Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The radio code megathread (No ford "V" codes available, See post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

I have a focus with a radio that says locked.

It says it's had 10 incorrect attempts. I tried it there now a moment ago and failed again (so 11 attempts in total). There's an M code and a radio code on a sticker under the ashtray, but it didn't work (unless he code is wrong? The serial is M042039 and the code is 0749).

Would I be right in guessing that the reason the code from the ashtray wouldn't work is because at some point someone must have removed/changed the head unit with another one from a different car? And therefore I'd be needing to get the head unit out altogether to have a look at the serial/code sticker on the head unit itself?

Cheers :)

you are correct, that code 0749 is indeed for that serial number so you need to take the radio out and get the serial number from that

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

I have a focus with a radio that says locked.

It says it's had 10 incorrect attempts. I tried it there now a moment ago and failed again (so 11 attempts in total). There's an M code and a radio code on a sticker under the ashtray, but it didn't work (unless he code is wrong? The serial is M042039 and the code is 0749).

Would I be right in guessing that the reason the code from the ashtray wouldn't work is because at some point someone must have removed/changed the head unit with another one from a different car? And therefore I'd be needing to get the head unit out altogether to have a look at the serial/code sticker on the head unit itself?

Cheers :)

Hi,
    Yeah it looks like someone changed the stereo at some point,only way to know is to Remove it and look for the Serial number on the side of it:)

Cheers guys, I thought so.

I tried to fashion a head-unit-removal-tool out of a coat hanger that I had, but to no avail. I'll get my mechanic to do it (I think he has the key thingies that you use to pull it out properly).

Thanks for the help, gents. Much appreciate. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

andrew_ob wrote: »
    Can anyone help me get my code for a seat aura radio,serial code SEZ2Z6D2127013

The code for this model radio cannot be calculated from serial number. Ask at your local garage as to where they get their radios repaired / decoded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I tried to fashion a head-unit-removal-tool out of a coat hanger that I had, but to no avail. I'll get my mechanic to do it (I think he has the key thingies that you use to pull it out properly).

I got one out before with a hanger. you put pieces in the four slots, ideally 2 pieces of wire, so you can get a grip and lever them towards the sides of the radio respectively. Bit of wiggling, and it should slide out. Easier and less messier to use the proper tools though. Are you going to keep an oem radio in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jaymoolay

Hello, I'm looking for the radio code for the factory stereo in a 2001 Ford Mondeo.

S/N M002219

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

jaymoolay wrote: »
    Hello, I'm looking for the radio code for the factory stereo in a 2001 Ford Mondeo.

S/N M002219

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Try 5974

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jaymoolay

It worked! Thank you very very much!

Ah I thought v codes could be gotten! Need the code to a radio I took out of my car. Any code on it that would be of any use?

Ah I thought v codes could be gotten! Need the code to a radio I took out of my car. Any code on it that would be of any use?
    You are looking for a serial number which starts with M or V. eg M 123456

• Advertisement

You are looking for a serial number which starts with M or V. eg M 123456

Ya I have the v code, but the title says they're not available

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nriccardi

Battery died and tripped the radio so it isn't working "sn" is 0006 the numbers under that are 28011908 and the number under the serial bar is 5S4T18C869AA please !

nriccardi wrote: »
    Battery died and tripped the radio so it isn't working "sn" is 0006 the numbers under that are 28011908 and the number under the serial bar is 5S4T18C869AA please !
    These numbers are of no use . Read earlier posts to find what type of numbers are needed to calculate your code.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Brenny1977

Hi

Not sure if the code can be gotten for the following radio.

It's from a 1992 Ford Sierra Cosworth:
    Reg: J486 LEW

Model: 2006
    L094891
    92FB-18K876-BA

In conjunction with amplifier:

Sound 2006
    89GB-18T803-AB

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Brenny1977 wrote: »
    Hi

L094891
    92FB-18K876-BA

Sound 2006
    89GB-18T803-AB

Cheers

Hi try 4915 if its a 4 digit code or 015 if it has only 3 digit code:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Brenny1977

Brenny1977 wrote: »
    Hi

L094891
    92FB-18K876-BA

Sound 2006
    89GB-18T803-AB

Cheers

In relation to the above can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction as to what connector loom I need to make the radio and amplifier work in the car? Took out the aftermarket one and previous owner has cut the original loom out and put in the connectors for the aftermarket radio instead.

The graphic equaliser: 89 GB-18T876-AB has two slots each with 8 pins and 1 x 4amp spade fuse.
    The radio: 92FD-18K876-BA has three slots. The first has 8 pins, the second has 7 pins and the third is a smaller 2 pin slot.

Any assistance would be grateful.

Also what CD player fits the graphic equaliser? There is a small slot at the back which says CD player with 10 contact surfaces (almost like the connectors on a LAN cable)

Is this any good in getting a code?

V002695

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Is this any good in getting a code?

V002695

Unfortunately not, as per the thread title free codes cannot be obtained for V serial numbers.

Anjobe wrote:
    Unfortunately not, as per the thread title free codes cannot be obtained for V serial numbers.

So it's the main stealer job?

So it's the main stealer job?

Yeah, I don't think they charge too much though. If you search online you can also find people who can supply the code for a tenner or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

richie_rvt wrote: »
    Hi, looking for a radio code for a 2004 Renault Laguna, numbers on the side are;

Model no. RENRDW100-10
    Prod no. FD0003020007762

It also has the following numbers;

8200247962TU368

Any one able to help?

Thanks a million,

Richie.

Hey Richie,

Not sure if you got sorted or not - this code should work for you

Cheers

JP

• Registered Users Posts: 10 coolcorragh

Could anyone help me I have a Opel Astra and I need the radio code
    GM050021605740 is the serial number
    CDR 500(E)

Could anyone help me I have a Opel Astra and I need the radio code
    GM050021605740 is the serial number
    CDR 500(E)
    Code for this model only available from main dealer or look for someone in your area who decodes car radios

• Registered Users Posts: 10 coolcorragh

Code for this model only available from main dealer or look for someone in your area who decodes car radios

Was thinking I'd have to go to the main dealer, thanks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

Hey guys, my serial number is M399926

Ford Focus

Anyone know the code?

Thanks

Tintin8 wrote: »
    Hey guys, my serial number is M399926

Ford Focus

Anyone know the code?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 aaron devers

hey, can anybody help with 02 vectra radio code?

serial number GM330886636

THANKS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Got a new clutch in my car but the garage couldnt take out the radio so couldnt sort out the code. I need to get a serial number for the car radio but dont have the radio book with the serial number on it as i bought it second hand. They said to ring a Ford garage and quote them the reg no, this will enable them to give me the serial number. Does anyone know is this only way bar taking out the radio myself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Advertisement

What car is it?

Advertisement