Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Come on you Forest

• 03-05-2008 5:02pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry mods

I had to post as I cant stop shouting!! :D

Finally we have got out of League 1!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well done Forest, delighted to see them finally go back up. Now hopefully Leeds will be playing them again next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yep well done to Forest. Had them in my multiple bet today so cheers for that! Big fan of Kris Commons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Does neil shipperely still play for them?

alan rodgers?
    chettle?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Does neil shipperely still play for them?

alan rodgers?
    chettle?
    Ah no - they are all about 40 years old now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Ha, I only remember them from their 98' season. My cousin follows forest, and I had the very ''proud'' honour of being a mascot when they played bray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, back to pints, bye:pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Culchie wrote: »
    Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, back to pints, bye:pac:
    I new you would be around Culchie ;)

I'll have a heineken so if you are buying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

I knew of a guy who was an Arsenal fan up to 94/95, but after a poor Arsenal season and a great Forest one (3rd under Clark, Collymore on fire), he switched to Forest and has lived with it ever sense.

No doubt he'll be happy today though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

Aye - Congrats to Forrest - hopefully Leeds U will be playing against you next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Nice and handy away trip for me next season and Kris Commons joining Norwich at the end of the season ;)

• Advertisement

kensutz wrote: »
    Nice and handy away trip for me next season and Kris Commons joining Norwich at the end of the season ;)
    I hope us getting promoted convinces him to stay but AFAIK he only signed a 1 year contract!

Its just too good to be true,
    Can't take my eyes off of you

Youuuuu Reds ........:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I'd like to throw my congrats in there too. Delighted you guys went up, hope to be playing you again next season! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jimmyboy

Kommons is quality.
    oyalty to the club has to be the only reason he's in that league.
    Hopefully Carlise to follow shortly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

fantastic lads, not been to a match like that before - awsome awsome awsome :)

'stand up, for the brian clough!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

If I hadn't been so hungover on Saturday, I'd have gotten the stream and watched the game. As it was, the highlights were enough. What a way for us to go up! :)

Can't wait for the championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Congrats Forrest. Heading the right way. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Gotta disagree with you there lads. Commons has to be the most over rated player outside of the Prem. I've seen him on a number of occassions this season and he's not even Forests best midfielder (Lewis McGugan or Chris Cohen are much much better). Even my Forest mates who go most weeks say he's lazy and thinks he's better than he actually is.

If there was to be an offer for him for between 1.5- 2 mil, Forest should snap their hands off

Gotta disagree with you there lads. Commons has to be the most over rated player outside of the Prem. I've seen him on a number of occassions this season and he's not even Forests best midfielder (Lewis McGugan or Chris Cohen are much much better). Even my Forest mates who go most weeks say he's lazy and thinks he's better than he actually is.

If there was to be an offer for him for between 1.5- 2 mil, Forest should snap their hands off

and buy what for 1.5m ?

I agree that he's a bit of a sunshine boy, my brother is a season ticket holder and says the same, but hopefully the Championship will lift his spirits a bit.

He has quality, and quaility counts for a lot in the championship (much more so that Div 1) .... so with full ground every match next season, I think he could have a storming season.

I'd certainly try and get him to sign a new contract (if only to get the club a decent payoff if he was too leave) .... and lets see how he goes the first half of next season.

Commins can supply the quality, what we need is 25/30 goal a season proven championship scorer (K Phillips/C Morrison/J Beattie) ....would love Stern John to come back to Forest.

I think we'll get some decent signings, I was listening to chairman Doughty on BBC Radio Nottingham, and he is adamant that he is not going to rest on laurels and will be pushing all out for us to get back to where we belong in the Premiership. With the academy churning out the best young footballers outside the premiership, so it's looking good. (I think 7 of the present first team are Nottingham born and bred). I also think we could get some of the better 'relegated' players as well that would not be auto Premiership players....e.g Kevin Doyle/Leroy Lita/Forrssell.

Anyways isn't this a great 'problem' to have, thanks be to Jebus that we don't have to endure Div 1 football again, it's truly kerrapp

Forest are on the up now, and would be more attractive to players than all the other clubs in the Championship

and buy what for 1.5m ?

I agree that he's a bit of a sunshine boy, my brother is a season ticket holder and says the same, but hopefully the Championship will lift his spirits a bit.

He has quality, and quaility counts for a lot in the championship (much more so that Div 1) .... so with full ground every match next season, I think he could have a storming season.

I'd certainly try and get him to sign a new contract (if only to get the club a decent payoff if he was too leave) .... and lets see how he goes the first half of next season.

Commins can supply the quality, what we need is 25/30 goal a season proven championship scorer (K Phillips/C Morrison/J Beattie) ....would love Stern John to come back to Forest.

I think we'll get some decent signings, I was listening to chairman Doughty on BBC Radio Nottingham, and he is adamant that he is not going to rest on laurels and will be pushing all out for us to get back to where we belong in the Premiership. With the academy churning out the best young footballers outside the premiership, so it's looking good. (I think 7 of the present first team are Nottingham born and bred). I also think we could get some of the better 'relegated' players as well that would not be auto Premiership players....e.g Kevin Doyle/Leroy Lita/Forrssell.

Anyways isn't this a great 'problem' to have, thanks be to Jebus that we don't have to endure Div 1 football again, it's truly kerrapp

Forest are on the up now, and would be more attractive to players than all the other clubs in the Championship

Our academy (Leeds) would give you a run for your money:D

But agree with what you're saying about needing a 20 goal a season man, can't see Tyson or Agogo banging in the goals in Championship. You could do worse than Beckford if we don't go up. Although most Forest fans I've spoken to want to get Leon Best from Coventry or Marlon Harewood from Villa

• Advertisement

But agree with what you're saying about needing a 20 goal a season man, can't see Tyson or Agogo banging in the goals in Championship. You could do worse than Beckford if we don't go up. Although most Forest fans I've spoken to want to get Leon Best from Coventry or Marlon Harewood from Villa

Harewood was loved at Forest, and when they sold him and used the poxy 1m on Marlon King, it was probably the catalyst for disaster. It showed what ambition the club had (none) and was an absolute crime. That was the time I knew we were fecked. The heart of soul of the club was being sold down the swanny, supporters were being ignored....and still be asked to pay Premiership prices at the turnstiles.

btw it's no co-incidence that the common connector here is Paul Hart ....that was another savage mistake by Forest board, getting rid of him was directly responsible for the last 3 years of hell.

Harewood was loved at Forest, and when they sold him and used the poxy 1m on Marlon King, it was probably the catalyst for disaster. It showed what ambition the club had (none) and was an absolute crime. That was the time I knew we were fecked. The heart of soul of the club was being sold down the swanny, supporters were being ignored....and still be asked to pay Premiership prices at the turnstiles.

Know exactly what you mean, we're still paying £30 sterling into ER for 3rd division football which is shocking, although since McAllisters come in we've been playing like Arsenal :D

btw it's no co-incidence that the common connector here is Paul Hart ....that was another savage mistake by Forest board, getting rid of him was directly responsible for the last 3 years of hell.

That's an excellent point actually. He's head of Pompeys youth now, isn't he?

That's an excellent point actually. He's head of Pompeys youth now, isn't he?
    I didn't know that but a quick glance at Pompey's wesbite confirms he is.
    Also Forest old boy Ian Woan is a youth team coach!

Why did you let Prutton go,lads?

He's our player of the season

JESUS! JESUS! JESUS!

*bows*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well done Forest! It was plain wrong for a club of your stature to be in the third tier.

Why did you let Prutton go,lads?

He's our player of the season

JESUS! JESUS! JESUS!

*bows*

I think Prutton is just one of these players with itchy feet....always wanting to move on the the next club, always haggling for a better deal.

I think he'll look back on his career with regret when it's all over, he had potential to be top player.

I think Prutton is just one of these players with itchy feet....always wanting to move on the the next club, always haggling for a better deal.

I think he'll look back on his career with regret when it's all over, he had potential to be top player.

No complaints from us so far, he's already hero-worshipped at ER, a proper cult figure now. Maybe he's finally found his spiritual home!

• Advertisement

No complaints from us so far, he's already hero-worshipped at ER, a proper cult figure now. Maybe he's finally found his spiritual home!

Indeed, Maybe he has ... Div 1 football is not somewhere he should be playing though.

Indeed, Maybe he has ... Div 1 football is not somewhere he should be playing though.

The thing is though he's not an automatic first choice- he's 99% certain to be on the bench for the P.O's which is a bit ridiculous but our midfield has been playing so well lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Syke

What a great season, thrilling finish.

I'm not really ready to call it glorious, because we should never have been there to begin with, but I'm chuffed, having had my heart broken with the last two playoff attempts (especially the championship play offs a few seasons back) I was delighted we avoided them.

Now, clever investment in players to get us to the premier league, I don't want us languishing in the Championship for ever like wolves. :(

Commons off to Derby.

Is he on drugs?

Advertisement