Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Holiday Monday

Options
  • 03-05-2008 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

I know the library was open last year for the Bank Holiday - same deal this time around? What about other building on campus? And Restaurants/Shops? Will it be business as usual apart from the bank being closed or will most places be closed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

James Joyce is the only one open Sunday and Monday:

http://www.ucd.ie/library/about/opening_hours/may_bank_holiday/index.html

All the other buildings are closed afaik... not sure about 911 and whatnot, but packed lunches for study might be a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

The library's open - just check the library website for the opening hours. Regarding other buildings, etc. they probably won't be open... It'd also be worthwhile bringing in your own food as I doubt anywhere will be open. (911's unreliable at the best of times. I remember one weekend I went in to get food well after 'opening' time, but they said that they weren't open and to come back later.... Seriously annoying....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Any late assignments will have to be handed in on Tuesday when normal working hours resume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

As far as I know the forum/centre bar will be open and serving food on both sunday and monday.

Arts shop is open til 10pm both tomorrow and Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

****!! Forgot tomorrow was a bank holiday...i came in today just to print out some notes I really need only to find everywhere closed except the library, meaning the only printer credit machine was in the library..and it was out of order.... and i have no credit. So I thought, oh, ok, i can just come in tomorrow, but that's that plan fecked too.

AAghh ..dont mind me, just annoyed.... such a waste of valuable study time :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

****!! Forgot tomorrow was a bank holiday...i came in today just to print out some notes I really need only to find everywhere closed except the library, meaning the only printer credit machine was in the library..and it was out of order.... and i have no credit. So I thought, oh, ok, i can just come in tomorrow, but that's that plan fecked too.

AAghh ..dont mind me, just annoyed.... such a waste of valuable study time :mad:

ah jesus i would have a hissy fit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Arts shop is open til 10pm both tomorrow and Monday.

...you mean the library shop?
    Centra'll be open
    Librarys open til 12

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Only open till midnight starting Monday, it's 9pm as usual Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

is richview too closed tomorrow?:( *sigh* totally forget about the bank holiday...should have came in friday for the submission...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Tayto2000 wrote: »
    James Joyce is the only one open Sunday and Monday:

http://www.ucd.ie/library/about/opening_hours/may_bank_holiday/index.html

All the other buildings are closed afaik... not sure about 911 and whatnot, but packed lunches for study might be a plan.

911 was open today anyway, so was Centra

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Would anyone know if Crunch is open today?

Thanks

gubbie wrote: »
    ...you mean the library shop?
    Centra'll be open
    Librarys open til 12

It says the Arts shop on my payslip so that's what I'll call it! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭farva

Would anyone know if Crunch is open today?

Thanks

I enquired about that when I was in on Saturday, its closed today as it is every bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

anyone know what time the Daedulus is open until today? need to print off some notes that im making now for tomorrows exam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

The Daedulus isn't open today. You'll have to contend with computers in the Library.

Advertisement