?

• Advertisement

So what's the difference between Muintir na Scáth (Shadow People) and ordinary regular ghosts?

As far as I understand....ghosts are just like people... in fact you may not even know you saw a ghost. For example a relative of mine was in a meeting room and in walked a elderly priest and left a note in one of the books on the shelf, and walked out again. Then the young priest he was meeting walked in and at the end of their chat, my relative asked who the older priest was as he looked familiar. The young priest seemed surprised and when told about the note he looked it up and found it was for a mass that had to be said for some deceased person in the parish.

On the way out my relative spotted the elderly priest who was photographed on the wall, and apparently he was dead a number of years. So that must have been his ghost!

The Shadow people as far as I understand, come in all shapes and sizes, and just don't look like an ordinary person. I've seen partial people and I;m now not sure if they are shadow people or not. I used to think they were. I saw a documentary on TV and shadow people were moving quickly around people, they were just black shadows and mostly spoken about in a negative light by the person experiencing them, and some were attaching themselves to people, and causing problems in their lives.

There you go - any help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Ghost Girl wrote: »

There you go - any help?

Yes thanks. So they would not have been people who were born into this existence?

Yes thanks. So they would not have been people who were born into this existence?

Thats a good question, i would guess not, but honestly I don't know. The ghosts thing is straight forward, after that who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sean OB

Hi, I know this is an old thread. I want to share some of my recent experiences with you all...

I have been seeing these shadow people/men for the last 25 years. I've had multiple various encounters with the so called shadow's. The most recent was in August of this year in Dublin 8. It was about 11.30pm and I was in the living room on the sofa doing some work on the laptop. Here I vividly seen a massive shadow person/man, I only seen the top of its torso from the top of chest up. It was as if it was coming down the wall upside down. The head and shoulders were coming down the wall, with the rest of its upper torso on the ceiling. As soon as I seen it, I laughed at it and it retracted back across the ceiling and diminished from sight after a few seconds.
    more-eye-witness-hat-man-tales.html
    This image is similar to the above mentioned sighting but without the red eyes.

I've seen them in the cold light of day where they are sometimes shadows and other times look like a ripple of energy. In mid summer I seen one of these ripples in the day time while in another part of D8. Then in the same location I seen a shadow person/man pop its head over a banisters on a mezzanine floor in the middle of the day. Kind of like an indoor balcony. Its head popped out right where the banister/rail meets the corner of the wall. Its head was thin and bald. It remained in vision for a second. About a week or so later, in the exact same spot where the head protruded I seen a flash of light resembling a miniature lightening bolt. It had a greenish hue to it.. More occurences happened in and around that time but not of the shadowman/person nature.

Advertisement