Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap furniture

• 03-05-2008 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi all

Just bought an apartment and looking for cheap furniture (no money left) to fill house at the moment. Will change to better one along the line. Please suggest me from where?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

I'd say bargaintown will be best option - they will have house packages trageting the rental market at a good price.

Theres also a place in robinhood industrial estate dublin 12 called the landlord shop - seems to do shop soiled / returned products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Nothing cheaper than Free :D Check adverts.ie but you will find more on www.jumbletown.ie
    When you are ready to get new stuff, just put it back on jumbletown and it will be gone pretty quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

I know a guy who makes pine bedroom furniture from his garage and sells it at open markets. As far as I can tell it's indistinguishable from stuff you can buy at a posh high street store and the price differences are incredible. I bought 4 bedside lockers, 2 drawer chests and 2 dressing tables (with mirrors and stools) off this guy at a total cost of €740. The same shopping list (minus the stools) came to approx €1780 at most posh highstreet stores recommended retail prices that I viewed.

You can find this guy at the Inch market (on old Dublin road between Arklow and Gorey) on Saturday mornings and the Unyoke market (on coast road between Gorey and Wexford) on Sunday mornings.* Don't be put off by the fact it's an open market. I found this guy to be highly professional and a pleasure to deal with (he's not a traveller).

*He should be there any time between 8am to midday. Market may not go ahead during heavy rain.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Argos also have some cheap sets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Have you considered Ikea in belfast....Only takes 2 hours from Dublin with the motorway running all the way....and with the strong price of the Euro V Sterling might prove to be a worthwhile trip???

• Advertisement
Advertisement